Tata Motors

• Salary/Benefits
Business Planning Profile
Manager (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJune 12, 2014
1.Preparation of Budget & Mid Term Review (MTR), MIS reports
a)Revenue Budget compilation, Monthly Profit reconciliation & Detailed Profit Variance analysis w.r.t Budget/MTR and Last Year
b)Deep dive analysis and brainstorming on monthly financial results and coordinating with corporate & plant level teams for proper accounting and presentation of information/facts
c)Product Group wise profitability reporting for spare parts
d)Monitoring, controlling & target setting of the key costs to the FMCG business environment viz. Freight, Warehousing (C&F) & Publicity expenses
e)Controlling the various incentive schemes given to distributors/retailers by business

2.Pricing of Spare Parts
a)Actively involved in Pricing decisions of Spares & Aggregates in close consultation with Marketing Group
b)Being a member of Price Panel Team also responsible for negotiation of the prices of parts with Vendors

3.Partnering with Business for decision making on new projects
a)Preparing, Analysing, cost benefit analysis & impact assessment of various new business Plans/ new Projects

4.Exposure in other assignments
a)Assisted in strategy financials preparation for Commercial Vehicle Business Unit
b)Involved in Insurance Settlement Process for loss of stock in Warehouse
c)Involved in MIS automation with Internal IT consultants on BIW-SAP & Hyperion
d)Liaisoning agent for preparing Audit Committee papers
e)Responsible for aligning the structure of MIS with business requirements
well defined role along with all necessary perks
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Mumbai, IndiaJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: nothing to mention
I was working as a Manager in Sales function of Tata motors, an Indian Automobile Giant. My day used to be from 10.00-to-06.00 but during month end pressures it used to extend upto 10.00 pm.

The most important thing I learned in this company is "People Skills". I learned a lot about "Getting Work Done" from people across hierarchy. As a part of training I worked on varied projects in HR, Quality & Reliability.

I was selected here thru campus interview. Right from the Training period to placements, programme was well managed.

My co-workers were bit tricky to handle but eventually things got moving and then ended up being a co-operative team.

I was reporting to National heads. Last minute requirements used to be responsible, demanding and flawless tasks. However I wont call it as hardest but indeed kind of "Testing" part of my job.

Employees were given all sorts of stress reliever moments including birthday parties, cultural events, annual social gatherings, outbound trainings, departmental informal eat-out parties. Which was a fun thing to be a part of !
A great place to experiment and learn
Channel Sales - Assisting dealers (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APApril 20, 2014
Pros: market learning, great connections
Cons: need new products
Tata motors is great ethical and fundamental driven organization a great blend of old school and new school in planning , execution and strategies , it holds great commands in terms of people , values customer centric and culture .

My typical day starts with my daily schedule of my monthly plan for the dealership in reviewing sales , meeting with dealer sales team , understanding the objective vis achievement in sales , process , and systems .

Its been a great leaning in people , process and system management .
Management here in Tata motors in extremely supportive and helps you to experiment with in the system to try something new and drive better results.

Organization has good blend of people across age group hence there is enough to learn with in the team which motivates to share the best practices among co workers .

hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job is to keep customer across segment (Individual buyer , bulk buyer , commercial buyer & personal buyer ) happy . this is the best part of the job because in the process you develop good connect and reputation in your market .
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager to HOD - Elect & Electronics (Former Employee), India, PuneNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches, day care inside company premises.
Cons: 6 days working
1. Typical day at work starts with general admin duties, scheduling meetings, noting minutes of meeting, attending phone calls, invoices and documentation and presentation work.
2. Learned to be prompt at tasks provided.
3. Co-workers were from manufacturing engineering field and learned people.
4. The hardest part of job was presentation power point work as I was from IT background and had to discuss presentation requirements for manufacturing needs. As Iam a quick learner and attention to details, I could manage the tasks given to me.
5. As an office manager, the most enjoyable part of job was when department people looked up to me as the only source of contact for meeting the department head. Event management for company annual functions were also great fun at TATA Motors.
Job at tata motors was awesome.I was impressed by their job culture.
Diploma Engineer Trainee (Former Employee), Pantnagar, ULMay 1, 2014
Pros: free meals, free cabs, medicals, soft skill trainings
Cons: heavy physical works sometimes
Job at Tata motors was a learning experience.As it was my first job,I had some thoughts in my mind about the environment of the compony,which were nothing more than my illusions as soon as I started my first day.I learnt the team work,giving your best at pressure conditions,cooperation.Co-workers at tata were such illustrious and always motivating you through competition.As there was such a healthy environment,the pressure conditions,hardships as it might be the part of any job,seemed nothing but worth priceless professional learnings.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my boss.He was such a great mentor,wise man and a pioneer.Working under him was my privilege.
Technical Manager - Quality Assurance in NABL Accredited Metrology Lab.
Manager - QA (Metrology Lab. Technical Manager) (Current Employee), Pune, MaharashtraFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch & break fast, medical benefits, housing loan & car loan subsidy
a. Working as a Technical Manager in Metrology Lab. (NABL Accreditation Lab.) Calibration & Measurement, Hands on experience of precise Equipment’s
b. CTQ – Vendor Supplied Parts Quality Audit, to ensure that supplier provides a quality products meeting drawing/specification by driving rigorous Audit
c. Engine 5C components product audit for Critical & Major parameters
d. Inspection of Development components, Line complaint, Warranty analysis
e. Successfully Implementation of EMS – Enterprise Metrology System
f. Good understanding of Drawing and Specification, GD & T.

• Driving Calibration of All types of Instruments, Gauges & Inspection Fixtures, Slip Gauge Block and Surface Plates
• Successfully Implementation of EMS – Enterprise Metrology System
• CTQ – Vendor Supplied Parts Quality Audit, to ensure that supplier provides a quality products meeting drawing / specification by driving rigorous Audit
• Layout Inspection & Warranty complaint component Inspection
• Engine 5C Component Audit for Critical & Major Parameters on Weekly basis
Productive and learning place for a Trainee
Trainee mechanical engineer (Former Employee), Jamshedpur, JharkhandNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Free transportation, Library
Cons: As a Trainee, I got Less time to visit the entire plant
Interesting workplace with supportive guide and management. Transportation, safety and comfort facilities are provided for working employees. It was a good time to experience the making of trucks along with a number of manufacturing operations involved in it by using advanced Technology. The guides were good and my team members were too helpful to complete the Project as a teamwork. It was difficult to visit and observe the entire plant in such a short duration and I was expecting some more time to work in the company. It was too exciting to see robotic works and many advanced technology machineries on the Fabrication and assembly lines. The project work includes observation of fitments and preparing MOST Analysis sheet, which was challenging, exciting and helpful.
A Great place to work, develop and lead a balanced life
customer complaints co-ordinator (Former Employee), Chandigarh, CHJuly 13, 2015
Pros: we got free lunch on saturdays and snack on every evening.
• Extracting data from Seibel and Analytics.
• Modifying the reports in excel
• Forwarding all the complaints dump to all CSM’S, RCSM & to SHQ Bombay
• Taking follow-ups from CSM’S and Dealer’s through mail or through telephone.
• Making Tour Plan Sheet
• Modifying Audit Sheets of Dealer’s
• Making mystery calls to customer whether our dealers are doing genuine work or not at
the end of the day submitting whole day report to Regional Customer Support Manager.

Great Workplace with a great Brand Name TATA.Very good company & working environment also good.I learned never to degrade a customer. co-workers were great.
Good Culture With Proper Lifestyle
Associate Engineer (In Lean Manufacturing) (Former Employee), Lucknow, UPJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch, free buses and good office.
My responsibilities in TATA Motors Under Quality department is to Coordinate Kaizen, Audit of 5S in shop, To audit WCQ (TATA Motors production system WORLD CLASS QUALITY) in plant and to help departments to implement new initiatives related to WCQ.

Management of TATA Motors is quite old fashioned As compare to other big company's in market.

Culture of TATA is Good So i have a very good experience with all employee of TATA Motors.

