Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews

Financial product
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  AhmedabadJuly 24, 2017
I have learned a lot of things and knowledge from my senior and colleague. According to me, Change is necessary to everyone to enhance your skill and knowledge and for your professional and financial growth. Your organisation is a good platform where I had to learn more process.
Pros
Training
Cons
process
Great work place
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Delhi, IndiaJuly 23, 2017
It was over a decade ago, but I remember I made good friends and managers were very nice. There was enough support from the team memebers in the beginning and thus as a new commer I learnt on the job really well :)
Pros
No login logout, flexible with time
Cons
Had to pay for lunch
A good company to work with good medical benefits.
Assitant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJuly 22, 2017
A good company to work with good brand name.Work life balance depends on your job profile and department.This company provides good medical benefits to their employees and also other facilities again depends on your job profile and designation.I liked the infrastructure and ambience.They look into hygiene and cleanliness at work place.Yu can say that Standard chartered bank is employee oriented.I enjoy the Indian timings ie from 9:30-6:30 timings job though it is never 6:30 but better than UK and US shift timings.
Pros
Medical benefits
Best place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJuly 20, 2017
Best place to work..good management ..nice opportunities to grab and Learn new things. Friendly and comfortable environment to work for..feels proud to be associated with SCB
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Less paid
One large environment to work for!
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tamil NaduJuly 17, 2017
Work days are always hectic with end to end BAU activities to do and meetings to attend, there is never a dull moment. Opportunities to explore new technologies.
Pros
Medical card for all employees.
Cons
Long work hours.
A place to work learn and grow
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJuly 13, 2017
Place where the employee can learn new things both technically and functionally more about banking. Employee treated in well manner and recognized at right time
no fun working
Credit Card Division as Officer Collections (Former Employee) –  hyderbad, TelanganaJuly 12, 2017
Company is not at all friendly and unwanted presseure on employees and no growth prospects in the company, and need to work of offs and sundays as well need wait for long hours.
Pros
nil
Fun@work
LEAD CREATIVE DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Nungambakkam, Tamil NaduJuly 12, 2017
Everyday work will come.
I learn how to work Professionally.
Its a good management.
Everyday work with fun.
we are doing CSR and Engagement for our employees.
Telesales Executive (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJuly 11, 2017
For starters not a bad place to work.

Meeting targets was the most difficult part .

No proper training's.

It use to get boring calling so many people and reading from the scripts provided.
Specialist-SOPS at Scope Int
Specialist-SOPS at Scoe SCB (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJuly 5, 2017
Again an amazing experience. Great organization rather a bank to work with. Does provided an excellent platform to excel in career. Good management and great people around.

Want to know more about Standard Chartered Bank?

Ask a question
Opportunity for learning
Senior Risk Analyat (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJuly 5, 2017
Very good organization
Had learning about various skill and tools while working. Very good organization for new joiner as well as senior level.
Company that takes care of the employees and brand valuse.
Pros
Employee engagement
Cons
Limited exposure for support functions
I did not like that much
Retail Lending Officer, Mumbai (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJuly 4, 2017
I did not like the workplace, it does not possess any professionalism plus the management sucks and I hated every bit of it, I was working there forcefully.
Sales Manager (Executive Trainee) (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJuly 4, 2017
Great place to work. Pays importance to work life balance. Helps in learning and growth. Good work culture. there are other facilities given to the employees
good workplace
Senior Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJuly 3, 2017
Working with Standard Chartered Bank has been a very good experience. Most of my work life has been spent here and I think the best apart about the bank is the workplace culture.
Productive environment with good work-life balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJuly 3, 2017
Its a nice employer who takes care for the need of its employess. There is so much to learn here .Exposure to outside world is maximum as it includes dealing with several countries .Everyday will teach you something new.More adaptablity to the the new methodologies instead of sticking to the same old methods
Good culture at work
Investment Strategist (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJuly 2, 2017
Good work life balance
Supportive team and management
Good career progression
Good exposure at early stage of career
Stuck in too many processes
Technologically a little behind
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Stuck in processes
Was Not So Great
Used DataStage Manager (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJune 29, 2017
The typical day at work included developing the ETL jobs to load the data into the target tables.

The work also involved generating reports for the business users.
Pros
Friendly team members
Cons
No Flexible timings
Workplace culture
Manager -Finance (Former Employee) –  ChennaiJune 29, 2017
The work culture is good.
The job description is captured very clearly without any ambiguities. The quality of work is given more importance than the amount of work.
Productive, good work environment
Senior client care associate (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJune 28, 2017
A very good organization I've worked so far. Enjoyed and loved my job. Good management and learned many processes, got multi skilled in banking field. I've been awarded with star performer award twice continously. Got good support from the managers I've worked with. Have been played a role of a coach and have handled 3 batches. Over all, had very good experience.
Now want to try something different and new.
So, looking for non voice job.
Good Bank
Preferred Banking Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West BengalJune 28, 2017
Good Bank, as its an MNC, but the Branches work environment is not that good. The Mangers are helpful. Perks and incentive structures are very good. Process is also very good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval