Wipro Employee Reviews

Found 4,779 reviews matching the search
Good work culture with freedom to learn and use as stepping stone for further growth
Practice Head ENU IME (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra2 February 2017
A good work culture with freedom to learn if self motivated. Very sales oriented.
The gender diversity is rather low at the leadership levels, however the Management permits work from home and flexi times if required. With the lean structure have long working hours impacting the work life balance.
The organisation is top heavy and hence poor career advancement prospects.
Pros
Good work culture, freedom to learn if self motivated
Cons
long work hours, poor compensation packages with poor career advancement plans and gender diversity
A Good Place to Learn
Senior Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West Bengal6 February 2017
- It is a good place to learn new things
- Our training was top notch in heathcare claims adjudication.
- Inspite of having policies those are aimed at employee welfare they were properly utilized by the management.
- Work culture had been vibrant and encouraging.
- The graveyard shifts had been the hardest part.
- We were able to learn new things, availability training modules and above all the environment of the campus was an intriguing experience.
Pros
Career building courses, organization of social events, and family visits of the employees.
Cons
Occasional long hours, management team not identifying and grooming people for growth opportunities
A good place with opportunities to work for different client Companies Role with balanced work/life culture
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka1 November 2016
A good place with opportunities to work for different client Companies roles with balanced work/life culture. It takes all the own efforts to get into a good project and required our interpersonal skill sets to take on a very challenging work. Good for people with Higher experience Level and not one of the best places for those freshers who needs initial challenging work environment
Pros
Decent culture, Job security, work life balance, On-site opportunities, work for different world's Leading clients
Cons
Difficult to get a very challenging work, average Salary, not a better place to start the fresher's career, good for people with higher experience level
professional and good workplace, perfect work environment
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West Bengal9 February 2017
I find Wipro provides good working environment, but I have faced certain issues which led me to quit working with this organisation. There is an issue with the drop facility everyday. We are taken care only as long as we are working or so called working hours, once its time to go home and get proper drops, its a everyday story that there are no vehicles creating lot of chaos. There is lot of politics, or so called buttering to achieve success.
Pros
job security
Cons
long hours, low salary, less growth opportunity
Good, but can't expect jobs to our exact skills.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer/Production Support (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh6 January 2017
Recently I got notice from HR to release from Wipro as I am in free pool, actually we have enough time to search relevant projects.But unfortunately they reduced the free pool time.
Not only Wipro, what i learnt from IT industry side is, maintain a job security.
Not satisfied with management.
Good, atleast i am happy with my co-workers.
Working heard with out better compensation.
Getting appreciation from clients for our heard work.
Pros
NA
Productive and Learning Environment
Database developing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lucknow City, Uttar Pradesh22 January 2017
I was appointed in this organisation on July-2015, as an engineer in database developer,
I learned a lot on sql server,ETL,BI-Tools etc related to Relational database management
Our client was National Informatic Center,I used to cordinate with Client on Daily/Weekly Basis and did solved there problems,queries
on urgent basis
The work environment is Good and Management is fully co-operative
Pros
good management, Much to learn, Work life is good
Cons
long projects, no rotaion in profile, less salary as compared to Work
overall I like working in Wipro. a nice environment to work and grow
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mumbai4 November 2016
As my first my company I like to work with Wipro. I have become an Oracle database admin which has changed my life and career path. I used to support production environment for their client and really learnt a lot and now can handle pressure situations without any trouble. beyond an Oracle DBA, I had the opportunity to work with Oracle engineers and this has helped me in my career.
Pros
Good work culture and employee friendly atmosphere
Cons
More Pressure and not so good management
Friendly working environment
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bhubaneshwar, Orissa11 February 2017
I am currently working in this project since i joined the company since August 2015. This provided a good platform to learn and get habituated with the corporate scenarios and procedures. Though i was a fresher, i was given the same confidence and trust to complete my work with the guidance from my manager. Team members are co-operating and helpful to encounter the issue which i was unable to figure out. Overall, I had a great team to work out and having a friendly environment to work there.

Provides regular training sessions,Quarterly performance reviews helps you to align your efforts as per projects and company's expectations.
Pros
Good Job security, Goodinsurance benefits, Good medical benefits, Motivates to learn new things
Cons
Career growth is less, Less opportunities in Bhubaneswar.
cool
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka3 February 2017
Good work/Life balance: Flexible timings and work from home option, really helped me thrive.
Always had a chance to advance: Environment could be competitive but there were a lot of opportunities.
Great management: Project Managers and Senior Managers were all supportive and always motivated us.
Co-workers are professional.
Everyone follows proper code of conduct
Happy work environment with excellent team skills and coordination
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kochi Kerala25 November 2016
Inspiring company to be a part of.Great work ethics,strict adherence to deadlines and product quality while encouraging a well balanced life.

