- Consolidate financial performance and conduct variance analyses. Report against appropriate cost and capital performance and benchmark measures. Conduct monthly reviews with Business Support managers to address variance issues and identify forecast opportunities.
- Produce and maintain effective, accurate and timely reporting process to support business decisions. Review financial reports and raise issues regarding trends, budget expectations and strategic plan. Utilize early warning system (analytical tools, etc.) to highlight critical concerns, summarize and present to Business Support and management.
- Consolidate and produce monthly management reporting pack focused on business performance against operating profit, cash and capital targets, and functional/cross-functional key performance indicators and metrics. Provide input to Leadership Team's business reporting pack. Leverage system solutions to automate the process.
- Drive efficiency in the reporting process. Meet established metrics for effectiveness of reporting and improvement opportunities. Identify and implement process improvement opportunities for tracking, controlling, and reporting on spend as needed. Create and maintain process documentation, job aids, models, templates and calendar.
- Complete special research and analysis projects. Work closely with Business Support and other critical staff functions to provide consistent data and forecasting assumptions. Design and prepare effective reports and presentations for various committee and leadership meetings and other such events. Ensure collaboration and delivery across geographical and cultural boundaries.
- Maintain compliance with current accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure they are accurate, complete and effective. Maintain compliance with company policies, laws, rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's and Master's degree in Finance or Accounting ( M.Com/Full time MBA/ICWA/CA) is required along with 2-5 years progressive work related experience in multiple areas of accounting and financial reporting, financial and/or business analysis - GL review & month end accounting, trend review, P&L analysis, and variance analysis.
- Experience in onshore transition and stabilization the process will be preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written is a must.
- Must be well versed with MS-Office. Demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft, Hyperion or similar financial software for the purpose of financial reporting, analysis and presentation.
- Strong analytical skills, Ability to problem-solve, make sound recommendations based on data, make day-to-day operating decisions, and proactively contribute to team goals.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing small to mid-scale projects.
- Ability to work across teams to deliver against objectives.
InterContinental Hotels Group - 2 years ago
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (IHG) is an international hotel business, which owns a portfolio of established and diverse hotel brands,...