To maintain the highest standards in cleanliness, hygiene, and comfort towards total guest satisfaction by providing service, which is the best in class, and maximizes organizational profitability through effective utilization of all resources.
- Assist the Deputy Housekeeper in creating a work environment that is high in employee morale and provides constant learning & development • Develop systems and procedures that achieve higher cost efficiency and guest satisfaction.
- Assist in developing staff through training, coaching and development.
- Supervise and direct the daily activities of staff so as to enable the efficient and smooth operation of the department.
- Implement laid down service standards regarding cleanliness, amenities and maintenance in rooms and public areas and ensure adherence to these.
- Efficiently use and manage the inventory of supplies, linen and equipment
- Assist in monitoring and controlling consumption of guest and cleaning supplies, devise methods for optimal usage of cleaning supplies
- Ensure thorough and regular monitoring of guest feedback and deliver prompt, efficient and accurate service to all guests.
- Plan and implement preventive maintenance and cleaning schedules for rooms and public areas.
- Assist the Deputy housekeeper in monitoring staff productivity.
- Ensure that all the operational standard procedures/guidelines set for all processes/activities/situations are followed (Key Control, Lost & Found etc).
- Co-ordinate with the Front Office on releasing of rooms and special guest requests.
- Co-ordinate with the Engineering department in the area of repair & maintenance, refurbishment, renovation etc.
Knowledge & Skill:
- Hotel Management graduates with experience in hotels
- Graduates in any stream with relevant experience in Housekeeping.
- Thorough knowledge of modern housekeeping techniques and the latest in cleaning technology, hygiene & safety standards.
- Knowledge of various chemicals and cleaning equipments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- At least 1- 2 years of experience in the similar position.
Job Function :
Maintenance / cleaning of guest room. To work on a rotation basis within Housekeeping ensuring high standards of cleanliness delivered in a time efficient manner.
Duties & Responsibility:
1. Prepare housekeeping forms necessary in the performance of his duties and responsibilities.
2. Removes all room service trays and service from the guest room and to bring them to the service area / pantry for collection by room service waiter.
3. Cleans and makes arrangements of guest room and both rooms in accordance with the standards and instructions laid down.
4. Checks and controls damage linen for return to the linen room.
5. Controls proper usage of cleaning equipment, chemicals and materials.
6. Check electrical usage in the guest’s room and controls the replacement of burned out bulbs but not those built in diffusers.
7. Hands over to the supervisor of all articles and guest's property found inside guest room after check out.
8. Keeps orderly manner of disposals of equipments, cleaning materials and linen cupboards on each floor.
9. Reports to the supervisor any defects in regard to décor equipments, fixtures and fittings found in his area of responsibility.
10. Makes empty and wash ashtray, but never throw cigarette butts into the toilets bowl. Used soap as well should not be thrown into toilet bowls.
11. Makes up and turn down beds according to the standard set.
12. Shines shoes of hotel guests as per request.
13. Cleans glass windows of guest rooms whenever necessary when window cleaners are not around.
14. Maintains corridors and hallways.
15. Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the Executive Housekeeper.
16. Takes special care in handling keys.
17. Takes every day good care of own cleanliness.
18. To collect the floor master key and room assignment report from the Housekeeping Office
19. To collect soiled linen and sort into colour coded bags or send to the sorting area for the laundry.
20. To ensure that the lobby guest elevators, ashtrays, public areas, function rooms etc. are cleaned according to established standards and cleaning schedules.
21. To clean and inspect all facilities, furniture and fixtures, and report any damage to the Supervisor for action and follow-up.
22. To sweep, mop and polish floors
23. To clean all public toilets
24. To collect and dispose of rubbish from all public areas.
25. To clean and vacuum staircases, carpets and railing (if applicable).
26. To remove stains from carpets and floors as necessary
27. To clean and store all cleaning equipment.
To issue the hotel linen and uniforms, and keep and maintain the appropriate records of the movement on a daily basis.
- 11 months ago