What's your passion? Whether you're into rock climbing, singing or dancing, at IHG we're interested in YOU. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great hotels guests love.
At the moment we're looking for a Reservations Associate to join our Crowne Plaza Preopening team at Kochi, Kerala (India). Crowne Plaza Kochi hotel will offer 269 spacious business rooms and suites with panoramic views of the backwaters, and of the City. It will offer variety of authentic culinary choices, extensive spa and leisure facilities. Hi-tech meeting spaces for up to 900, both indoors as well as outdoor-with a tranquil waterfront setting will make Crowne Plaza Kochi the preferred International brand for Business, Leisure and Events.
You'll be an integral member of the hotels management team, providing expertise and direction of all aspects of the Sales and Marketing activities in line with the overall business strategy. You'll report directly to the Reservation Manager. You will be responsible to record and process all reservation inquiries made by phone, fax or email efficiently and accurately and converted to sales where possible to meet hotel targets.
The Key Responsibilities are
- Sell the InterContinental Hotels Group products and services using up-selling and suggestive selling techniques
- Promote the Hotel's (and ICHG generally) products and services
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about all ICHG Hotels in your region
- Develop and maintain a regular pattern of sales calls
- Prepare and execute action plans which increase reservation sales and associated business
- Record and process reservations made by phone/fax/email
- Accept wait list reservations
- Process amendments to reservations such as extensions, early departures, etc
- Manage "no show" reservations by investigation and recording of same
- Record special billing arrangements for groups and conventions
- Liaise with Front Office Manager or Finance Manager for all reservations requiring credit approval
- Maintain knowledge of special rates/ offers/ promotions
- Monitor reservation levels and inform Managers of current and future occupancy rates
- Prepare reports as requested (eg to travel agents, business houses etc)
- Prepare reservation sales reports
You'll be diligent and adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
Ideally, you'll have 1 year related experience or 6 months experience in reservations/front office or an equivalent combination of education and experience. High School or Vocational Certificate in Hotel Management, Business Administration, or related field. Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company. Problem solving and organizational abilities. Proficient in the use of computer. Able to read and write English. Knowledge of local language and culture is preferred. Pre-opening experience will be an advantage.
In return, we'll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, associated benefits and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG.
You'll have the chance to work with a great team of people, and most importantly, we'll give you
Room to be yourself
So what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please look at
InterContinental Hotels Group
- 10 months ago