VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization’s transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. With annual 2010 revenues of $2.9 billion, more than 250,000 customers and 25,000 partners, VMware helps organizations of all sizes lower costs, preserve freedom of choice and energize business through IT while saving energy—financial, human and the Earth’s. Our award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 9,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
Role and Responsibilities
First Line Support for Compensation related Sales generated queries in VMStar
- The EMEA Field organization has up to 100 individuals in the direct and indirect Sales teams that carry a portion of their salary as an MBO (Measurable Bonus). This MBO may have up to 4 measurable elements
- These are mostly paid on a Quarterly basis
- VMware EMEA Sales Operations is looking for a candidate to ensure that the MBOs are all set , working with the various Operations Managers to ensure they are appropriate and adhering to the measure expected
- Throughout the Quarter they may be reporting on the forecast outcome of those goals. This report will be motivational for those on the MBO as well as allowing as accurate as possible an accrual; to happen for the Commissions team i.e. we can forecast how much money we should set aside for MBO payments
- Report on actual attainment against MBOs and submit final attainment to Commissions
Half Year Quota setting
- EMEA Sales Ops intends to implement a Help Desk style team to support queries generated from our internal Sales force. As a result we expect to see a large number of cases related to Compensation and we need an individual to field those queries, answering where possible and escalating where necessary
- Must be able to contribute to Root Cause Analysis and build process or “answers” repositories to ensure a continuing percentage of questions are answered accurately on first contact
Compensation design Modeling
- Quotas setting for approximately 700 plans are done on a half yearly basis and this individual will be required to support the gamut of activities including data entry and verification associated with this task
- As above, plans are set every 6 months and as a result, Sales Ops re-evaluate Compensation Plan effectiveness at the same frequency to ensure that business is being driven in the direction we expect with one of the major levers we have – compensation
- This role will help in some of the modeling around proposed changes to the Comp Plans e.g. If we focus ISRs on >$20k deals, how many would have achieved target? What would the impact to be to individual quotas etc.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Sales Operations with sound knowledge of the Sales cycle
- The ideal candidate should demonstrate experience/knowledge in CRM and PRM applications namely Oracle, Siebel, SFDC etc.
- Preferred experience in commissions and compensation Analysis
- Strong MS – office skills
- Ability to learn systems quickly with little or no guidance
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, organizational abilities, and proven attention to detail
- Passion for competition and the ability to maintain personable working relationships with all internal and external customers
- Ability to initiate process improvement plans and drive for change
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-departmental teams
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility
- A self-starter, able to manage multiple tasks at once and the ability to work with minimal direction
- Must be highly motivated and flexible in order to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to working in shifts and extended working hours per business requirements
- Bachelors degree is a must
VMware - 2 years ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...