JOB DESCRIPTIONS : Client Director
To drive deep engagement with key account in Asia Pacific region with intact team in Sales, Services and Support. Provide high-touch management at CXO level to capitalize on key opportunities and partner in developing business solutions. Plays a critical role in long-term expansion of the Asia Pacific market. Responsible for building, growing and developing top talent leadership team to drive revenue growth and customer loyalty.
You will be setting the strategic account direction that anticipates the needs of customers and consumer trends. You will also influence customers with thought leadership regarding the strategic drivers of their business and assess technology innovations and product improvements.
experiences and views of Cisco products/services, etc...
- Understands and can discuss the customer’s overall business strategy, industry fundamentals and business drivers
- Up-to-date on broad trends in the customer’s industry
- Knows Cisco offerings and how they relate to customer’s technology needs
- Up-to-date on business/ political/economic developments
- Asks probing questions to better understand the customer, e.g. their long-term goals, their consumers/end users’ needs, their
Takes into account the financial impact of decisions on Cisco, partners and customers and able to quantify and communicate value of these relationships. Shows patience and understanding for the political realities of customer’s organization as well as what is necessary to navigate within both Cisco and the customer for success. Represents the “Cisco” brand to customer.
- Speaks in terms the customer can understand when describing products and technology
- Knows who makes buying decisions in customer’s organization
- Familiar with strengths/weaknesses of competitive offerings
- Assists in setting customer account strategy, with guidance of manager
- Participates in customer technology planning or functional meetings
Leverages both formal and informal power structures to drive positive change for Cisco and the customer. Develops consulting/coaching relationships beyond traditional “vendor” relationships with customer; become a trusted advisor to the client who is sought out for advice. Partners with customer’s own executive team on broad business initiatives that create value for both Cisco and our customer. Starts with a deep understanding of the customers business needs, helps define the risk/reward profile, collaborates on the architecture/design of the solution and implementation.
- Quantifies Cisco value proposition in terms of increased revenue, cost savings, etc.
- Has a basic understanding of financial accounting and how it influences transactions
- Can read and analyze a P&L, balance sheet and annual report.
- Has a basic understanding of the structure, key functions and day-to-day operations in the customer’s organization
- Keeps up-to-date on business trends, e.g. reads business/trade publications
- Asks questions to understand customer’s local markets
- Projects a confident presence to external groups
- Demonstrates integrity in dealings with others; presents information accurately
- Avoids getting ensnared by company politics within Cisco or at the customer
- Asks for manager’s help in identifying potential hidden problems
- Is an effective spokesperson for Cisco in local and trade organizations
Mobilizes resources across Cisco to provide the best solution to customers. Uses mature judgment in knowing when to leverage Cisco executives. Shows flexibility and patience to support a longer sales cycle.
- Communicates with technology leaders about service delivery and products.
- Comfortable speaking to CTO and other C-level executives in groups or one-on-one.
- Builds trust by being open about alternatives, risks and costs
- Follows up with customer on how they are using solutions Cisco has provided
- Leverages technical knowledge and persuasive skills to help drive decisions
- Communicates with technology leaders about their long-term needs
- Builds relationships beyond technology, e.g., with functional leaders who depend on or have input to technology solutions.
- Provides information the customer might not otherwise be able to gather, e.g. trend data
Demonstrates a collaborative approach : Communicates a clear vision and strategy for the account that energizes and empowers the team to execute within a common framework. Builds a strong (virtual) team of Cisco resources by creating and communicating clear roles and responsibilities for the team. Develops disciplined processes and communications methods for the team ensuring high standards are set for customer responsiveness within and across international boundaries. Sensitive and respectful of different cultures, values and ways of doing things, adapts own style appropriately.
- Accurately forecasts resource needs.
- Draws on global network to obtain the best available resources to provide solutions to the customer
- Develops a persuasive business case to justify the need for resources
- Copes with the ambiguity and stress inherent in a long sales cycle
- Keep sales team engaged and committed throughout the long sales cycle, leveraging his/her understanding of what motivates each person
To qualify for the position, you should have the experience in managing similar operations, and having dealt with similar strategic business challenges, and a high level of comfort working with internal team and executive leadership. Your abilities as communicator and mentor, as well as your understanding of the constantly evolving marketplace are critical to your success in this position.
- Holds direct reports responsible for communicating strategy and motivating their teams
- Continually improves communications processes
- Communicates directly with all team members; makes self accessible to entire team
- Adapts own approach and style appropriately when working with people from different cultures
- Coaches direct reports on dealing with sensitive cultural issues
- A minimum of 15 years experience in sales leadership roles selling ITC solutions and services.
- Established strong CXO-level relationship with customers.
- Experience in management of all aspects of sales support processes, organizational structures, management practices, staff
- Deep knowledge of Service Provider landscape, market and economics
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with Theater and Country Sales and Marketing Leaders
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven record of selling, coaching and mentorship; commitment to sales force performance and ability to identify and cultivate future
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to develop and execute both strategic and tactical plans
- Experience in business planning, developing sales and marketing programs and execution of programs and strategy would be a major
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to effectively interact across functional team and business
and informal situations.
- Proven people management capability and leadership skills.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability/affinity for communicating with customers/senior internal management in both formal
sales team in Asia.
- Strong people management skills and the ability to effectively interact across functional teams in various business units and regional
- A high degree of creative ability, analytical and business skills and independent judgment are continually employed.
- Fluency in English is required.
Cisco Systems - 2 years ago
Cisco Systems, Inc. is an American-based multinational corporation that designs and sells consumer electronics, networking, voice, and commu...