Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with 2010 sales of $13.7 billion. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2011, Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 70,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton’s India Information Technology Center (EITC) offers a wide variety of value added IT services to internal Eaton businesses and functional departments by combining different perspectives to create better solutions. EITC gives the right opportunities to expand individual careers in a challenging environment of more than 2000 Intel servers providing application and infrastructure support; 150+ UNIX servers supporting ERP applications like Oracle and Mfg/Pro; combined with 35,000 internal and 45,000 external consumers of customer facing applications.
The primary function for this include:
The candidate will be member of the Oracle BI for Applications(OBIA) implementation projects from EBI team in EITC. This position will be dedicated to standalone ETL development plus ETL development in and around Oracle BI applications. This person:
2. Demonstrated expertise in the BI application lifecycle including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, scheduling, documentation, and production management.
- Participates at a task level. Communicates with customers and suppliers, articulated in terms they understand.
- Acts as part of a team; contributes actively to understanding and analyzing customer’s business process. Completes team's tasks. Can document basic processes.
- Identifies multiple alternatives to resolve business needs. Capable in multiple IT disciplines and can choose most appropriate techniques for the needed solution. Considers impact of solution initiation or change; can link to communication plans. Coordinates testing and implementation activities.
- Identifies multiple alternatives for each business need, including 3rd party solutions in addition to internal ones. Documents risk, impact, and benefits for business team. Makes recommendation for best solution. Coordinates delivery activities across multiple disciplines for priority / scheduling needs.
- Resolves incidents and fulfills requests using incident and request management processes under general guidance. Escalates via workflow as needed.
- Monitors production executions in order to identify or recognize production issues. Provides data for EBS measures. Monitors performance trends.
- Is able to troubleshoot production problems and identify and implement the proper fix. Reports trends / suggests long term improvements. Provides functional transparency in customer support. Appropriately documents cause and solution to enable knowledge transfer.
- Is proactive about identifying problems. Drives continuous improvements. Looks for root cause and permanently resolves problems. Detects patterns in symptoms and identifies long-term, permanent resolutions. Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements) 1. Has 3 - 5 years in IT with experience in business intelligence including relational data modeling, ETL processes
3. Must have hands on experience on Informatica and Troubleshooting experience on Informatica 8 and above.
4. Must have hands-on experience on SDLC.
5. Must have working experience on SQL/ PL-SQL, performance tuning
6. Must have knowledge of UNIX / LINUX, Shell scripting.
7. Expertise on data analysis, problem solving skills good analytical skills required.
8. Desired to have experience in OBAW data model
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
10. Ability to solve problems independently, quickly, and completely, and to communicate clearly to management and peers
11. Ability to concisely organize and present written technical data
12. Works well within a team
13. The candidate should have worked in an onshore-offsite model
14. Good understanding of change management and ITIL will be an added advantage
15. Informatica certification is preferred. Relocation benefit provided? Yes-From within hiring country/region only Region Asia Pacific Country India City Pune
Eaton - 11 months ago
Eaton is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical,...