Wipro Employee Reviews

Found 3,966 reviews matching the search
A good place with opportunities to work for different client Companies Role with balanced work/life culture
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka1 November 2016
A good place with opportunities to work for different client Companies roles with balanced work/life culture. It takes all the own efforts to get into a good project and required our interpersonal skill sets to take on a very challenging work. Good for people with Higher experience Level and not one of the best places for those freshers who needs initial challenging work environment
Pros
Decent culture, Job security, work life balance, On-site opportunities, work for different world's Leading clients
Cons
Difficult to get a very challenging work, average Salary, not a better place to start the fresher's career, good for people with higher experience level
Happy work environment with excellent team skills and coordination
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kochi Kerala25 November 2016
Inspiring company to be a part of.Great work ethics,strict adherence to deadlines and product quality while encouraging a well balanced life.

Provides a wide range of projects to work with and be a part of. Excellent opportunity to start the learning process in the IT industry.

Keen emphasis on skill set training and best practices on product quality adherence

Peer respect is valued highly and everyone has a wonderful bonding with each team member

I have learnt to be a team player and how to keep my work life balanced. I am always motivated to be around a high energy group and hardworking to give it my my best.
Pros
Beautiful work environment, result driven team work, hardworking and helpful peers, encouraging fresh talent
Cons
Comparative salary scale is less
A stable working environment
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chennai, India9 November 2016
This is the first company I was hired to after college, and has some excellent training programs, not just at the beginning but throughout your lifetime in the company.

The hardest part of the job would be the compensation, which are at best sub-par with industry standards and the advancement module is quite a slow process.

The best part of working with Wipro is it's ecological practices - from the buildings to the water conservation and recycling process, they are a very GREEN company through and through with partnership with Greenpeace.
Pros
Excellent training programs
Cons
Compensation, Advancement
Wipro is for beginners
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu22 August 2016
As a fresh graduate out of college, i got placed in Wipro Technologies. As a fresher i had to attend training and clear assessment before into getting into project. Initial working days would be like you have to attend more training's and complete more internal certifications.

The working environment is based on the managers. Few managers are very arrogant and less knowledgeable. Its really tough to cope up with those managers. Unfortunately I got to work with one such manager. That was more frustrating days.

With a good manager your working environment is good. They provide more onsite opportunities.
Pros
More onsite Opportunities
Cons
Less salary, Less job advancement opportunity
beautiful campus with good work culture
Student Trainee (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka23 August 2016
my experience in wipro was good. its a good company especially for a fresher. i got to learn a lot of things and the training provided by the company was suffice. company helped me to develop confidence and also stand up for adverse situations. my co-workers were helpful and friendly and we helped each other at the time of need.

the hardest part was time management and rotational shifts. every week shift changes and that seems to be a bit difficulty.salary is also less which seems to be difficult.

