About the Role and Responsibilities
Position: Prinicpal Engineer
McAfee is seeking talented software engineers with a passion to engineer and deliver high quality products to join our Security Management Platform team. Our group develops the industry leading platform to manage security solutions that protects millions of systems, users, and all the infrastructure and data of small and large enterprises around the world. Our security management framework provides a true open-architecture platform that is modular and scalable, enabling management of security solutions from McAfee as well as our partner companies. The centralized management console and a single agent enable organizations to have an agile approach in securing their business as new security solutions developed for evolving and emerging threats can be rapidly integrated with the McAfee management platform.
To learn more visit: http://www.mcafee.com/us/products/security-management
Our group is expanding, as we work on developing the next generation products for managing security and solutions that protect the entire infrastructure - from endpoints to the network, as well as mobile and embedded devices. Our group fosters a mutually supportive growth environment where we work as a team and make time to educate ourselves and each other. We’re growing and currently have multiple open positions open in our teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Java Web Application software engineer, you’ll be:
- Define, design, implement and deliver on ePO/MFS on the security management platform
- Working with products teams to drive successful integrations with ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO), McAfee’s best in class enterprise security management platform
- Ability to research and stay up to date on various cutting edge technologies and be able to choose appropriate technologies by creating prototypes
- Excellent communication skills, ability to make and influence decisions, and drive open discussions to a closure
- Must excel in both individual and group settings
- Propose, design and implement next generation user interface based on specifications and customer requirements.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and assigning development projects.
- Analyze customer requirements, propose and design product features.
- Performs any other related work as assigned.
- BS in Computer Science or similar field
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in developing and delivering software using Agile models
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company and McAfee India Center (MIC) is the largest R&D center worldwide. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse, and shop the web more securely. Backed by its unrivaled global threat intelligence, McAfee creates innovative products that empower home users, businesses, the public sector, and service providers by enabling them to prove compliance with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. McAfee is relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe as in our world “Safe Never Sleeps”
- 7+ years of work experience in Product Development in a large enterprise preferably a product company. This includes demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- Experience using networking protocols, including HTTP
- Proficiency with XML, W3C, DOM and AJAX
- Exposure to SQL or any other relational DB is a plus
- Experience using Tomcat, Ant or Spring Framework is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, such as SCRUM or Extreme Programming
- Proven track record of delivering high quality, scalable software with a cohesive user experience
- Should have strong architectural, design, programming, debugging experience, and excellent problem solving skills.
- Have expertise in development processes such as unit testing, static analysis, secure coding, continuous integration, and SDK development
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-group to drive identification and resolution of issues to ship under tight deadlines along with being able to drive features into the product
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment with minimal or no management
- Candidate must have a strong desire to continually grow in the technical stream
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: Software Development
Primary Location: MIC-India MIC-Karnataka MIC-Bangalore BEC MIC
Position Number: 880517
McAfee - 19 months ago
McAfee puts a virtual padlock on IT resources. The company sells network security products that protect computers, networks, and mobile...