Hardest Part of m job is to maintain to many Kaizens document And to help others to complete there work on time related to Kaizen and WCQ.

Most enjoyable part of my job is people involvement Because of my job i meet each type of employee From Operator to AGM. I get to work with everyone an i enjoy that.
2 years experienced in Tata motors ltd. Pune as Service Support Engineer in Quality assurance dept.
Service Support Engineer (Former Employee), Pimpri,PuneJanuary 20, 2014
- Working on new Safari Storme (SUV).
- Close monitoring of the assembly line process by audits.
- Close monitoring of daily direct run rate.
- Root cause analysis of customer issues.
- Preparation of Control plans, Checklists for new product.
- Corrective Action & Mistake proof plans for the issues identified at the development stage.
- Arranging meetings regarding various issues on line.
- Coordinating various departments like Logistics, Production, APL, ERC, ADD, and VQA etc.
- Follow up with VQA, ADD & Supplier.
- Product audit & action plan preparation.
- Establishment of critical processes on production line for new product.
- Training to the subordinates & operators about new products / process.
- Maintaining housekeeping and discipline in the department & 5S implementation
throughout the department.
Associate Engineer
Associate Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, MHSeptember 11, 2013
Working as an Associate Engineer in the Vehicle Certification Group and am responsible for ensuring effectiveness of online Vehicle Inspection taking place in the Final inspection Canopy before dispatch.
Monitoring Defect of Canopy, Shower & Drive test.
Defect Monitoring & solving through 7 QC Tools.
Responsible for daily Inspection audit.
Monitoring of daily FSO (First Shot ok) reports of Canopy, Shower and Drive test.
Ensuring Quality of incoming Vehicle & giving feedback to respective Line Engineers through proper channel for the problems received in the vehicle during on line inspection.
Customer feedback based on Inspection Audit.
Imparted training to the newly joined inspectors & allocation of work to them on a daily basis.
Successfully conducted Audits of the on line domestic & export Vehicles.
Knowledge of Drive Test the car.
Conducting Audits for paint related defects & ensuring correct fitment for Export and domestic Vehicles.
To monitor instruments, gauges & fixtures calibration as per plan.
Knowledge of 7 QC Tools
I liked to work 8 hrs per day..Every day I learned any new lesson..
Apprentice trainee (Former Employee), Lucknow, Uttar PradeshOctober 10, 2012
Pros: multiple opportunities to participate, learn, share, celebrate, & win...
a typical day at work - Not Yet
what you learned SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) preparation
on Control Plan & FMEA., Skilful Knowledge of SAP, Good Knowledge of QC Tools. Doing Projects & Improvements, etc.
management - Yes as I was placed under a Manager, therefore I learned management too.
your co-workers - I have the tendency to deal with Co-workers, thus at some stages we all worker as a team, and as a team leader I played very important role.
the hardest part of the job - To be any team leader
the most enjoyable part of the job - working in systematic way
Fun Place to work and Knowledge database
Service Engineer (Former Employee), TrivandrumJune 6, 2015
During a typical day customers would bring in their car for routine service, accident cases and some fast service cases. Changes day to day. I learned how to deal with different types of customers and people are different in nature. The management was good but they lacked in implementing timely delivery of customer cars after service. I had good co-workers, seniors over there helped me a lot. The hardest part was dealing with frustrated customers and timely delivery of customer cars. Most enjoyable part was being it an automotive field i got a great insight into engines, in-depth knowledge , see the various insides of the engine and as well as the various working and parts of a car. and moreover i was able to work in an environment i love.
Manager (Vendor Development)-PCBU:
Manager (Vendor Development) (Former Employee), Pune, MHJanuary 17, 2015
1. Selection and approval of suppliers based on their design capability, Manufacturing process, quality systems, testing & validation capabilities, and logistics and after sales service requirements.
2. Send RFQ, Quotation analysis, Cost Comparisons. Managing product costing techniques for plastic molded parts. Obtaining multiple commercial offers from suppliers, estimating product cost and recommending business case to management’s approval.
3. Carrying out Product development cycle followed by PPAP process and achieves quality in order to achieve targeted PPM level.
4. Synchronizing supplier’s product development process with the project time line. Preparing various reports through SAP/MS Office.
Oct.2006 to Jan 2008
CKD OPERATION, IB,VBE,SUPPLY CHAIN
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), PantnagarJuly 7, 2014
Typical day :-
Loading as per vanning plan , In side stuffing of all case
Learning :-
To co-ordinate all concern agencies for availability of all parts at a right time to maintain lead time of consignment disp.
Management :-
To manage with different shop head(BIW/PAINT/POWER TRAIN) to follow up shop made parts like : Engines & Bombshell.
Hardest part:-
Supply chain : availability of all parts & handover TPL all Q.A "OK" parts with in lead time.
VBE(Vehicle build Exercise):-
for all existing & new model
New CKD Business case readiness.:- follow up to TPL & IB
Current salary:- 5,12000
Expected salary :- 7,50000
Job Security : Permanent employ
Job Culture : good
Enjoyable day :- get to gather parties , birth day celebration
Fun workplace, with helpful seniors
Internship (Former Employee), Pune, MHOctober 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches and good exposure
The projects I worked on gave an educative experience of how to work on something and apply my general mechanical engineering knowledge to a field I had limited knowledge about - Sheet Metal Tools.
It also gave me a deeper knowledge about Sheet Metal Tools and its design procedures.
I was also able to help with simulation to develop a Method Plan for the production of the dies and identify probable failures before actual production. This helps to reduce the throughput time and optimize the tryout results with minimal loss of resources.
I got an opportunity to handle my own design project, while working as a part of a corporate team.
Opportunity to learn a lot and to implement on projects.
Sr.Design Engineer. (Current Employee), Pune (India).September 3, 2012
Pros: free lunch and transportation
.I really enjoy completing the tasks daily even though streched ..that makes me proud before going to bed.
.Never bothered about others whether they will support me or not but always try to be holistic.always think about co worker before taking any decision personal or professional.
.Really supportive always supportive and encouraging.
.As a team we really enjoyed our time in office and break times.
.Some times eager to finish a task and feels not well and not able to complete the task.
.Finishing my work by stretching hours makes me happy and proud of myself.

