Tata Motors Employee Reviews in India

Tata's amicable nature flourishes
Manager - Business Planning, Passenger Vehicle BU (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHJanuary 27, 2016
A nice working environment with lots of opportunities to develop the skills. A very supportive management / colleagues where you learn personally and professionally. An ideal place to work and grow simultaneously, with ample provisions for learning and showcasing our core strengths.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Work Life Balance
Poor Management
Manager : Supplier Quality & Component Development (Current Employee) –  Jamshedpur, JHDecember 5, 2015
No strategy of top management
No life balance
No good working culture
No life balance
Good job security & compensation

A qualified Bachelor of Engineering, offering 9 years of extensive experience in delivering assignments as in Supplier Quality Improvement, Proprietary part development, Engineering change management system, Material scheduling & management
Good Work Culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ahmedabad, GujaratFebruary 23, 2016
Good Work Culture and opportunity for growth and learning is excellent.
Work life balance for middle management is also excellent.
Exhaustive yet fun
C.E.O. (Current Employee) –  Jamshedpur, IndiaAugust 21, 2016
A typical day starts at 9am. Being at the helm of affairs, its challenging and at times energy sapping. But I have learnt so much in my time here that the experience is invaluable.

Working in an SME implies that I have to work with unskilled and semi skilled workers mostly. Hence training, communication and supervision is of utmost importance. Motivating workers so that work outside their selfish interests and more as a part of an organisation is tantamount.

The hardest part is also the most enjoyable part i.e. being the C.E.O. I have to look into every aspect of the business in detail. The smallest mistake might result in irreparable damage or losses for which I become solely accountable.
Pros
Flexi time, no monotony, no bindings
Cons
Long hours, rare holidays
Friendly Workplace
Sr. Team Member HR (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraMay 26, 2016
My day at Tata Motors use to start with Morning Brefings where the entire team use to discuss any Critical Issues/ Team Challenges, Individual or Team Achievements, upcoming Events & Team Targets.

I have learned to maintaining Work Life Balance and to manage/ priorities my work and to deliver within set SLA.

Management is highly co-operatative and offered great amount of Transparency.

My Team Members were very helpful and taught me to opt for a proactive approach, and made me feel extremely comfortable at the work place.

Hardest part of my job was to collect the Interview Feedback from the managers post Candidate's Face to Face Technical Interview Rounds.

I enjoyed my job profile as HR Generalist the most, managing several tasks under Recruitment process, Report Generating & Updating MIS, and co-ordinating Execution of various Training programs under OD.
Pros
Food Coupons, Recognition & Awards
Cons
Healthcare
Purchase Program Management
Support Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraMay 30, 2016
Works in purchase program management in upcoming utility vehicles. Our work is to co ordinate with r&d purchase and other departments to let provide the parts required for sop.
Key achievements:got chance to learn as how to work in a team & understand owns responsibility, also how to help others without effecting one's work.
Got chance to learn how a new product are developed, different stages in which different sections are designed and compiled as one vehicle.
Learned how to get work done by others, to get a work done by others one should first understand everything that he should be ready for any googly and let work get done.
Pros
Better learning, Friendly environment
productive & hard workplace
Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, JharkhandMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed everyday in my company. I learned to many things (such as-how to manufacture any product with best quality,and how to make any typical work as easy). And if i talk about the management then i wish to tell that all the superior of me are the best because they support their all the juniors. and as usually the co-workers are so competitive because of that my efficiency was improved so far. and as i remember i enjoyed everyday at the work so no-one day is seemed as the hardest.
Pros
free transport services & free launch etc.
Cons
nothing
working with a team together
Sales exicutive (Current Employee) –  KERALAMarch 15, 2016
better experience and better salary.company is willing to support all of the emlpoyees and they providing good oppertunities to the job seekers
Productive and fun workplace, Healthy and safe environment.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, JharkhandAugust 13, 2016
The working place is very systematic & well arranged.
Every work is done under sefty supervision.
PE has capability to design, manufacture and conduct tryout of Machining fixtures (Hydraulic & Conventional), Welding fixtures, Assembly Fixtures, Inspection Fixtures and Inspection /Template Gauges (i.e.Special plug and snap gauges, profile templates) for automobile engine, transmission and axle components.
Learn to live and lead life better
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Jamshedpur, JharkhandJune 17, 2016
Day starts with learing and teaching,you learn first and as you gain experience it starts to speak,tackle the situation. The more you interact ,mix freely with people the more you learn the behavior of co worker and making it easy to tackle them. If you want to learn, go down the level and ask without shy,"I don't know so I have come to learn" ,and respect age irrespective of your post, you will enjoy and people will respect you .
Excellent
manager (Former Employee) –  Nagpur, MaharashtraJune 10, 2016
Good working atmosphere and every day were cahngelling management were good and excellent.The hardest parts of job were were one vehicle come for danting and painting the vehicle were accident and the accident was so dangerious we were un able to dant the vehicle but the customer told to the cost should less . Then our team start to work .And we complete the vehicle wihithin the schedule period.
Pros
NO FREE LUNCH
Cons
LONG WORKING HRS.
maintenance machine and do fun
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rudrapur, UttarakhandMarch 29, 2016
Good work
Handle breakdown of machine
Good management
Enjoying with our senior
Good work environment
Best co-workers
Pros
everything is good there
Productive and learning place for a Trainee
Trainee mechanical engineer (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, JharkhandNovember 4, 2015
Interesting workplace with supportive guide and management. Transportation, safety and comfort facilities are provided for working employees. It was a good time to experience the making of trucks along with a number of manufacturing operations involved in it by using advanced Technology. The guides were good and my team members were too helpful to complete the Project as a teamwork. It was difficult to visit and observe the entire plant in such a short duration and I was expecting some more time to work in the company. It was too exciting to see robotic works and many advanced technology machineries on the Fabrication and assembly lines. The project work includes observation of fitments and preparing MOST Analysis sheet, which was challenging, exciting and helpful.
Pros
Free transportation, Library
Cons
As a Trainee, I got Less time to visit the entire plant
to shift more on the application side
Deputy General Manager/ Dharwad (Former Employee) –  Dharwad, KarnatakaFebruary 5, 2016
A well managed and sound cultured company with full of opportunities for work and experiment.

Long Tenures and Giant Organisation Belittles the scope for Strategic level of working with more challenges
great place to learn
Product Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West BengalMarch 7, 2016
good and capable management, great place to learn and experiment,
fun at work place missing, lack of scope of innovation, can opt for various internal jobs
productive and fun workplace with ping pong
kulathunkal motors.position is Team leader (Former Employee) –  trivandrum in IndiaAugust 16, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.decent amount of a red tape and politics.but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
learn and fun at the same time
sales executive (Former Employee) –  Kota, RajasthanJune 6, 2016
it wall started well and did end well
the owner of the showroom is definitely a great mentor
other employees were helpful and fun loving
i went there as a fresher but did learned so many skills from experience holders in the sales line
Pros
daily activities such as games and coffee breaks
Cons
sometimes customers were hard to convince
It's a good company with many employee benefits.
Manager - Grade (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, JHJanuary 6, 2016
Good company for Mechanical engineers. One finds that people are not that friendly initially but as you adopt to the culture of the company you will start liking the job.
productive and fun workplace
Senior Associate Production Engineer. (Current Employee) –  Pune, MHJanuary 18, 2016
Every day is typical works how to lead the team as manager supportive co workers managment is co operative During absenteeism of co workers
Pros
Free lunches
enoyable
TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Lucknow, Uttar PradeshApril 15, 2016
Creating Workplace Flexibility

A variety of flexible work options that enable greater control over when, where and how work gets done.

The Creative Use of Paid and Unpaid Time Off

Personal time away from work to spend with family, friends and self. Governmental regulations vary dramatically by country in terms of how much time an employee can or must take, and whether for not that time is paid by the employer.

Supporting Health and Wellness

Health and wellness initiatives focus on reducing absenteeism and improving productivity by supporting healthy lifestyle choices for employees and their families.

Community Involvement

The way organizations get involved with the external and internal community through monetary donations, volunteer programs and partnerships.

Caring for Dependents

There are many issues related to caregiving for dependents of all ages. Most organizations offer some type of support for parenting and elder care.

Financial Support

In the area of financial support, work-life is primarily concerned with gaining approval for, and helping implement, voluntary financial benefits as well as providing resources and referrals that assist employees with managing their financial responsibilities.