What's your passion? Whether you're into rock climbing, singing or dancing, at IHG we're interested in YOU. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great hotels guests love.
At the moment we're looking for an Hygiene Manager to join our Crowne Plaza Preopening team at Kochi, Kerala (India). Crowne Plaza Kochi hotel will offer 269 spacious business rooms and suites with panoramic views of the backwaters, and of the City. It will offer variety of authentic culinary choices, extensive spa and leisure facilities. Hi-tech meeting spaces for up to 900, both indoors as well as outdoor-with a tranquil waterfront setting will make Crowne Plaza Kochi the preferred International brand for Business, Leisure and Events.
You'll be an integral member of the hotel's management team, providing expertise and direction for all aspects of the Food & Beverage activities in line with the overall business strategy. You'll report directly to Director F&B. This role is to inspect and supervise workplaces to ensure that workers and the public are protected from dangerous or unsafe conditions. To inspect work spaces and machinery to verify that it is safe, and study the effects that businesses have on the surrounding environment.
The Key Responsibilities are
- Implementation of FSMS
- To be fully familiar with local Food Hygiene and FSMS guidelines
- Maintains records of Food Safety and Hygiene related forms, checks and Audits.
- Conduct hygiene audit of all kitchen associates and provide feedback
- Conduct regular spot checks on food items received for temperature abuse.
- Knowledgeable to decision and problem solving skills
- Inspect food holding and transport equipment.
- Checking that all food items for storage are covered, dated, labeled
- Checking the rotation of foods - Ensuring FIFO
- Conducts daily kitchen inspections on the personal, environmental and food hygiene conditions and provides a corrective action plan and keeps records on the findings.
- Checks daily cleaning status in kitchens with respective kitchen managers and stewarding
- Ensures the temperature of refrigerators and freezers are up to the standard.
- Coordinates microbial food tests with kitchens and laboratory in case of new products/suppliers and suspected food borne illness complaints.
- Conducts vendor inspection with the Purchasing and Executive Chef
- Liaises with Pest Control Company and HK for any pest issues in the operations, and reviews the pest control performance.
- Maintains and makes improvements to hygiene standards.
- Maintains documentation on all hygiene and food safety standards throughout the operation
- Works closely with the Training Manager and conducts Food Handlers Training sessions to all food handlers.
- Regularly review and refresh the food safety standards of all food handlers within the hotel premises.
You'll be diligent and adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
Ideally, you'll have 4 years related experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health or any related field. Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company. Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency. Problem solving and training abilities. Knowledge of local language and culture is preferred. Pre-opening experience will be an advantage.
In return, we'll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, associated benefits and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG.
You'll have the chance to work with a great team of people, and most importantly, we'll give you
Room to be yourself
So what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please look at
Food & Beverage Management
InterContinental Hotels Group
- 11 months ago