MAIN DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE: The CRDA team in Pune is seeking to recruit an Analyst to join the growing team. The role involves
DIVISIONAL OVERVIEW : The Chief Risk Office (CRO) mission is to protect the Bank’s capital by establishing a strong control environment for the relevant risks. To this end, the division uses four primary functions to manage all relevant issues: Strategic Risk Management, Credit Risk Management, Risk Analytics and Reporting (RAR), and Bank Operational Risk Oversight. The division also addresses critical risk areas such as business continuity and reputational risk management.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of credit risk data in the Global Credit Risk system of the Investment bank including: trade information, positions, collateral and potential exposure calculations through variety of feeds from front/back office divisions. Develop feed specifications for new products scoped to be included in credit risk system
- Design solutions to feed the exposure/trades/position data into Credit Risk System from other data sources.
- Document the functional specification and ensure that all feed changes are documented.
- Liase with respective IT team to get the change implemented and tested.
- Liase with CRM and Methodology to get the project requirements.
- Ensure timely resolution of issues raised by credit officers related to product flows / trade bookings & exposure calculations.
DEPARTMENTAL OVERVIEW: RAR is globally led by Jason Forrester and reports to the Chief Risk Officer. The RAR function is located across all major locations and is responsible for all market and credit risk information management, implementation of risk systems, credit risk measurement and credit risk reporting, independent risk model valuation, regulatory coordination, and risk policies.
The Credit Risk Data Analytics team (CRDA) is part of RAR with a current staff strength of 19 (5 in Singapore and 14 in Pune). The primary responsibilities of the CRDA team include 1) Collation and validation of risk data within Insight, 2) Ensure completeness of data from source systems, and 3) Data enrichment. The CRDA team will conduct the analysis of the requirements as initiated by the stakeholder and liaise with CRO IT for the corresponding delivery item.
WORK EXPERIENCE/BACKGROUND: Essential
2+ years of work experience in a financial institution with good product knowledge and good understanding of Risk management tools and techniques.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Essential
Graduate or Post-Graduate in Finance/Statistics/Economics/Sciences/Mathematics
Completed or currently taking the CFA or FRM qualifications would be desirable.
TECHNICAL/BUSINESS SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE: Essential
Strong Analytical skills to identify the scope and parameters of projects or issues and ability to provide appropriate solutions. Sound understanding of a trading environment with good knowledge of financial products. Ability to manipulate large volumes of data using spread sheet and Database Query tools (MS Excel and Access).
Strong VBA, Informatica and SQL knowledge would be desirable.
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES (e.g. shifts, travel overseas, hours): This team does not operate on shifts but the candidate is expected to understand the significance of timelines and work for extended hours if required.