POSITION DESCRIPTION: Briefly state the primary duties and responsibilities of this position.
Joining our team means you will have the opportunity to implement and use advanced Oracle features such as multi master replication and streaming. Working with large Tier 1 customers you will be challenged by the scale and scope of their deployments. You will build on your solid DBA experience with various RDBMS and LDAP systems and contribute to our success by:
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE- Specify details of the kind of person you are looking for this job
- Using your strong DBA experience (Oracle 10g/11g) to resolve customer database issues to meet or exceed SLA timeframes
- Analyzing and improving database performance for key processes (e.g. billing system feeds) that execute 1000s of transactions per second
- Engaging Oracle support as required to resolve complex issues
- Recommending and implementing database functional and version updates to our product set within our release management processes
- Mentoring internal development and support groups on database best practices through one-on-one interactions and general information updates
- Consistently demonstrating to our customers our willingness to go the extra mile to respond rapidly to their database issues and provide assistance and problem resolution.
- Working with our development team on new technology implementation and improving database performance.
- Identifying and resolving complex Oracle problems in large geo-redundant environments.
- We operate in the following environment: UNIX (Sun Solaris and Linux); Oracle replication (advanced replication, streams and snapshot); 7 x 24 support, as needed
Reporting to the Technical Assistance Center Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the deployment of the various database components of our products - from installation to configuration to integration and support as part of a delivery team dedicated to our global customer base.
Jobsindia.com - 2 years ago