Tata Steel Employee Reviews

Productive and interesting
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, Jharkhand3 March 2017
As in the duration of my internship , I had an opportunity to learn things about wireless communications , working of intercom , telephones used in corporate sectors, The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the telephone exchange working , how we deal with different analog and digital telephone handsets and internet protocol also. workplace culture was very supportive , mentors were always ready for help to increase our knowledge. Hardest part were to plant the gateway(used in exchange) into their right place.
Lots of learning but no future growth
Sr. manager(Operations) (Current Employee) –  Noamundi, Jharkhand31 January 2017
TATA STEEL is a good company to work. It takes care of its employees. But the only dissatisfying factor is not enough apportunity to grow. I am not getting the job satisfaction keeping in view my experience, knowledge & skill. I have experience of all the minjing operation aspects, like i have good experience of minig operations, mine planning, drilling, blasting, training,safety, regulatory affairs, laisoning with govt. offices etc.
Pros
Systems in place. lot of things to learn
Cons
Very poor chances of growth.
Great learning and growth
Executive (Current Employee) –  Jamshedpur, Jharkhand14 March 2017
Tata steel offers every individual to grow and learn in their own skill sets and provides ample time to freshers to get a good grasp at things in the company. Employees get a lot of facilities such as good acconodation, good working hours, good food etc. The pay is really good for starters. The growth of an employee is immense.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Hectic jobs in certain locations
Non Relevant Works to our Designation
Packaging Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Kharagpur, West Bengal13 March 2017
The working environment and other facilities are good. There are extra curricular activities and sports culture which helps the employees to reduce the stress and keep relaxed.But as a Packaging Technologist there are no support from the management.
Pros
Food and Work Culture are very good
Cons
Lack of Skilled manpower
Fun-filled, diverse & challenging
Executive - HR & Administration (Current Employee) –  Jamshedpur, Jharkhand14 December 2016
Working with TSRDS is a mixed bag of experience. Each day brings a new experience. It is motivating enough to work with a high performing & diverse workforce. Very less to do with hierarchical barriers. Working beyond the office hours is a daily affair due to my willingness and never a compulsion. The autonomy provided has helped me to utilise my abilities to the fullest and learn from my mistakes.
Cons
Career advancement
Productivity and Fun
Internship (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, Jharkhand26 January 2017
I have done my internship form TATA STEEL, the company still look forward the comfort and safety of there employ. The company is dedicated in terms of health of the employ. All kinds of benefits are provided so the employee can mentain the work life balance.
Pros
Company Accommodation and Medical facility
Cons
Job security
Good learning and helpful environment
Sr.Associate(Integrated Electrical Maintenance) (Current Employee) –  Jamshedpur, Jharkhand9 March 2017
Tata Steel is good company for capability enhancement,developing problem solving skills.Colleagues and seniors are quite helpful.But salary part should be reviewed as doesn't seems sufficient as compared to other companies.
Productive & fun workplace
Manager - Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu28 November 2016
I had the best time working in TSPDL.
Daily visits as part of Sales & Marketing was challenging & good learning. Learning good concepts of sales & customer management was key in this organisation.

All co-workers were supportive. Few instances of internal politics was not good.

Travelling as part of sales was the most I enjoyed.
work in tatasteel,satisfaction comes from work culture,belongingness,safety,and salary.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, Jharkhand23 October 2016
track maint.is very important part of the tatasteel.This is the backbone of raw material and finished material handling.I learned time management,cost saving,and man management.to build a proper team is the key for success of goal.ought hrs. breakdown is the hardest part of the job.The implementation of any new idea for the benifit of the company by me is the enjoyable part of the job.
very enjoy feel on working time
Supervisor material department (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, Jharkhand22 January 2017
nothing typical day on work. la
earn here diffrents type o work like maintanence ,management is very well. workplace culture is very helpfull.nothing part because we are enjoyfeel on work time.all time.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short time
maintenance and project engineer
Senior Executive (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra25 December 2016
 Interaction with other Departments like, operation, Purchase, Design and detailing, quality and Construction, vendor development for overall improvement & to achieve target.
Pros
free lunch and petrol allowance
Cons
some time have to come in inght
Career and personality development
MAINTENANCE CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  ODISHA6 March 2017
Its a best place to work for.Your personality as well career will develop .Senior management very much supportive.Proper guidance as well support for junior employee.
Pros
LUNCH & TIFFIN SUBSIDY
Cons
POLLUTION
Good workplace
Apprentiship Trainee (Former Employee) –  Boisar, Maharashtra4 March 2017
Workplace is good also good people to work with. Canteen is also very good. Working place is nice with lots of greenery in the surroundings. Also there is a bus by which u can go to the workplace.
Pros
Good workshops also nice canteen
Experience with Tata Steel
Project Manager at Tata Growth Shop (Former Employee) –  Gamharia, Jamshedpur26 November 2016
Excessive work pressure but systematic.
Learning for use of BAAN and SAP system in work.
Management was very co-operative.
Co-workers relation was brilliant.
To meet the target.
Work atmosphere.
Pros
Job execution challange.
Cons
Too many regulations.
Productive worforce
Manager (Mining Operations) (Former Employee) –  Dhanbad, Jharkhand11 March 2017
Extremely difficult work. Worked in underground coal mine. People are very dedicated and hardworking.
People feel proud of working in TATA Steel and rightly so.
Pros
Brand name
Cons
Tough working environment
Tata Steel
Manager Business Development (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, Jharkhand26 March 2017
Excellent company with excellent work culture
Great care of employees and society
Well read and good management
Slow career progress
Excellent work life balance
Pros
Employee care
Cons
slow career progression
1 of the best company in steel industry
hot metal crane operator (Current Employee) –  Jamshedpur10 November 2016
Im durgesh sharma here from tata steel one of the best company in steel industry. Works as a crane operator have in smlp Enjoying vry much best company in steel industry it's in jamshedpur jharkhanad India
Pros
Canteen facility
Cons
good accommodation
i am smart worker and friendly with others.
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra7 December 2016
I am improved my designing skills by utilizing the cad and catiya software to develop the designing of finished goods.sometimes is it very hard,that time I giving suggestions from seniors.
Pros
free lunches
Stable company and Good Work Life Balance
Sr. Manager IT (FAMD) (Current Employee) –  Kolkata, West Bengal13 March 2017
Stable company with with good benefits. Very good work / life balance. There are multiple opportunities across the organisation.

The salary and benefits are matching the industry.
its easy to find ur desired work
technician (Current Employee) –  ghatotand25 March 2017
its amazing to use.
i find it very easy to find what i am looking for.
i would every aspirant to use this app in order to find their jobs.
rather consulting different agents this should be their priority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Steel. Our community is ready to answer.