Responsible for providing guests with the highest standards of food and beverage service. In doing so it is expected that all efforts be directed towards guest satisfaction, and the achievement/maintenance of service standards; whilst maintaining company standards of operation, sanitation, accident prevention and, associate attitude and team work.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs all the service related tasks in the department and complies with and exceeds standard operating procedures.
2. Ensures strict adherence to the departmental guidelines and controls.
3. Assists to maintain company sanitation standards in the department.
4. Ensure guest satisfaction through personalized, efficient service. Is responsible that all customers leave satisfied.
5. Adhere to the accident prevention program.
6. Maintain facilities and equipment in perfect condition and follow procedures to keep breakages and losses to an absolute minimum.
7. Ensure that the Restaurant is maintained in neat and hygienic conditions at all times including all “Heart of the House” areas.
8. Be aware of events, food festivals, functions and operations in the food & beverage department.
9. Recognize all guests and extend a warm welcome and a fond farewell.
10.Ensures that personal grooming, hygiene, and appearance are in line with the department’s standards.
11. Reporting to work on time (as scheduled) in proper uniform.
12.Attend daily briefings and pro-actively listen and participate as required.
13.Set –up assigned station correctly and uniformly, using: clean pressed linen, clean unspotted silverware, clean china without chips or cracks; clean unspotted glassware. Table complements, ashtrays, flowers, lamps, should be clean and in adequate quantity.
14.Be able to handle station assigned to you. Work in an organized manner, such as to reduce absence from your station.
15. Be knowledgeable of all menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods. Be prepared to answer any guest questions about the menu in a direct, concise way.
16.Be aware of Daily specials, soups, drinks and any promotion/ festivals on at the restaurant and in the F & B Division.
17. Be able to operate Micros. Follow policies for voids/billing.