the most enjoyable part was my team, coordination and work friendly atmosphere . the campus is also wast and peaceful.
Pros
good working atmosphere
Cons
low salary
A place to learn and grow
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, India8 October 2016
Wipro provided a very good work/life balance due to its flexible work hours.
The comprehensive 3 months training program is very good for freshers.
Management and co-workers were helpful in case of any doubts and issues.
Most enjoyable part of the job was irrespective of the hierarchy I was able to interact with many people in the company.
Pros
Trainings, Work/Life balance
Cons
Health benefits, Higher management
Productive and fun workplace
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  chennai , India27 June 2016
I learned lot from my Wipro, It was fun to work , It was first stepping stone of my career where I learned manual and automation testing process. I had worked with routing and switching devices. I was involved in setting up a regression Lab, doing automation of the test cases in the protocol suites like Vlan , IP , Dhcp and much more.I performed manual testing as well on the new features and raised bugs where ever required. I learned a lot from Team members . They were informative and cooperative. I enjoyed being a key team player. I learned how to complete the task before deadline , how to prioritize work if many task has to completed within same time.I learned how to be a good team player and teamwork.
Pros
Employee friendly, flexible, a great place to work
Cons
No Cons
Medical health Insurance Claims Processor
Medical Insurance Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West Bengal20 November 2016
• Processed Medical Claims of clinics, hospitals and care homes along with verification and scrutiny of medical billing codes on health claims
• Actively involved in guidance of health insurance benefits for Business Group health plans to Medical Practitioners in USA
• Worked on continuous development at regular intervals and forming contingency plans to ensure more business by client
• Maintaining escalations on daily basis and sharing the same with client on weekly basis
Difficult to maintain work life balance
Architect (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka7 November 2016
Role doesn't depend on the designation or the expertise. Poor middle management. Not a great company to work for long term. Benefits to employee are okay.
Pros
Medical benefits are good, There is a interest free loan scheme which can come handy for the people who require them
Cons
Not great work culture, poor work life balance
Good for career growth and opportunuties, no great salaries
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka3 November 2016
Good for career growth and opportunuties, no great salaries. Few Management staff are utter useless as they take things personally. Boring HR policies on governance and attendence.
Pros
Trainings, flexibilty to switch between technologies, good learning curves
Cons
salary, management, attendance and givernance
Chaotic
Architect (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh28 August 2016
Projects are there
Benefits are there
But it is not a place for people who doesn't want to deal with Politics
There is no work life balance
Everyone works in chaotic state in general
If you are friends with management, you can get whatever you want
If you want to complain against something or someone, no one heeds.
Pros
Benefits and Big name
Cons
No work life balance and a lot of politics, nuisance
Good work life balance and some great people to work with
Technology Lead (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, India27 September 2016
Flexible in terms of learning and applying new technology. I had the good fortune of working with some of the most talented people and exceptional managers. But recognition does not translate to promotion or raise. Lacks a framework for employees to compare personal growth compared to industry.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
Poor compensation and benefits
work life balance is poor.
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West Bengal24 October 2016
Wonderful company to work and learn. Best in fecilities provided to the employees.Best premises and cafeteria. Best trainings. Helpful managers. Only problem is less holidays abd split offs but thats acceptable if you are happy working with all these wonderful fecilities. Oh yes awesome gym free of cost for all the employees and games for recreations.
Pros
Pf, Timely salary, best cafeteria, Good transport fecility, best training, edication loan fecility.
Cons
poor salary hike
Good company to start your career with..
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka15 July 2016
Flexibility here gives you nice work life balance.
Lots of opportunity to learn to learn new skills. Trainings provided are also good and range in almost every trending technology.
Recommended for those who want to learn, provided you get a nice project.
PS. The project you work on and your learning abilities decides your career growth.
Pros
Flexible environment, learning opportunity
Cons
less salary as compared to other good companies
I like working in wipro
HR Executive (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka20 September 2016
It's a nice brand to be associated with. The work environment is good and it's a great feeling to work here altogether.
The company offers some great benefit plans for it's employees and it really is beneficial for all the employees.
The work is great. We get good motivation time and again to perform better and enhance our skills at workplace. The salary stack is quite decent. And moreover it's a great feeling to be associated with a brand like it.
Pros
Nice cafeterias and benefit plans
Cons
Job security, not having work and personal life balance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra4 October 2016
1. Wipro is a good company to work for you're initial years of working.
2. But there are limited option to grow in organization after 2 years.
3. There is no growth in salary as per other companies.
4.Management is supportive in case of work and problems in work.
5. Job security is there.
Good Company and Good work culture
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh10 November 2016
Good Company and Good work culture. It is a level 5 company. This company maintaining thier standards.
Job Work/Life Balance-Good
Salary/Benefits-Good
Job Security/Advancement-Good
Management-Good
Job Culture-Good
Productive and friendly environment
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh26 September 2016
Wipro is a good company in terms of its employee satisfaction. It provides healthy environment to their employees so that they can raise their efforts to complete the task which is assigned to the particular employee.My management is also supportive.
Good company to start your career
Problem Manager (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra26 November 2016
Good company to start your career, you will get change to work on multiple technologies/projects

Salary they offer to fresher to not as per the market.

Job security is there.

Long working hours(9.5)

Pros
Job Security
Cons
long hours(9.5)
Neutral
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh2 December 2016
- Work life balance not good, not bad. 40% time you need to stretch
- UCF examinations are mandatory which is headache.
- Salary hike is too less.
- Onsite opportunity is high in some projects.
Pros
Onsite opportunity, Job security
Cons
Growth, Salary