This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. Some of the key job functions of the Support Engineer are:
- Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Perl, and Java web technologies.
- Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
- Work with application team for handing-off or taking over known issues as well as create a team specific knowledge base and skill set.
- Drive resolution of open business issues.
- Provide support of our incoming tickets, including extensive debugging tasks, researching performance and usability based solutions.
A candidate must possess atleast a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent and have at least 1 year working experience in the related field.
Overall 1-3 years of experience
Working knowledge of any RDBMS like SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle. Expertise in writing SQL queries a must
Proficiency of scripting in Perl/Ruby
Experience working on Unix/Linux. A certification like RHEL is a plus
Flexibility to work in Shifts is a must
Strong knowledge of data modeling.
Excellent communication skills to correspond with clients or business analysts while gathering technical system specifications, translate the same into functional code.
Developing a timeline for all projects.
Keeping up-to-date with web and desktop applications; and performing other related duties as assigned.
Able to support and troubleshoot application related issues.
Familiarity with windows OS functionality, usage, file systems and structures, organization, e-mail, researching and internet use among others
Experience of managing small development teams of at least 2-3 members is a plus.
Amazon.com - 2 years ago