Tata Motors Employee Reviews

It is very supportive & encouragement management, lot of independent style of working given to executive grade people.
New Product Development & Project Management (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra5 November 2016
Very interactive sort of work culture with senior executives of the co. in the day work, with all meetings & reviews for various projects.
Learned to take more & more responsibilities, by solving & taking initiatives for problem solving proactively for many issues.

* Very Supportive & directive management executives,
* Co-workers are very cooperative & supportive in all aspects of work.
* Attending meetings & presenting many project reviews in a day.
* After successful completion of any project, management used to give party to the entire team for successful achievement of the project.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free & Comfortable Transportation
Cons
Meetings & long stay after office hours.
looking for better salary and benefits
Mechanical helper at Kumaran Automobile workshop (Former Employee) –  tamil nadu17 September 2016
There was no life balance in this company because I need to work very long hours inclusive of weekend. just only few days of. The company does not have good management. did not pay my salary on time. always own my salary few months.
Worklife balance at TataMotors
Business planning manager (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra27 December 2016
Tata Motors is very good place to start your career. The company culture enables enough freedom to experiment new ideas and try new things.

Tata Motors also provides opportunities for internal job rotation to choose a career path that one has planned.

Overall I rate Tata Motors a good company for beginners!!.
Pros
Freedom to try new things
good work life balance but reporting and sales planning too archaic
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Jaipur, Rajasthan8 September 2016
The work life balance and benefits are great with the organization. Salary-wise TML is not a paymaster. The reporting structures are too archaic. The organization work culture although is very friendly.
Good learning culture
Assistant Manager, Auto Maintenance Services (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra6 September 2016
Company encourages to learn. Again one has to maintain good relationship with boss in order to get promoted. Good job culture. Learnt a lot in technology and man-management. Good work-life balance
Pros
free lunches
Cons
slow to medium growth
Independent workplace but old working culture
(Vendor Development) (Current Employee) –  Pantnagar, Uttarakhand3 January 2017
Enjoined working in Tata motors but process are very slow here.Processes are very complex .Every process consume lot of time.
Work environment is good .
Salary comes on time.
Pros
Bus provided for transport, Breakfast provided
Good Company
Motor Mechanic Vehicle (Current Employee) –  Nerul12 January 2017
To provide a good facility in a worker. Management also not a good. and other things its a good . . In a company working time is 9:00am to 6:00 pm its also good. They are providing canteen facility are also good.
Pros
Free Lauches and Good Management Facility
Cons
Long Hours
Being a employee of tata motors I gained a good experience according to my job profile
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Uttar Pradesh21 December 2016
One the first day of my joining it was really typical for me to understand the product as a fresher in automobiles sectors.

Till date i had good knowledge about how to get in touch with customers and how to make them satisfy about our product.

Management is the biggest deal in automobile sector because if you are a team leader or a branch head you have to take care of each and every members of your company and will not do any types of partiality between any one of them.

My co-workers were very co-operative uptu my extent as they helped me in each and every deal in every twists and turns.

Hardest part of my job was to make satisfy each and every customers as not to lose even a single deal.

The most enjoyable part was when we close the deal and present our product on the right time in front of customer without any trouble.and get our customer satisfy about our product.
Pros
free lunch during work and all the travelling expenses.
Cons
no medical claim was allowed
Friendly Workplace
Sr. Team Member HR (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra26 May 2016
My day at Tata Motors use to start with Morning Brefings where the entire team use to discuss any Critical Issues/ Team Challenges, Individual or Team Achievements, upcoming Events & Team Targets.

I have learned to maintaining Work Life Balance and to manage/ priorities my work and to deliver within set SLA.

Management is highly co-operatative and offered great amount of Transparency.

My Team Members were very helpful and taught me to opt for a proactive approach, and made me feel extremely comfortable at the work place.

Hardest part of my job was to collect the Interview Feedback from the managers post Candidate's Face to Face Technical Interview Rounds.

