World Food Programme Employee Reviews

Empresa boa, com otima motivacao aos trabalhadores
Monitor de Campo (Former Employee) –  Zambezia, MocambiqueNovember 20, 2017
A empresa foi excelente, boa colaboracao com a sua equipe e valoriza os seus trabalhadores,
Pros
Fornecimento de combustivel
Cons
Nao fornece refeicao
Disappointing about workplace bullying
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Roma, LazioOctober 3, 2017
There are so many wonderful employees in this organization, and they are doing outstanding work. It is so disappointing that the workplace culture in the infrastructure office of the headquarters is toxic beyond belief. Some bullies make life difficult for everyone else. I would never ever want to work in that office again no matter how much I was paid. The African staff are wonderful and they deserve to be supported by better management.
Pros
Staff gym, staff cafeteria, coffee machines, library
Cons
Workplace culture
A place to learn
Logistic officer (Current Employee) –  Ethiopia, Addis ababaSeptember 5, 2017
It is multicaltural environment and good place to learn from others, wel defind roles and responsibilities, and several staff benifties. Good managment and better working environment.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Low pay
Multicultural work environment
Short breaks (Former Employee) –  MutareJuly 13, 2017
A typical day would entail ensuring that field teams have departed in time, then respond to correspondence, attend meetings with government or partners, compile reports or following up any updates from the field or patrners
Pros
Working with partners brought diversity and excitement to the work
Fun place to work
Admin and Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peshawar,PakistanJune 13, 2017
Always in a constant phase of emergency however the employees take it as normal work life.
Having iftari at office females leaving office late due to heavy work load and some make staff staying overnight in office and working all n8ght is not something that should surprise someone who works for WFP Peshawar office in order to make a difference in lives of those much needed.
Is fun to work with rrm team
PROGRAMME ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  MaiduguriApril 26, 2017
The normal working days are monday to saturday
I leaned alot in wfp
The composition of management in wfp is standard
The workplace is nice nad colleaques are vary friendly
Pros
Lunchen is been provided to the office
Cons
The mgt. / Undss organised heatlh facilities where staff go for their check up.
Business Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  MaiduguriApril 26, 2017
It was a privilege for me to be part of the United Nation in the small world of WFP, which gives me more experience about the Humanitarian Work and Meeting different people from different part of the world.
DIfferent
Budget and Programming Officer (Current Employee) –  Dakar, SenegalMarch 29, 2017
It is difficult to say. They are very limited opportunities. IT is more for people who would like to stay in the same position for a very long time. It all depends.
WFP provides an international work environment with inspiring mission
Information Knowledge Management Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rome ItalyFebruary 5, 2017
Every organization has its culture that is associated with pros and cons. Despite challenges, it is my privileged to work for WFP which fights to end world hunger.
Pros
Inspiring mission
Cons
Mobility
Programme Associate (Current Employee) –  NAJanuary 18, 2017
My typical data a work involves sitting down at my computer to do some data analysis, develop some questionnaires or follow-up with colleagues on data
Pros
Good working systems and softwares
Cons
Not enough staff resulting in huge workloads
Programme Assistant -World Food Programme (Local staff)
Programme Associate (Former Employee) –  Kasulu, TanzaniaNovember 3, 2016
• Coordinated movement of food from the sources to the refugee camps
• Organized storage, handling and distribution of food to the intended beneficiaries.
• Coordinated monitoring food distributions to other nutritional programmes
• Managed data base and performed reporting task for the refugee operation.
Pros
work flexibility, mission, on job training and transfers
Cons
limited work development and advancement
Exemple : Esprit d'equipe et surtout la communication entre personnel.
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Mongo - TchadOctober 21, 2016
C'est un sentiment qui grandissait dans ma
perception du contexte professionnel, mais aussi privé , m'a poussé à
remettre en cause ma quotidienneté et chercher des nouveaux défis, des grandes envergures
! Voila la raison de s'engager.
Pros
Restauration gratuite pour le personnel.
Cons
abus d'autorité.
world food programme is an organization you can work. I am really enjoying it.
Food Monitor Assistant (Current Employee) –  MekelleOctober 7, 2016
I mostly work at field and tried to support the needy people. I leaned working with people satisfies me and the most enjoyable part. I work with different stakeholders and create a good partnership with enable me to access and information that I need.
Pros
I like to work in any area
Cons
I tried to achieve the objective and strive to take more time at field and office: Short breaks, healthcare, etc.
i love my job
Logistics Assistant (Current Employee) –  NairobiApril 5, 2016
i work for 8 hours in a day,leant to appreacite people from different backgrounds,we have a management that cares for employee wellbeing,my co-workers are professionals,hardest part of job is when supplier payments are delayed for one reason or another and i have to find a way to convince them to supply without payment,most ejoyble part of job is analsying partner performance and awarding contracts
Pros
