To provide high quality customer service and 1 st line support for Data and Voice faults on the Cable & Wireless (C&W) Local Loop Unbundled (LLU) platform.
Undertake detailed technical fault diagnosis and resolution to meet company service level agreements on business and residential DSL and Voice services.
Take ownership of incidents and drive resolution through other C&W agencies and suppliers.
1. Respond to faults raised via the C&W Wholesale Access Delivery portal. Resolve all faults within target times to ensure that department service levels and key performance indicators are achieved.
2. To complete detailed fault diagnostics on C&W exchange and network equipment utilising appropriate technical diagnostic tools.
3. To complete detailed fault diagnostics on the last mile' of the network utilising external remote diagnostic tools
4. To understand how end user customers would set-up and configure equipment.
5. To joint test with exchange based field engineers (incl 3 rd party Ericsson & BT Openreach) to ensure correct path to resolution.
6. To ensure that outstanding problems are escalated according to jeopardy management procedures and to continue to monitor and own outstanding problems ensuring that resolution is achieved in the shortest possible time.
7. Provide support to managers, team members and other colleagues to ensure departmental best practice is adhered to.
8. To ensure that customers perceptions are managed effectively.
- Three years experience in a faults environment.
- Candidates must have a deep knowledge of DSL technologies and products
- Candidates must have a sound understanding of the BT Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) - Exchange out to customer premises.
- Have an understanding of BT departments and procedures.
- Must be aware of the relationship between Voice and DSL technologies.
- Candidates must have exposure to telephone exchange equipment both testing and managing.
- Have a working knowledge of customer premise equipment (NTE's, modems, routers, cabling) and its configuration.
- Candidates must be an excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Candidates must have the ability to troubleshoot and manage faults on a LLU network and then choose quickest path to resolution.
- To be able to interpret test results on different service provider platforms.
- Have good experience in remotely managing exchange equipment such as DSLAM's and MSAN's.
- Have good experience in testing copper lines on multiple networks.
- To be able to effectively question and manage third party engineers.
- To be able to manage time and workload effectively
Background, Qualifications and Experience:
§ Educated to a degree level - in technology or engineering
§ CCNA desirable
Working Relationships & Interfaces
§ Customer Front Office Teams
§ Account & Service management.
§ Product management.
§ Solutions Implementation Teams.
§ International NOC's.
Personal Style and Motivation:
§ Customer focus & business impact awareness·
§ Excellent Customer communication and knowledge·
§ Logical problem solving approach·
§ Drive, commitment & personal motivation·
§ Active questioning & listening·
§ Team player·
§ Good communicator at all levels·
§ Planning, prioritisation & organisation·
§ Ability to work under pressure·
§ Business awareness·
§ Flexibility, resourcefulness·
§ Negotiation skills·
Cable & Wireless Plc
- 12 months ago