Tata motor is most valu based, expanding,cultured & most trusted brand in the world.
HR OFFICER (Current Employee), PUNE.September 10, 2013
Pros: free lunsh, snacks.
I really enjoyed with my team over more than 30 years with work. The level of enthusiasm was high. The team members really share your problems & make your life better.
The main point is that if there is any promotional activity that followed by team the organisation is always behind them.
The hardest part of my job was to work in HR division. The coverage of all MOR in my area ,their trainings,reviews & other activities were very difficult to handle.
I really enjoyed at my work by implementing new ideas, new thoughts,new processes.
Thanks.
Joined as assistant manager & risen to assistant General Manager . Worked in various departments. but mostly worked in Production & process control &
Pune as Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Pune, MHMarch 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch & transport to the company. also free medical
Experience in working in production, process control & technology departments of Aluminium foundry . Also worked for recently for around five years in these departments in GI foundry also. Recently transferred in projects department.
Worked in senior management position.
Worked on initiatives like safety, Small group activities& also Tata code of conduct( was Ethics Counsellor)
Good experience in dealing with Engineers, Supervisors as well as coworkers as worked in all three shifts
Achieving required rejection targets in foundry was the hardest part of the job
Energy conservation & controlling the process to reduce rejection was the most enjoyable job
Review for the M0 post
M0 (Former Employee), PuneJanuary 4, 2013
Do not join TATA MOTORS LTD.
bcz they have very bad reputation in the market, you really don't know when the share price of tata motors goes down so as now, and in this way you will lose your job

In simple words TATA MOTORS treats their employee (Specially M0's) like a 'condoms', once their work is finished off then you will lose your job

Orelse you have very strong influence to retain in TATA MOTORS

They simply show off their ethics, but in real life they cross all the limits of JRD TATA's ethics

If possible join for the permanent basis but don't join on contract basis (as a M0)