Tata Motors Employee Reviews

working as a mechanic TATA cars
automobile mechanic (Former Employee) –  india,kerala7 December 2016
I am working as a mechanic Tata all cars. Management was not bad but the salary is good for the future.I got the better chance so I came to the present company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Manufacturing plant with good learning opportunities
Manager, Program Planning and Project Management (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, Jharkhand6 December 2016
There is opportunity to lead and learn in many different areas. The recognition is poor but the skills acquired are practical and transferable
Pros
Large area
Cons
6 day work-week
Good environment to work & learn.
Customer Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West Bengal2 December 2016
Tata Motors is a huge company. I worked in the commercial vehicle service department where there was a lot of direct interaction with customers & opportunity to learn about technical issues through hands-on practice. Yes, there were plenty of product issues reported, most of them were related to product abuse but some were related to manufacturing & few were due to design issues.
Overall company had a positive work environment, where liberty was given to try new things & concepts.
Improvement point - co-ordination between various departments & time of response (generally high)
Cons
Co-ordination between various departments & time of response (generally high)
Nice
Technician (Current Employee) –  Pune1 December 2016
I have learned many things when I work with Tata motors . All the workers are friendly. Working place environment also good. Safety policy also good . Working hours also good. 8 houses in a day. Its good experience
Pros
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH
Cons
medical benefits
Sales is the name of fun
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Delhi,South Ex.30 November 2016
In sales you don't know.What happen in next Min.In sales I have learn that how to connivance to the client and regular follow up with client with long term relations.
Pros
We enjoy every 30 of the month
Cons
No hours for work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra28 November 2016
I got to learn few new method and technique in my field while I got an opportunity for implement of my previous work experience.
A very good automobile company, providing good technical experience on 4 wheel automobile
Design and Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  gujarat22 November 2016
• Developed, Designed and Drafted all the new equipment according to the unique and special need from superiors and senior designers and concept developers. I had a team of 12 design engineers working under me and I guided them during the designing process on various designing, drafting and simulation software such as AutoCAD, Pro-E, and Creo
• Corrected any errors remaining and provided input during the phase of new concept development new hypothesized part and new automobile assembly plan development.
• Discussed the feasibility of the new product and its design with general managers, concept developers, designing team and production manager
• Responsible for making changes and alterations on the already developed design for the more accurate performance of the part taking into consideration the Lean Manufacturing aspect in lessening the cost and production lead time , I also had to test the feasibility of the design without manufacturing or fabricating the prototype over simulation software
Pros
good salary
Cons
complex work environment
Productive and Learning Workplace
Assistant Manager (TM (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra18 November 2016
To work with Tata Motors, was working like with an employer of choice where in along with the amicable work atmosphere there was a pragmatic work culture to learn.
Pros
free lunch
Good workplace
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Barmer, Rajasthan14 November 2016
Best workplace in present time Jobs Tata motors veerprabhu Barmer. And progress in life time jobs. I am very happy in my workplace. I growth my salary and new job search.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short time
Productive & good experience
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra13 November 2016
Good envirnment, happy yo work with such organisation from which I learn many Industrial things which will helpfull for my Industrial Career.
In TATA MOTORS I am working as a Quality Engineer.
Pleasant atmosphere at workplace
MH, India CAE Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra12 November 2016
To ensure all assigned work need to be completed. To provide time sheet at the end of a day.
I learned FEA analysis.
Co-workers were helpful.
The hardest part of the job is to meet customer requirements.
The most enjoyable part is to deal with competitive tasks.
It is very supportive & encouragement management, lot of independent style of working given to executive grade people.
New Product Development & Project Management (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra5 November 2016
Very interactive sort of work culture with senior executives of the co. in the day work, with all meetings & reviews for various projects.
Learned to take more & more responsibilities, by solving & taking initiatives for problem solving proactively for many issues.

* Very Supportive & directive management executives,
* Co-workers are very cooperative & supportive in all aspects of work.
* Attending meetings & presenting many project reviews in a day.
* After successful completion of any project, management used to give party to the entire team for successful achievement of the project.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free & Comfortable Transportation
Cons
Meetings & long stay after office hours.
challenging work
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, Jharkhand4 November 2016
When I get there I had zeal to know everything. It was the first company for me and I want to give my best here. I enjoyed much with my colleagues both at work and leisure.
I learned alot about the work, how to deal with new people, to go through customer satisfaction etc.
Pros
free canteen
Cons
old infrastructure and intense heat
fun while servicing
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh4 November 2016
i use to see overall work perform by my team
the typical work in my concern is nothing when we do the work perfectly.
the management at my workplace is more powerful
Productive and fun work place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Hasimara, West Bengal27 October 2016
I like working in here but there are no high technology in the vehicles. I need high technology vehicles where I can learn more things about the vehicles. In TATA MOTORS I learned some great technology but they not full fill my greed.
Cons
One best place to begin career
Graduate Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra25 October 2016
• Design engineer for engine cooling system and its child components. Analyzed issues with various automobile sectors regarding Engine Cooling System & had major design work over commercial vehicles.
• Projects involving cost cutting, VA-VE which resulted in cost saving of over 27000 USD annually by obtaining reduced overall weight of ECS.
Job setisfection
Have total of around 4 years of experience (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur Ho., Jharkhand17 October 2016
sometimes we forget that it’s also a time to share your own goals (and even suggestions!) for the future with your boss. After all, you’re part of a team, and talking about what’s working, what’s not, and what would make you a better professional can only help your boss be a stronger leader. Plus, it’s a great chance to show that you’re committed to your success—and to the company’s.
Encouragive enviornment
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra12 October 2016
When i was working in tata motors, i enjoyed my work. Because whatever was my, very interesting and challenging. I am not a multitasker but i have learned so many things during my work and i was able to any type of work on chassi line. i was appreciated during my by TATA motors pune
Pros
free lunch, brake fast
Cons
good work in shifts
Car Manufacturing
Assistant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra2 October 2016
Their is the great work experience work with the company
lot of the things to learn howto maintain desired quality of the component how to maintain the chain of the production within given order time.co-workers are very helpful to learn the about the process
Pros
lunch, transportation at very small cost
Cons
8 hours
Extremely knowledgeable staff and workplace
Research Assistant (Full time- Internship) (Former Employee) –  Pune, India27 September 2016
I really liked to work at Tata Motors as it gave me a valuable industry experience in terms of automobile innovation and research. It also gave me an opportunity to learn new technologies.