Provides a wide range of projects to work with and be a part of. Excellent opportunity to start the learning process in the IT industry.

Keen emphasis on skill set training and best practices on product quality adherence

Peer respect is valued highly and everyone has a wonderful bonding with each team member

I have learnt to be a team player and how to keep my work life balanced. I am always motivated to be around a high energy group and hardworking to give it my my best.
Pros
Beautiful work environment, result driven team work, hardworking and helpful peers, encouraging fresh talent
Cons
Comparative salary scale is less
Day at Work "Wipro"
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh27 November 2016
I was working on Vodafone UK project for the entire 2 years in Wipro.
Journey was full of new experiences , learned a lot about the work culture ,how to work in a critical fast paced environment where you need to be proactive every time as the clients are virtually on your head demanding every single details. Learned about the full flow of the OSS/BSS domain starting from Order Creation to Order fulfillment, Testing each application to its finest points. Work Culture was good enough to get self motivated but it could be better. Management Team was helpful in dealing with all critical scenarios about the project and co-workers were the best part of my journey in wipro .They helped me to learn and develop the confidence.
Pros
The project Vodafone
Cons
Motivation factor
Productive work place
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  india29 December 2016
A typical day at Wipro included listening to customers, caring for their concerns, creating a positive experience. Wipro management created a team atmosphere to problem solve and find solutions. The hardest part of the job was bearing the heartbreak of an upset customer. The most enjoyable part was calming a customer to listen to a possible solution, getting agreement and sharing a smile

* Have learnt new technologies by attending various training programs conducted internally in Wipro.
* Highly motivated / hard working
* Well Organized Employee growth program
*I will cherish the knowledge learnt in the Organization
Pros
good transport and security
Cons
Difficult to maintain work life balance
Architect (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka7 November 2016
Role doesn't depend on the designation or the expertise. Poor middle management. Not a great company to work for long term. Benefits to employee are okay.
Pros
Medical benefits are good, There is a interest free loan scheme which can come handy for the people who require them
Cons
Not great work culture, poor work life balance
Not employee friendly
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka6 January 2017
I learnt a lot from this organisation. Few of them are Managing Time, working under pressure, aggressive in meeting deadlines.
but there are a lot of things in which this organisation needs to improve.
Few of them are proving sustainable work-life Balance, no appreciation even after working around more than 12 hours a day.
Management is not as accurate as it should be.
The most enjoyable part of this job is connecting with people, i have met many such people who have a great impact in my life and who has pushed me to my limits to unleash my true potential.
Pros
Enjoying with people I love
Cons
Long Hours, work-life balance, work pressure
Good Company
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka12 February 2017
Wipro is a very good company to start with & learn new technologies. Though work life , job security & management is good but still need to improve on compensation & getting more development projects.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Compensation .
Good Company and Good work culture
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh10 November 2016
Good Company and Good work culture. It is a level 5 company. This company maintaining thier standards.
Job Work/Life Balance-Good
Salary/Benefits-Good
Job Security/Advancement-Good
Management-Good
Job Culture-Good
Ethical and Responsible to work
Infrastructure Administrator (Former Employee) –  chennai19 January 2017
The work would be scheduled and it has to go according to it. Wipro is a ethical company, which is strict on following ethics and making their employees too ethical on any occasion. The management is very helpful and reachable at all the moments. Sometimes, as like every other company, there is some politics happening. It is all depends on the managers. The hardest part of the job is you don't get your favorite domain to work or development related stuff. Enjoyable things are lot to go on in wipro. You would enjoy to work in happy environment like in wipro.
Supporting Role | Rotational Shift Work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka19 February 2017
Work environment was good but we had to work in shifts which was difficult. Colleagues were very supportive. There were frequent replacement in higher management so it was difficult to work along with every manager with same tempo.
Pros
Job Role and responsibility
Cons
Work Life Balance, Salary
Na
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kolkata13 February 2017
Nice organisation but with lots of issues. People are not that helpful, management is biased to some extent, salary structure is not good, gives job security but growth is limited.
Pros
NA
Cons
Long hours & bad transport
Very Cooperative and Productive Workplace
Project (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka14 October 2016
Overall experience is very fine in Wipro. Wipro provide the benifits as much it can. Workplace is very productive and overall management is quite good cooperative. You get the new challenges as it a service based company so chances to get in shifts and work as per the customer rules but it is a good company for your career growth.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Working hours as per the customer policy as it is a service based company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wipro. Our community is ready to answer.

76%