relaxed work envoriment
Cons
slow growth in career
Enjoyable
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  BanjulMarch 11, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company they take care of their clients. I would definitely work for them again and will definitely apply for any positions that open up. Security work.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
moving around
Very Productive
Logistic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ormoc City, P08October 1, 2015
World Food Programme (United Nations) is an emergency response team,they provide immediate food for the victims of the typhoon Yolanda. Working here gives me a sense of self-fulfillment, I have a great passion on helping people in need especially those who are really in need I say. Working here is a great honor, I was able to work in any types of people from different countries. I thought it was difficult to work with those people but when you understand their culture and their goal its just self warming. When we started talking bout the operation, I felt that I belong in this team.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours/No Holidays
Productive and educative
Senior Logistics Associate (Current Employee) –  Freetown, MAAugust 21, 2015
World Food Programme is the largest Logistics wing of the united Nations.
Working for World Food Programme has given me the opportunity to learn so much about Logistics.
It has the best Logistics operations in the world.
Pros
Enpwers staff
Cons
Short Contract depending on availabilty of funds given to this great Humanitarian Organisation.
Cohesive team playing
Ministry of Education Private Sector Initiative (Former Employee) –  NAIROBI, KENYAApril 22, 2015
Position as consultant/volunteer, self starter set my own work atmosphere. Great to work in such an esteemed organization set up just to help people.
Pros
Able to be independent contractor
Cons
Resources limited
A busy and engaging work environment with a real sense of worth in what you do.
Junior Individual Giving Strategy Consultant (Current Employee) –  RomeFebruary 10, 2015
My typical day usually involves developing refining and driving the internal business cases for investment in individual fundraising acquisition,
retention and growth:
Leveraging existing internal knowledge plus external individual giving case studies and surveys to support the business cases
Speaking with counterparts at other global humanitarian organisations to gather relevant information such as investment levels, return on investment, individual market experiences, and channel best practices.
I learned how to test and analyse digital engagement and fundraising tactics with current channels/resources
Evaluating the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns and digital engagement initiatives to improve future performance.
Propose tests of existing techniques and channels (email, text-to-give, social media, etc.) to grow the size and value of the individual donor base, and begin implementation of approved tests, if/when feasible.
Identifying new approaches for successfully upselling individuals (i.e. donors to become monthly donors) and run initial tests to identify best performing methods.
My co-workers were as a whole passionate and enthusiastic. I loved the broad range of skills and backgrounds that exist at the WFP.
The hardest part of my job was making decisions upon which donor cases to favour.
The most enjoyable for me was when I had the opportunity to deal face-to-face with people. Be they colleagues or recipients out in the field.
Pros
Transport, medical and meal allowance
Cons
Bureaucratic restrictions
combines field and office, plenty of field work experience
Field Monitor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zimbabwe, MasvingoDecember 18, 2014
A day at the registration of beneficiaries for a food distribution programme. Arrival at the Food Distribution Point by 7am to monitor registrations by Cooperating Partner. Community arrives in bits until 9 am. Caucus with community leadership to share objectives , modalities and beneficiary figures,and also buy -in the leadership. Verification of Village registers with village secretaries and village heads. Public meeting with community to explain objectives of the programme. Establish Help Desk- to receive,record and attend to complaints from community.Start of household ranking using indicators identified by each village, registration of beneficiaries. Share information on distribution dates with registered beneficiaries. Select food distribution Committee from the registered beneficiaries.

I learned that patience and being thorough in your work pays. Errors can be costly.

Above a field monitor there is a Programme assistant , but successful field monitors are those who can work with minimum supervision and are self starter.. The majority of the management is based at Country office.
- Co workers come from diverse backgrounds and this calls for the ability to appreciate other people, their culture and their backgrounds.

The hardest part of the job is when the World Food Programme has a limited number of people to assist, but for transparency the whole community has to attend the registration in order to select the most vulnerable. Communities feel misused but as WFP employee one has to explain what Community based targeting is and that it entails that members
  more... of the Community should rank each other based on their knowledge of who are the vulnerable.

WFP has been doing productive asset creation and the most enjoyable part site monitoring, seeing an asset completed and functional, for example an irrigation scheme, and finding women working , producing food and happy that their children have food.
Pros
Team building exercises
Cons
Workers are given all the tools of their trade and there are no compromises