Schlumberger Employee Reviews

Fun & challenging place of work
Oilfield Wireline Operator (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, IndiaSeptember 26, 2017
Shlumberger has very innovative methods of training their employees. Each day a work is a new learning experience with regards to work related to the oilfield.
Its a share holders company
Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  KakinadaSeptember 20, 2017
The company is an engineers company where in the growth is fast but not to maintenance and production guys , but still the company pays you enough to compensate that
Pros
good salary, and perks
Cons
loss in contracts results in termination of senior guys too
Great work environment
SYSTEM ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Pune, IndiaSeptember 18, 2017
So far I have enjoyed my time working here. My manager have great respect and deal very professionally.

Work is often well balanced and distributed based on your capabilities. No one is criticized for poor work but given encouragement to work better.

It is a challenging environment indeed but equally enjoyable.
Pros
Multicultural environment
Cons
limited career choices
Learn Remedial and Tools
Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraAugust 30, 2017
At Schlumberger we work towards our goals with safety as our top priority
we have a good certification program in place called the Quest
good track record has to be kept about incidents and reporting them.
evaluation at the end of the year.
Scope of work for every job has to be done.
Brief about the job is mandatory and ha s to be logged.
So accordingly Debrief after the job has to be done.
Every Job we go for we have to make a JSA for it.
Job Execution and reporting to management at daily basis.
Any change in Program has to be reported and revised copy will be sent out
End of Well summary has to be done so we learn from all experiences encountered and improve on it.
Culture is good.
The hardest part of the job when the tool fails.
When the job is going as per plan.
Pros
learning Scope
Cons
less Contracts
Very Productive Company
General Field Engineering (Former Employee) –  Kakinada, Andhra PradeshAugust 28, 2017
Very Productive Company with a highly structured fixed step learning program that helps employees to grow and learn. The workload is very heavy and the life and work balance is not easy to manage.
Work Pressure
Instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coimbatore, Tamil NaduAugust 27, 2017
Working environment and atmosphere is good. Work pressure is high and too much workload. Required good leadership and need to be support to their teams.
Company provide good lunch.
Excellent Work culture allowing you to balance between personal & professional life
Deputy Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraAugust 22, 2017
Work culture is very challenging with ever demanding clients. People are smart, well mannered and trained for their jobs. Doing it right the first time while being ethically correct is the biggest thing to be learned there. Every day typically is a busy day & demanding one.
Pros
Subsidized Lunch
Cons
Long hours with Lots of Pressure...
No Career growth in Pune-STSI
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraAugust 21, 2017
No Career growth in Pune, initial stage of employment is good. Later everyone realizes the existence of Lean management in the salary, merit increase and career growth. No technical growth or accountability. Not place for people who is passionate about technical work and career growth.
Pros
Free Lunch, snacks
Cons
No growth
100% job satisfaction & ideal workplace to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OmanJuly 21, 2017
100% job satisfaction & ideal workplace to work. Everyday new challenges, learn management skills, Motivational work place. Its very disciplined organisation.
Truly diversity valuing company
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraJuly 13, 2017
Global presence in around 85 countries allows plethora of opportunities. But oil and gas industry overall is not technology driven but is politically affected sector. And Schlumberger is also not immune to that. In good days, it is best company to work for. But in downturns be prepared for ruthless layoffs.
Workplace is too good compare to all comapnies
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Navi Mumbai, MaharashtraJune 30, 2017
I dream to work again in Schlumberger and contribute more efficiency towards organisation. there is no work pressure & work load, Manager guidance is too knowledgeable to us.
Pros
good canteen facility
Amazing place to work
Business Process Analyst, L2 Support (Current Employee) –  Pune, IndiaJune 28, 2017
Amazing place to work where you are valued and your growth is as important to the management as the growth of the company and meeting the deadlines. Management appreciates good work and always encourages to do better.
Workplace culture
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraJune 19, 2017
It is nice place to work and good work culture and balanced life.
Management is awesome and the benefits provided to employee is remarkable and most enjoyable part of the job.
Good to be the part of it once
MWD Lead Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraMay 31, 2017
Schlumberger is no doubt the best place to start with.Got everything what I have today is coz of slb.Yes tough but rewarding ,Best part is the global presence its training and worst part is its cyclical nature job.
Pros
Best training ground, good reneumeration
Cons
Tough life, cyclical business
Good Place to work
Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  hyderbad, TelanganaMay 28, 2017
The Benefit section in SAP HR management allows you to use the benefit tools for custom benefits provided by an organization to its employees. Benefits play an important role in employee retention to keep the best possible employees in a company.

Benefits Management in SAP HR is integrated with the international Payroll component. However, integration is not supported for every country version of SAP Payroll.

To use Benefits Management for a country payroll, which is not integrated, in conjunction with non-SAP payroll software or an external payroll service, you must provide your own interface for the transfer of data.
I want to work in this company beacuse i am interested in oil field and this job wil keep me happy
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraMay 16, 2017
I am interested in this company because this company will give me a very good experience and i wil gain a confidence level when i go back my hometown by next year.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Good
I. TECHINCAL CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Pune, indiaMay 13, 2017
Good company to work for.Nice learning experience. great work culture.work life balance is also good.technology stack keeps evolving need time to catch-up but fun experience.
Workplace Culture
Enovia PLM Application Support (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraMay 12, 2017
Schlumberger is one of the companies where you have perfect work-life balance. Management listens to everyone and try to fix the issues. Ambience is quite good.
Pros
Free lunches, Perties
Cons
Increments are quite bad
Global Service Quality with worldwide opportunities
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barmer, RajasthanMay 4, 2017
When I've stepped in Schlumberger, I was having less knowledge about Oil & Gas sector, after regular support from management with job oriented training programs, my skills got enhanced.
Pros
Global opportunities and worldwide career prospects
Cons
Ready to relocate which no one can imagine
productive workplace
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  nerul navi mumbaiMarch 22, 2017
Schlumberger is an OIL & Gas company. Its very professional / employee friendly company. I had a very good / joyful experience working with schlumberger.