VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization’s transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. With annual 2010 revenues of $2.9 billion, more than 250,000 customers and 25,000 partners, VMware helps organizations of all sizes lower costs, preserve freedom of choice and energize business through IT while saving energy—financial, human and the Earth’s. Our award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 9,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
The EMEA Sales Ops team is looking for detail oriented and analytical driven individuals. The Analyst will be responsible for supporting our Field /Channel operations spread across EMEA
This role will expand to strategic working with Channel and Sales Operations team across EMEA.
The position requires interaction with UK, Ireland and India based teams so the Business Analyst must be a self-starter with strong leadership and analytical skills that is comfortable working with distributed teams without direct management oversight.
Required Skills & Experience
- Provide overall Business Intelligence & Reporting support to the EMEA Field Organization
- Collaborate with the Sales Operations organization to define KPIs & automate reporting for the Field across EMEA
- Create ad-hoc Excel-based SQL reports for the EMEA Field Organization
- Create OBIEE reports & dashboards for the EMEA Field organization
- Perform data analysis to determine root cause of data issues
- Engage in project activity for implementing new BI business capabilities
- 3-6 years of experience in a Reporting/MIS field.
- Strong knowledge MS Excel– VBA is a must (minimum 2+ years of experience is a must)
- Strong knowledge of SQL for creating reports is required(minimum 2+ years of experience is a must)
- Ability to create crisp reports and dashboards
- Good Knowledge of SQL and OBIEE (minimum 2+ years of experience is a must)
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS and/or SalesForce.Com is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Business analytical experience within a highly dynamic corporate environment with IT, Sales, Finance & Operations organizations
- Strong attention to detail, excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience in working with Global teams is a must
- Attention to detail and strong personal organizational skills and able to work in fast, paced, high volume environment
- Understanding of Channel & Marketing programs
- Strong understanding of partner, marketing and sales cycles
- Excellent communication skills and detail orientation are imperatives
- Ability to communicate complex ideas verbally and through documentation
- Experience working in an onshore – offshore model with teams from different time zones and cultures
- Ability to work independently
- Familiar with ODBC environment
- 2 yr+ experience in creating Excel reports and Dashboards merging data for diverse data sources
- 5+ yr experience in SQL or VBA macros would be an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and/ or other data displaying applications would be a plus
VMware - 2 years ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...