Job / Position Title: Assistant Manager - Training
Function / Department: Training & Development
Designation: Assistant Manager - Training
Grade / Level in Org Structure: M03
Position reports to: Manager - Training
Positions reporting directly to this position: Sr. Executives, Officers, Sr. Officers
Primary purpose of the position: Manage the Development Training vertical for a specific Chief Operating Officer (COO) and few Head Of Departments (HODs)
Essential duties / responsibilities of the position: Routine
Conduct Training Needs Analysis (TNA) in conjunction with the Senior Manager Training and the Operations Staff
- Execute and collate TNA to offer solutions
- Develop and create training modules, customize them according to specifications of the individuals and as per operational needs
- Ensure quality of training delivered conforms to pre-defined standards
- Conduct Training Evaluation and provide feedback
- Track and analyze effectiveness and progress of programs delivered
- Prepare reports and maintain MIS
- Develop and improve the Training Schedules and assessment sheets in conjunction with Client
- Conduct quality assessments and audits and provide adequate feedback
- Liaise with vendors and professional training organizations
- Liaise with external agencies to be well acquainted with industry standards, competitors offerings etc.
- Maintain financial records of dealings with external vendor
- Create training budgets according to the training grid
- Build relationships with internal customers and monitor key performance drivers
- Ensure that all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met consistently
- Create Monthly / Batch on Batch Efficiency and Effectiveness Dashboards for each client serviced
- Handle the administrative as well as functional reporting of all the Assistant Managers, Senior Training Officers and Training Officers
- Ensure delivery of one training workshop at least once every quarter
- Mentor and coach new trainers on the job
- Ensured that learning design, content, mix of delivery options and tools are on the updated according to market trends and within cost parameters
- Formulate Standard Operating Procedures for the Training Department
- Ensure Training Calendars and individual training schedules are created within pre-defined timelines
- Establish innovative systems and procedures for handling data, reports and continuously improvise on them to reduce paperwork
- To have clear understanding of the functioning and hierarchy of each department
- Ensure adherence to norms specified by COPC certification and ISO 27001 specifications
- Measure performance of the team for e.g. performance appraisals, confirmation and ongoing feedback and training
- Build effective vertical and horizontal communication channels
- Provide efficient leadership to the team
- To be a role-model for the Team in terms of performance/ behavior/ attitude
- Formulate long term plans for the development and motivation of the team
- Nominate sub-ordinates for suitable training programs sponsored by the organization to enhance their capabilities and skill level.
- Offer cordial work environment and cohesive work relationship to the reportees to facilitate performance.
- Coach and mentor sub-ordinates by involving them in decision making process.
- Understand specific Client requirements for each Operation
- Fulfill client needs in terms of Process training consistently
EDUCATION: Graduate from a reputed Institute or University in any discipline (MBBS,BHMS, BAMS, BPT, B.Sc, B,pharm. Nursing,etc); Certificate Course in the areas of NLP,CPC, CCS, CCS-P, CMRS, CPC-H, CMBS,etc, Train the Trainer or Psychology would be preferred
- Respond and resolve issues arising out of interactions with Operations /Clients.
- Conduct timely meetings to ensure open communication and devise an action plan to address issues/ concerns raised.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 3-4 years of total prior work experience with exposure in delivery of training programs; Minimum 2 years with the Training function of a voice-based BPO industry is preferred. Exposure to BPO operations, its constraints & requirements would be advantageous. Stability in previous jobs; Must have preference/aptitude for a career in customer service environment; Must have demonstrated team handling skills in the past, Exposure to systems, policies and practices of the Training and Development function with previous organizations would be a plus.
KNOWLEDGE Familiar with Operating Systems (Windows 98/95/2000/NT), Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) & PeopleSoft
SKILLS Good command over the English language, Excellent communication skills both oral and written, Conversant with training and learning methodologies and best practices, Expertise in building customer and client relationships, Capable of developing modules based on requirements, Ability to handle both one to one and one to many coaching, Capable of developing modules based on requirements, Ability to take on multi-task work independently, Commitment to quality and ability to manage performance and change, Comprehension, Composition and Problem solving skills
Commitment to quality, Outstanding inter-personal skills, Flexible, Open minded, Creative, Approachable, Mature, Self motivated, Accessible, Decision Making, Enthusiastic, High on Integrity, Receptive to feedback, Unbiased, Ability to put forth ideas, Good Listener, Cooperative, Provide positive feedback, Analytical skills
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...