NTPC Employee Reviews

Its difficult to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bilaspur, Himachal PradeshMarch 3, 2016
I am finding myself too studious in this company. Its totally because I learned to work more than talk. I am fit for high work load at higher management position. I work more than the payment made by the company. I am not happy here.
Pros
Get fixed salary in time, permanent jab
Cons
Too much talking and news making by colleagues
Excellent
Senior Manager (Corporate Contracts) (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar PradeshFebruary 20, 2016
Fine work life balance, well laid systems and procedures, long hierarchy, helpful coworkers, very good work culture, salary is comparatively lesser but post retirement benefits are huge.
Pros
job security
Cons
less exposure
Good salary/benefits, job security, good culture and management but poor work- life balance
AGM OPERATION (Former Employee) –  UTTAR PRADESH AND WEST BENGALJanuary 10, 2016
Professionally managed, ample carrier advancement oppurtunity, handsome salary and benefits, good learning oppurtunity but locations are very remote with poor educational and medical facilities.
Pros
UNLIMITED MEDICAL FACILITIES FOR TREATMENTFOR SELF, SPOUSE, CHILDREN AND PARENTS
Cons
STRICT LEAVE REGULATION, NOT SO TRANSPARENT PROMOTION AND TRANSFER POLICY
Quality productivity and fun workplace
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nabinagar, BiharAugust 29, 2016
One day while unloading a 1100 NB pipe at site from trailer. A pipe rolled down over a standing motor bike and damaged it. The angry bike owner gathered the villagers and asked for a new bike. we agreed for the repairing cost but he decline. So, at last we paid him for the new bike.
Often we faced hindrance by the natives for their own reasons but we together used to solve the matter in a decent way.
The best part of my job was that even after some up and down it was like a picnic with my fellow workers.
All my experiences taught me that every project is a beginning for the betterment of an employee.
Very Satisfactory
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Solapur, MaharashtraMarch 26, 2016
- Jobs are well assigned and discussed
- Various opportunities of learning available for a person who has hunger to learn. I learn managing teams, interacting and managing relations with external/internal audit and other regulatory departments
- Management involves and encourages employees to contribute and always open to consider innovative ideas
- Co-Workers are very supportive. You are given ample opportunities to learn and work without any pressure.
- Tough part is that same increment each year and having virtually no difference in the monetary appreciation of every employee
- Learning environment is the most enjoyable part
A conducive corporation to grow with
AGM (Current Employee) –  JoshimathJuly 1, 2016
Every day you go back home feeling you have done something.
Working in team helps you and co grow. Management as a coach is more effective. A nice aspect is to have cosmopolitan mix of work force. Even hardest nuts crack.One feels best when your ideas are not stifled but given a consideration.
Pros
Healthy mix of work and fun.
Cons
Too flexible at times.
Good employement and work learning place.
Graduate Apprenticeship Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  VishakapatanamAugust 7, 2016
The communication between the managing and the workers is very good. Safety precautions is given prior importance. Production rate is very high. Training period for new hires gives more knowledge to learn.
Pros
Free lunch
Good working culture
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hazaribagh, JharkhandFebruary 12, 2016
Learned how to work in a company with fun executives were highly cooperative management also and it is the earliest and the best career experience of my life
site engineering
Junior Engineer (Civil) (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiJune 20, 2016
typical day at work
good experience work in present company
working at thermal power plant
good management
nice team work at workplace
at the time of chimney construction
at the time of alignment of TG bolts and concrete
NTPC a maharatna company
Vocational Trainee (Former Employee) –  shaktinagar u.pAugust 20, 2016
i have learned a lot of things like about switch yard , switch gear and alternator , safety , workshop etc
i also learned that how a power plant works.
interesting place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshAugust 6, 2016
got good practical knowledge on how a thermal power plant works and clearly observed all elements of a TPP like the boiler, coal belts and storage tanks, turbines...
No Comment About Work
Maintainence Engg (Former Employee) –  Muzaffarpur, BiharJune 19, 2016
Friendly and Seriously Work done Properly on time.
But at this company forward cast are 99 percent more than backward cast.they dont want that backward person work there.
Pros
free bus services
Cons
naturally
Job security,Good Salary
Head of the Department (Current Employee) –  Singrauli, Madhya PradeshMay 19, 2016
Excellent Benefits and overall good place to work for learning and gaining experience at entry levels.
However, the remoteness of the locations shine away the enthusiasm.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
remote locations
Productive and very comfortable work area
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farakka, West BengalApril 9, 2016
I am very proud that I have worked in ntpc limited farakka because ntpc is a maharatna company and best employer in india and it is a learning concern through which I have learnt various kinds of office administration work including employee service, employee benefit and employee development.
fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Uttar PradeshApril 18, 2016
boiler & turbine maintenance department in basic knowledge. this organization is very good .this organization employee very helping & very knowledge, management also good. my vocational training in very important and knowledge in career.
Challenging .
DGM OPERATION (Current Employee) –  TALCHER KANIHA,ANGUL DISTRICT ODISHA.January 8, 2016
Challenging and managing.
Working as shift charged engineer needs to look after the dc/sg and frequent communication with other depts. For geeting the job done which is affecting the generation.
Learnt a lot about power plant generation and about commercial aspects regarding power plant generation.
Being psu we need to have good manpower manegement as we need handle people with different level of skills and understanding.
Pros
GOOD MEDICAL FACILITY.
Cons
BEING A LARGE ORGANISATION, PEOPLE OFTEN GET LOST IN THE CROWD.SOME KIND OF IDENTITY CRISIS.
It has great working culture. encourages innovations very cooperative working culture
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  New delhi , indiaJanuary 4, 2016
It has great working culture.
encourages innovations
very cooperative working culture
enchance the proper growth of each and every employee .
Nice place to work in
Project Trainee (Former Employee) –  Patna, IndiaApril 3, 2015
Really good company to start your career. Good salary, lots of compensation and perks. Work environment is good. Its good for students from electrical and mechanical engineering background.
work with more enthusiasm
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ramaguda, APOctober 1, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to know the new people.
Pros
Free accomodation
Cons
work stress
Fun and learning alot
Internship (Former Employee) –  Badarpur, ASNovember 29, 2015
In this I was a trainee.i was learnt alots through seniors.and also see many heavy equipments and cooperative with workers for learning work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short hours

4.4