I enjoyed my job profile as HR Generalist the most, managing several tasks under Recruitment process, Report Generating & Updating MIS, and co-ordinating Execution of various Training programs under OD.
Pros
Food Coupons, Recognition & Awards
Cons
Healthcare
Production and intresting work
Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dharwad, Karnataka5 January 2017
i have learned about how to manage the critical conditions and overall management is good coworkers are nice the hardest part is imbalance when operators are not came and the most enjoyable part is culture
Productive and Learning Workplace
Assistant Manager (TM (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra18 November 2016
To work with Tata Motors, was working like with an employer of choice where in along with the amicable work atmosphere there was a pragmatic work culture to learn.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working as a mechanic TATA cars
automobile mechanic (Former Employee) –  india,kerala7 December 2016
I am working as a mechanic Tata all cars. Management was not bad but the salary is good for the future.I got the better chance so I came to the present company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Work and Life balance
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Global Delivery Center, Pune17 December 2016
I have learnt requirement gathering, transition management, project management.

Happiest part is you can balance your work life balance.

Hardest part is to make management understand new technology sometimes.
Product Design & developement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra22 September 2016
• Responsible for Product design for Interior trim system (Pillar, scuff, carpet, insulations, Headliner, door) PVBU projects
• Preparing Master section generation with mounting scheme establishment & concept design
• Packaging study of various Interior components and Assemblies
• Manufacturing & assembly feasibility for the component.
• Countermeasure implementation in design as per CAE and manufacturing perspective.
• Engineering feasibility support for the CAS/Class A Surfacing
• DFMEA & DVP documentation & discussion with CFT team
• Benchmarking the best practice in the market
• B surface generation as per tooling feasibility.
• Data management using PLM system
• Leading the TTL ODC team for the daily work activity
• CFT & supplier interaction
• Project VAVE/ICR activity
• Proto & production support
• Production line issue resolution, ICA & PCA for the issues
• Prepare & update the Design guideline
Pros
Lunch n transport
Exhaustive yet fun
C.E.O. (Current Employee) –  Jamshedpur, India21 August 2016
A typical day starts at 9am. Being at the helm of affairs, its challenging and at times energy sapping. But I have learnt so much in my time here that the experience is invaluable.

Working in an SME implies that I have to work with unskilled and semi skilled workers mostly. Hence training, communication and supervision is of utmost importance. Motivating workers so that work outside their selfish interests and more as a part of an organisation is tantamount.

The hardest part is also the most enjoyable part i.e. being the C.E.O. I have to look into every aspect of the business in detail. The smallest mistake might result in irreparable damage or losses for which I become solely accountable.
Pros
Flexi time, no monotony, no bindings
Cons
Long hours, rare holidays
A very good automobile company, providing good technical experience on 4 wheel automobile
Design and Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  gujarat22 November 2016
• Developed, Designed and Drafted all the new equipment according to the unique and special need from superiors and senior designers and concept developers. I had a team of 12 design engineers working under me and I guided them during the designing process on various designing, drafting and simulation software such as AutoCAD, Pro-E, and Creo
• Corrected any errors remaining and provided input during the phase of new concept development new hypothesized part and new automobile assembly plan development.
• Discussed the feasibility of the new product and its design with general managers, concept developers, designing team and production manager
• Responsible for making changes and alterations on the already developed design for the more accurate performance of the part taking into consideration the Lean Manufacturing aspect in lessening the cost and production lead time , I also had to test the feasibility of the design without manufacturing or fabricating the prototype over simulation software
Pros
good salary
Cons
complex work environment
For career growth
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra27 September 2016
Good working environment but wants to change for career growth. Low salary as per market rates to learn more and more and hard work in new organisation systems
very productive
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  india30 August 2016
working atmosphere is good with good communication co workers working around
management was very supportive on the projects that was performed and submitted
Pros
lunch allowances
fun work place
Maintenance engineer, gear factory, machine shop (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra18 August 2016
nice work culture,management,we can gain lot of knwoledge at all respective field.very friendly enviroment between workers and staff.happy with worked in compnylike tata motors.
Pros
service of canteen and bus is nice
Cons
job guarantee is less
Engineering & Project are my area of interest
Head Central Planning (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, Jharkhand28 August 2016
Like to work as Head of any project, Quality Management Function or manufacturing set up in the capacity of CEO, President or MD.
I enjoy working with people. I don't like long hours of work.