The Times of India Employee Reviews

Action Satisfaction
Special Correspondent (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh30 November 2016
My day here involves sorting news items and choosing relevant photographs and graphics to go along with them, something I really enjoy doing. A certain portion of the day is spent brain-storming and discussing the day's work as well as possible feature story ideas with the team. The latter half is spent in execution and working with the designer as the edition takes shape.
Pros
Flexible timings
Cons
Myriad rules govern publicity guidelines
Working time was much covinient
Assistant Executive (Former Employee) –  Kochi, Kerala12 November 2016
At first the job was very Easy because i was allotted my hometown itself. But the field work was very boring and tiresome. I am looking for a work with office room atmosphere. Co- workers were helping and kind. The hardest part of the job was the deposit collection, but i achieved it before the specified period.
Cons
low salary
Motivating and funplace
Chief Copy Editor (Current Employee) –  Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh14 January 2017
Times Of India is a great place for a budding journalist. Infact it can act as a perfect launching pad for a person who wants to make it big in field of media.Totally satisfying work culture and motivating superiors.
Pros
great work environment
Fun work place
Deputy Manager - Operations (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra5 January 2017
Typical day at work, designations doesn't matter in the role that you play in your profile. Profile of an executive resembels the one at a highr designations. Delegation of work is problem
Pros
FREEDOM TO EXPRESS
Cons
LACK OF PROCESS IMPLEMENTAION
good
Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Kolkata, West Bengal, lucknow, ahmedabad, pune6 December 2016
Its a very good place. love to learn hare. I get more experience from hare.. learn every day. No time limit. Office atmosphere is good. All college are help full.
Pros
experience
Cons
learn about market.
satisfactory
Senior Officer - Response Team (Former Employee) –  Mumbai30 November 2016
co-workers are good.. very good job security but couldnt handle target pressure and i had got a difficult department to do selling hence decided to quit.
Worked as a volunteer
volunteer for Teach India (Former Employee) –  Delhi, Delhi16 September 2016
Did not really work for The Times of India, I was a volunteer with Teach India..and the experience was exceptional...It was great..please keep doing such work !
Diversified Opportunities
Branch Vertical Head (Former Employee) –  Bhubaneshwar, OR7 September 2015
There are various career opportunities available that sets Times of India different from other media organizations. The hardest part of the job is the multiple reporting structure which leads to conflicts among the employees. Again, the management has decided to be blind to the issues raised by the employees.
Cons
Lack of professional atmosphere
Very Good
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pune, MH1 February 2016
This job is perfect for me. Here is creativity, learning and implement, Management control. Co Worker is so energetic. I am loving do this job.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
No Time Limit
Good Work Place
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delhi13 December 2015
Learned operating equipment of electricals
Learned Firefighting
Learned Plumbing
Learned UPBX Telecom service
Good working with Management
Motivating and Good Team Work environment.
Readership of Times of India and Economic Times. (Former Employee) –  Ahmedabad, GJ8 January 2015
It was fabulous working at The Times Of India Group. I learnt how to manage and handle the work in team. The management was very supportive and coordinating helped in each and every way. The people working there are very friendly. There was no hard part of the job but yeah it was fun working with the paper vendors from morning 3 am till evening 5 pm.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Odd Hours
Absolutely fantastic...
Senior Intern (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, India17 December 2014
Working as an intern is always tough but when you work at a major newspaper printing millions of copies and delivering news to a billion people of a democratic, it gets a lot tougher than you can imagine. Starting as lower intern and rising up to a senior intern position in a national newspaper is an achievement of a lifetime and I sure take pride for the same. My duties in at the place where to assist on the editorials and cover stories for the creative edition of the paper in the photographical department.
Client Servicing
Marketing & Sales Officer (Former Employee) –  Mumbai7 August 2015
Times of India, while holding the position of sales officer, I was a liaison between our organization and clients. The position was key in resolving inquiries, educating on policy and protocols of the company and implementing new products and services.
Great Enviroment and great people to work with
MIS Head (Current Employee) –  Pune, MH14 January 2014
interactive, learning & good fun

Play the key role of Advisor to the Response Branch Head (General Manager – Business Development) and act as a link between management and the Development staff.

Key elements of the profile included revised pricing strategy, competitive tracking, marketing alliances, reader contests, client incentives, Co-branding with movie launches, branding and generating revenue out of the various columns and client specific articles published in The Times Of India
Increase productivity, not work hours.
Asst.Manager-Response (Current Employee) –  Delhi-Gurgaon18 April 2012
work smart: Our company emphasize more on smart working, as it is effective & it yields results also maintaining productivity & efficiency.

reclaim social life:Reclaimed my social life by planning social outings in advance & treat those commitments as seriously as you would a business meeting.

Increase productivity, not work-hours:Managers helps increase the productivity of the employees through various techniques like six sigma, value stream mapping, etc.These should be implemented in order to cut time & multiple output.
Pros
the times of india is an, equal opportunity employer.
Cons
long hierarchy structure.
Market Leader with great culture and secure employment
Manager, PR (Former Employee) –  Delhi and Bombay9 May 2012
My day at work included receiving briefs on PR from various clients and strategising with my team to make a PR plan.Once the PR Plan is made, it is sent to the client in the PPT for review...
Through this job i was able to learn on the various activities and functioning of the editorial department as well as understanding of the clients need for PR. The most enjoyable part of the job was I was given a free hand to present as well as strategize on the PR aspect without any constraints. The hardest part was to wait for the client to say YES!
Pros
good place to work
Cons
long wait for revertals
Working with The Times of India in Hyderabad
Chief Copy Editor (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad23 September 2012
Working at the editorial of The Times of India in its Hyderabad bureau is an experience itself. It works just like other newspapers. Apart from reporting mainly on sporting events, I am generally heading the Nation desk here in this desk. Subbing copies with catchy headlines, making layouts keeping in mind its importance in Andhra Pradesh.
The challenge, everyday is different and I enjoy facing it a lot.
productive
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, CH22 August 2015
It was good experience working with this company. I learned how to communicate with people of different age group, nature, etc. Now i am able to talk with anyone withut hesitation & have ability to convince them. I learned to lead a team & be a good leader.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Chennai, TN2 September 2014
You will find me as a person, accepting challenges and sort
out them with confidence. I am a totally committed
individual about my goals. I am able to perform numerical
calculations, maintain records, all with accuracy. The most
important qualities Representative must have in him are
being Direct and communicative, and these are my plus
points.

I have had learnt a lot from my experience, so that I can
easily handle any type of customer like corporate clients
and walk-in clients, etc. Leadership, Motivator, Organizer,
Teamwork these are the skills which I am having in me and worked
hard to develop them also. I have had to establish daily
operational bases for projects and also provide the
direction to insure the progress and to check that the
deadline were met.
Productive.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lucknow, UP14 March 2014
The working here is hectic. You tend to go and cover the news with the assigned beat, come back and write the report that has to be published for the other day. Management is great and the hardest part is that there isn't any fixed time, if there is a breaking news then you have to cover it and the most enjoyable part is the networking and the contacts you make, meeting new people and it is overall an amazing experience.