The Times of India Employee Reviews

Diversified Opportunities
Branch Vertical Head (Former Employee) –  Bhubaneshwar, ORSeptember 7, 2015
There are various career opportunities available that sets Times of India different from other media organizations. The hardest part of the job is the multiple reporting structure which leads to conflicts among the employees. Again, the management has decided to be blind to the issues raised by the employees.
Cons
Lack of professional atmosphere
Very Good
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pune, MHFebruary 1, 2016
This job is perfect for me. Here is creativity, learning and implement, Management control. Co Worker is so energetic. I am loving do this job.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
No Time Limit
Good Work Place
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DelhiDecember 13, 2015
Learned operating equipment of electricals
Learned Firefighting
Learned Plumbing
Learned UPBX Telecom service
Good working with Management
Fun Work Place
Correspondent and Copy Editor (Former Employee) –  Thiruvananthapuram, KLOctober 1, 2013
Working for TOI is a fun experience as you are given the freedom to bring the best stories on the table and the daily ensures it gets a national coverage. Also, you get to work not only in the print media but also on online and television media and with people all across the company.
Pros
freedom, flexible work hours
Cons
salary, red tape
Good work life balance but management may not be the best
UI/UX Designer (Current Employee) –  Delhi, DLJune 24, 2015
Good work life balance but management may not be the best with some bureaucratic practices happening. Not much encouragement to junior employees but overall a good place to work on various products and services.
Productive organization, motivational towards goals
Mailroom Dispatch Officer (Former Employee) –  Panaji, GAOctober 5, 2013
Despatch Incharge- always night duty in despatching newspapers.
takling logistical problems.
Pros
good salary package with incentives
Cons
night duty hours
nice palce to work
Sr.Sales Officer-Sales and Marketing (RMD) (Former Employee) –  hyderabadAugust 30, 2015
co operative coleagues, nice to work with times.
growth would be toss in the air. very peacefull work culture. good employees.ti had great timer.learned lot more from my superior
productive
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, CHAugust 22, 2015
It was good experience working with this company. I learned how to communicate with people of different age group, nature, etc. Now i am able to talk with anyone withut hesitation & have ability to convince them. I learned to lead a team & be a good leader.
Cool Workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MumbaiDecember 19, 2012
A cool workplace. A good start to your career. Good co workers.
Pros
free lunch
Good Work Place
Event Executive + Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MHJune 18, 2014
Pre and Post Production of Mega Events like Bombay Times Party, Mumbai Mirror Party, Brand Equity Agency Recknor Awards, Remmy Awards, Times Zigwheels Exhibition and Awards, Times Cricket Shied, Times Property Exhibition and Award Function & Times Travel Exhibition.

• Co-ordination with designated event managers from the client side.

• Design, Production & Delivery of Invitations, Trophies, Moments, Marketing Collaterals, Gifts, Banners/Hoardings/ Standees.

• Ensuring proper execution of Event Setup as per standards set by Times.

• Conducting corporate parties/events of various sizes as per requirement.

• Vendor Management.

Achievements:

• Was promoted as sole Operations In-Charge/ SPOC for all events by Times Response within 2 Years.

• Consistently delivered High Quality Solutions at Cost Effective Price Points.

• Designing/ Procurement/ Delivery of Corporate Gifts for Times Response Nationally.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
8 to 10 hour
Great Enviroment and great people to work with
MIS Head (Current Employee) –  Pune, MHJanuary 14, 2014
interactive, learning & good fun

Play the key role of Advisor to the Response Branch Head (General Manager – Business Development) and act as a link between management and the Development staff.

Key elements of the profile included revised pricing strategy, competitive tracking, marketing alliances, reader contests, client incentives, Co-branding with movie launches, branding and generating revenue out of the various columns and client specific articles published in The Times Of India
Productive and fun place to work.
Marketing & Advertising Manager (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KANovember 25, 2014
Good best to work
lenient working hours
Manager of your own territory
good perks
slow promotions
Superb boss
good office
wide range of products
Pros
superb working environment
Cons
nothing
Client Servicing
Marketing & Sales Officer (Former Employee) –  MumbaiAugust 7, 2015
Times of India, while holding the position of sales officer, I was a liaison between our organization and clients. The position was key in resolving inquiries, educating on policy and protocols of the company and implementing new products and services.
Motivating and Good Team Work environment.
Readership of Times of India and Economic Times. (Former Employee) –  Ahmedabad, GJJanuary 8, 2015
It was fabulous working at The Times Of India Group. I learnt how to manage and handle the work in team. The management was very supportive and coordinating helped in each and every way. The people working there are very friendly. There was no hard part of the job but yeah it was fun working with the paper vendors from morning 3 am till evening 5 pm.
Pros
good food
Cons
odd hours
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Chennai, TNSeptember 2, 2014
You will find me as a person, accepting challenges and sort
out them with confidence. I am a totally committed
individual about my goals. I am able to perform numerical
calculations, maintain records, all with accuracy. The most
important qualities Representative must have in him are
being Direct and communicative, and these are my plus
points.

I have had learnt a lot from my experience, so that I can
easily handle any type of customer like corporate clients
and walk-in clients, etc. Leadership, Motivator, Organizer,
Teamwork these are the skills which I am having in me and worked
hard to develop them also. I have had to establish daily
operational bases for projects and also provide the
direction to insure the progress and to check that the
deadline were met.
Productive, good work
Manager (Current Employee) –  mumbaiApril 6, 2013
Learning well
hard work
team work
well cooperation
good co workers.
Pros
free food
Absolutely fantastic...
Senior Intern (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, IndiaDecember 17, 2014
Working as an intern is always tough but when you work at a major newspaper printing millions of copies and delivering news to a billion people of a democratic, it gets a lot tougher than you can imagine. Starting as lower intern and rising up to a senior intern position in a national newspaper is an achievement of a lifetime and I sure take pride for the same. My duties in at the place where to assist on the editorials and cover stories for the creative edition of the paper in the photographical department.
Increase productivity, not work hours.
Asst.Manager-Response (Current Employee) –  Delhi-GurgaonApril 18, 2012
work smart: Our company emphasize more on smart working, as it is effective & it yields results also maintaining productivity & efficiency.

reclaim social life:Reclaimed my social life by planning social outings in advance & treat those commitments as seriously as you would a business meeting.

Increase productivity, not work-hours:Managers helps increase the productivity of the employees through various techniques like six sigma, value stream mapping, etc.These should be implemented in order to cut time & multiple output.
Pros
the times of india is an, equal opportunity employer.
Cons
long hierarchy structure.
Productive.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lucknow, UPMarch 14, 2014
The working here is hectic. You tend to go and cover the news with the assigned beat, come back and write the report that has to be published for the other day. Management is great and the hardest part is that there isn't any fixed time, if there is a breaking news then you have to cover it and the most enjoyable part is the networking and the contacts you make, meeting new people and it is overall an amazing experience.
Market Leader with great culture and secure employment
Manager, PR (Former Employee) –  Delhi and BombayMay 9, 2012
My day at work included receiving briefs on PR from various clients and strategising with my team to make a PR plan.Once the PR Plan is made, it is sent to the client in the PPT for review...
Through this job i was able to learn on the various activities and functioning of the editorial department as well as understanding of the clients need for PR. The most enjoyable part of the job was I was given a free hand to present as well as strategize on the PR aspect without any constraints. The hardest part was to wait for the client to say YES!
Pros
good place to work
Cons
long wait for revertals