Reporting directly to the Senior Vice Presidents/GMs of the Fiery and EPS Business Groups, the Vice President/GM of the EFI India Center will run the engineering groups and be responsible for driving all aspects of the local engineering discipline as well as operational management of the EFI India Center. Additionally, this individual will be part of the leadership team for both our Fiery business group as well as our EPS business group, carrying a unique position of insight and leadership for 2 of our 3 business groups in EFI, providing the liaison/bridge between the EFI India Center and other geographic locations in EFI.
The Vice President/GM of the EFI India Center is critical to helping drive EFI to its next level of growth, defining and executing on the integrated solutions of EPS and Fiery products. S/he will develop, in partnership with the other business group leaders, the product roadmap as well as provide transformational leadership for the existing team and drive transactional excellence and operational efficiencies.
He should have the entrepreneurial zeal, be a self-starter, action oriented person who doesn’t wait to be told but push es for reusable innovation and commercialization between different business groups of EFI.
In collaboration with other leaders in the respective business groups, developing a strategy and product roadmap for the engineering design and development of the Fiery/EPS integrated solutions. Acting as the evangelist for the integrated solutions roadmap throughout the EFI organization. Also understanding the technology to a level that allows recognition of significant advantages and opportunities that can be leveraged through different approaches to next generation platforms
2. EFI India Center General Manager Responsibilities:
- Leverage cross-team ideation, integration and standardization of products, features and underlying technology.
- Manage effectively fully self contained product from specs to delivery as well as collaborative work across geographies and team
- Work with the Global EFI Leadership team to define the future roadmap for the EFI India Center, break that into milestones and own the execution of these initiatives.
- Ensure that there is seamless integration between the engineering teams in India and the corresponding engineering and product management teams worldwide.
- Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, for all product development activities in the EFI India Center. .
- Engaging/Collaborating with Global teams for business ramp ups, business strategies.
- Ownership on strategies around increasing productivity of the EFI India Center and Engineering set up associated with the same.
- Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development and/or customer requirements, per the product and/or marketing requirements.
- Hire and direct staff of senior group members and directors to acquire necessary resources and plan to meet scheduled commitments.
- Develop the EFI India Center as a Center of Excellence for Engineering beyond the immediate requirements of product releases to make it an engine for innovation for EFI.
- Continue to build the EFI Brand in India as a centre of top talent. Nurture and mentor Engineering teams to constantly enhance skill levels across the organization.
- Be the unifying factor which holds the different teams and functions together to create a common culture within the EFI India Center. Ensure consistency and similar practices across the teams.
- Work collaboratively with multiple stake holders in a matrix organization.
- Managing Engineering teams and functional heads in India Centre.
- Enhance and institutionalize procedures and practices that ensure Design Standards are met (Code and Design Reviews).
- Effectively work within the budget to manage and grow the EFI India Center.
- Ensure that managers keep the communication flowing with their teams through formal and informal channels.
- Chairs the Management Committee meetings of the EFI India Center and facilitate the decision making process for the organization. Sets the goals and milestones for the EFI India Center and takes initiative on introducing new policies which raise the levels of performance.
- Represents the EFI India Center in Public Relations matters. .
- Represents the company in Software industry associations, Printing Industry associations.
Would be preferable if the candidate has handled a cost centre
- Overall 15-20 years of experience with at least 10+ years of management experience as part of large engineering teams.
- T he ideal candidate has an extensive experience in product development companies that prov id e complete products as opposed to services and resources .
- Should have worked in a matrix reporting environment managing multiple teams with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent team building and leadership skills is a must have.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of full product development cycle: from planning, architecture and design to multiple version production and maintenance.
- Track record of innovation & technological excellence.
- Excellent communication, leadership and team building skills.
- Would be preferable, if the candidate has worked in offshore development centre of a US based software company at a senior management level in similar capacity or at number two position in the IDC of that company.
Electronics For Imaging, Inc. - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard