NTPC Employee Reviews

Highly Productive but Coservative and cutious
General Manager-SBU Head (Current Employee) –  New DelhiAugust 30, 2012
Very Fine systems, but approach of the top and decision makers is very conservative and over cautious. Situation 'like throwing the baby with bath tub' is also faced though rarely. But, often diluted version of bold proposals and solutions get through the 'snake & ladder' type middle level managers groomed with the 'over cautiousness'. Although most senior managers are bold owners of the processes but the top is often found short of the steel that is required.
The fine systems, the 'bold owners'of processes, quality concious culture and the practice of intense monitoring and tight targets has been keeping the company at the top.
Pros
intense filtration and churning which discards the froth, 2)wide consultative style but marred with autocratic tendencies, 3)flexible in finding solutions with go getter styles but ingunity discouraged by top
Cons
innovation either do not get off the drawing board or they are led to premature and undeserved death, 2) rigitity in styles, 3) very reluctant and difficult unlearning in progressing with change management
There is lots of things to learn and I participated in the shut down process of power plant.So it is more fun with lots of knowledge.
Intern Student (Former Employee) –  Surat, GJMarch 13, 2015
In both industry I was going on site with an engineer to see how they fix the problem occured in a plant.The staff was very friendly.I was in Instrumentation and Control department.even the technician was very kind and friendly.In KRIBHCO, I was in different plants for few days to learn and know about the whole process of production.I learned a lot and I met lots of people in this plant who have expertise in particular field.The hardest part of the job is when some serious problem occurs and all are busy to fix it and the engineers cant leave the plant until the problem is fixed though their office hours get over.I enjoyed the most during shut down process in NTPC.because i went inside the gas turbine and steam turbine and I was observing how they r doing maintenance.That was my most enjoyable part because to participate in shut down process was the first part of my life.
Pros
the lunch were free and the ambience of kribhco was amazing.
Cons
no cellphones were allowed in both company.
Generation and transmission system
Graduate Apprentice Trainee (Current Employee) –  VisakhapatnamSeptember 24, 2014
It is a Maharatna company having 4 units each of 500 MW delivers 1850 MW to AP Grid and 150 MW to the Central Govt. Unit 4 is under overhauling, where i had an brief idea of excitation process, cooling system in generator, how is the steam inlet process to turbine, process from coal handling plant to boiler furnace, why turbine driven boiler feed water pumps are used and baaring process i. e. initial starting of unit. I have learned how the new cable is tested and how the entire process is going on. Management provides all the required facilities for the process of learning. Myself and my batch mates will share the knowledge of what we learned that day. The hardest part is identifying the fault where an individual knowledge gets improved. The most enjoyable part is learning the things which i don`t know.
Challenging .
DGM OPERATION (Current Employee) –  TALCHER KANIHA,ANGUL DISTRICT ODISHA.January 8, 2016
Challenging and managing.
Working as shift charged engineer needs to look after the dc/sg and frequent communication with other depts. For geeting the job done which is affecting the generation.
Learnt a lot about power plant generation and about commercial aspects regarding power plant generation.
Being psu we need to have good manpower manegement as we need handle people with different level of skills and understanding.
Pros
GOOD MEDICAL FACILITY.
Cons
BEING A LARGE ORGANISATION, PEOPLE OFTEN GET LOST IN THE CROWD.SOME KIND OF IDENTITY CRISIS.
Good work culture
Vocational Trainee (Former Employee) –  Bhagalpur, BRDecember 20, 2013
It was a good experience doing my internship in NTPC.Learned about the working of power plant and the processed involved in the plant.The company has a hierarchical management structure.My colleagues were very co-operative.The hardest part of the job was to go around the vast plant area and reporting to the respective trainers assigned.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning part and getting to know about the latest technologies used in a process industry.
Pros
free training
Cons
no transport facilities
Productive and work life balance
(RGCCP) - Dy. General Manager (Former Employee) –  KayamkulamFebruary 1, 2015
Work pressure is not too much however accountability and job responsibilities are quite high.
I have learnt a lot over the period of 35 years
All my co-workers supported me in executing the job, there was a proper team spirit
The hardest part was during shut down which happens once in 2 months
The most enjoyable part of my job was work life balance, I never missed any event in my family and I always completed my tasks at work
Pros
lots of free goodies
Cons
have not felt anything in the past 35 years
Productive and fun workplace
Chemist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Talcher, ORMarch 20, 2014
One day while i am in working and first time handle of operating the chlorine gas was leaked out which was most dangerous in that day for me.
After chlorine gas was leaked out,from that day i working in every position safely and carefully handled.
My management is very helpful to me.
My co-workers also helpful to me and very supportive.
No hardest part of my job.
When my analysis result gives good i.e the enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
free launches
Cons
fun workplace and i have learned a lot
HR (Former Employee) –  UNCHAHARFebruary 12, 2013
I works as a trainee in NTPC for 2 months and i found that the atmosphere of an organization was good and all the employees were having a mutual understanding with their workers , co-workers and also with the organization . The management helped me a lot at the time of training and i have learned that how to recruit , how to maintain data records .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
i didn't found any cons
Technical Discussions in a healthy professional world
Executive Engineer (Operations) (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, IndiaJanuary 19, 2013
I liked the mindset of people. Their dedication and zeal towards getting things right. I believe in equal opportunities for everyone. I do my work with full efforts and like to keep moving forward. I believe in mutually progressive association of the employer and the employee
awesome working environment
Industrial Training (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, APJune 25, 2014
the day starts with the listing of the emergencies needed to be attende by my guide. these faults are cleared one by one and during these supervision we get aware of the things and equipment.
the most interesting part is the knowledge sharing and reporting the daily information regarding the project taken
Enjoyed Independent charge for taking immediate decessions
Major Elect Installations/Captive Rlway sys (Former Employee) –  Korba, CTJuly 13, 2013
Team work achieved due to continuous monitoring of work force. More firefighting than preventive actions.
Some times I have to forgot my meals
Pros
subsidised power tariff at home. secured townships
Cons
long hours but worth staying
work with more enthusiasm
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ramaguda, APOctober 1, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to know the new people.
Pros
Free accomodation
Cons
work stress
productive and fun workplace
Project "EMPLOYEE SATISFACTION (Former Employee) –  UPDecember 5, 2013
NTPC is a good company, where i have learn numbers of thing. The management of company is good. A Company production is also good. And also company motivate there workers, which results in profitbility .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
cab was not provided
Productive & fun time to learn here
Internship (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DLSeptember 5, 2013
Productive work
effective learning process
People are very easy to go with
I learned office culture, behavior & Values
Complete Management
Unity in diversity
whole internship was fun & Learning time for me
Pros
complete atmosphere of work place
fun and productive workplace
Trainee Engineer (Former Employee) –  Noida, UPJune 30, 2014
systematic day, great co workers, learned a lot like how to manage things, maintain files, use of special softwares for testing and other equipments. learnt about guages and other measuring instruments.
Pros
government job
Cons
food and transport
Very much Operational skills
Additional General Manager (Current Employee) –  Korba,ChattisgarhMarch 29, 2013
NTPC is expert in firefighting. Works hard in bringing the units during crisis. Has got very good Human resources management. All the co-workers are very coperative and likes team working.
Cons
during breakdowns and accidents
a leading and good company.
Diploma Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) –  Bijpur, uttar pradeshSeptember 8, 2015
Typical day was when I waited for a worker after my official timing for more then 4 hours.I gained lot of knowledge technically. The management and the co-workers were really supportive. I enjoyed working there very much.
many activities
computer Operator (Current Employee) –  NoidaNovember 7, 2012
I am working here as a computer operator. I learn office management & administration. My co - workers are very co-pretive.Starting time of this job & handling Marketing persons of Hospital is very hardest part of job.I am most enjoy of my job.
productive and fun place
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Faridabad, HRMarch 31, 2015
i learnt here about the control systems and instrumentation. it was a productive internship. i also learnt about the power generation and distribution. the internal management of NTPC is very efficient and productive.
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Noida, UPJuly 1, 2014
My training period at NTPC was excellent. From management to surrounding , everything had a positive attitude. The trainers were very co-operative and helped whenever needed. It has nice canteens and the food quality was good.

4.4