NTPC

NTPC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learnt much about human resource
Human Resource (Former Employee), Patna, BRMay 9, 2015
Work Environment is good
Learnt cores of HR and On my Topic "Performance Appraisal Management"
Whole Working environment is good
NTPC is a thermal power plant
trainee (Former Employee), Chennai, TNApril 6, 2015
i have been there for only 1 month.it was an central govt of india enterprise.its a big power plant.they are making around 1500 mw of electricity .
Nice place to work in
Project Trainee (Former Employee), Patna, IndiaApril 3, 2015
Really good company to start your career. Good salary, lots of compensation and perks. Work environment is good. Its good for students from electrical and mechanical engineering background.
productive and fun place
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Faridabad, HRMarch 31, 2015
i learnt here about the control systems and instrumentation. it was a productive internship. i also learnt about the power generation and distribution. the internal management of NTPC is very efficient and productive.
There is lots of things to learn and I participated in the shut down process of power plant.So it is more fun with lots of knowledge.
Intern Student (Former Employee), Surat, GJMarch 13, 2015
Pros: the lunch were free and the ambience of kribhco was amazing.
Cons: no cellphones were allowed in both company.
In both industry I was going on site with an engineer to see how they fix the problem occured in a plant.The staff was very friendly.I was in Instrumentation and Control department.even the technician was very kind and friendly.In KRIBHCO, I was in different plants for few days to learn and know about the whole process of production.I learned a lot and I met lots of people in this plant who have expertise in particular field.The hardest part of the job is when some serious problem occurs and all are busy to fix it and the engineers cant leave the plant until the problem is fixed though their office hours get over.I enjoyed the most during shut down process in NTPC.because i went inside the gas turbine and steam turbine and I was observing how they r doing maintenance.That was my most enjoyable part because to participate in shut down process was the first part of my life.
Productive and work life balance
(RGCCP) - Dy. General Manager (Former Employee), KayamkulamFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: lots of free goodies
Cons: have not felt anything in the past 35 years
Work pressure is not too much however accountability and job responsibilities are quite high.
I have learnt a lot over the period of 35 years
All my co-workers supported me in executing the job, there was a proper team spirit
The hardest part was during shut down which happens once in 2 months
The most enjoyable part of my job was work life balance, I never missed any event in my family and I always completed my tasks at work
Generation and transmission system
Graduate Apprentice Trainee (Current Employee), VisakhapatnamSeptember 24, 2014
It is a Maharatna company having 4 units each of 500 MW delivers 1850 MW to AP Grid and 150 MW to the Central Govt. Unit 4 is under overhauling, where i had an brief idea of excitation process, cooling system in generator, how is the steam inlet process to turbine, process from coal handling plant to boiler furnace, why turbine driven boiler feed water pumps are used and baaring process i. e. initial starting of unit. I have learned how the new cable is tested and how the entire process is going on. Management provides all the required facilities for the process of learning. Myself and my batch mates will share the knowledge of what we learned that day. The hardest part is identifying the fault where an individual knowledge gets improved. The most enjoyable part is learning the things which i don`t know.
not so gud
Supervisor (Current Employee), Surat, GJAugust 10, 2014
i am work in under contact company.......so its helpful to learn something.
People Soft Operator
ERP (PeopleSoft) Trainer (Former Employee), UPJuly 15, 2014
Worked as as People Soft (ERP) trainers.

1) Trained up all NTPC employee in People Soft operator.

2) Update all employee data on ERP system
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Auraiya, UPJuly 6, 2014
Cons: no payment for overtime, remote location
POWER PLANT MAINTENANCE JOB IS A 24 HOUR JOB. ONLY YOU GOT TO LEARN NEW NEW ASPECT OF JOB WHILE WORKING IN ODD HOURS. THIS IS THE EXPERIENCE OF POWER PLANT.
Trainee (Former Employee), Noida, UPJuly 1, 2014
My training period at NTPC was excellent. From management to surrounding , everything had a positive attitude. The trainers were very co-operative and helped whenever needed. It has nice canteens and the food quality was good.
fun and productive workplace
Trainee Engineer (Former Employee), Noida, UPJune 30, 2014
Pros: government job
Cons: food and transport
systematic day, great co workers, learned a lot like how to manage things, maintain files, use of special softwares for testing and other equipments. learnt about guages and other measuring instruments.
awesome working environment
Industrial Training (Former Employee), Visakhapatnam, APJune 25, 2014
the day starts with the listing of the emergencies needed to be attende by my guide. these faults are cleared one by one and during these supervision we get aware of the things and equipment.
the most interesting part is the knowledge sharing and reporting the daily information regarding the project taken
working Hard
Vocational Trainee (Former Employee), Nabinagar, BRMay 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
I can manage myself in any situation... forward to achieve the goal
A nice place
Manager (Current Employee), Ratnagiri,NaharashtraMay 12, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: poor man-management
NTPC is a good organisation with a good work-life balance.It provides ample oppurtunities for learning and career development.
Productive and Working enviorment
Store Officer (Current Employee), Solapur, MHMay 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch
•Nice day at work and have lot of new things to learn
1. Management to do big job with team.
2. Nice paper work about job.
3. Time maintanance.
4. decipline.
Productive and fun workplace
Chemist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Talcher, ORMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free launches
Cons: long hours
One day while i am in working and first time handle of operating the chlorine gas was leaked out which was most dangerous in that day for me.
After chlorine gas was leaked out,from that day i working in every position safely and carefully handled.
My management is very helpful to me.
My co-workers also helpful to me and very supportive.
No hardest part of my job.
When my analysis result gives good i.e the enjoyable part of the job.
Project
Employee Welfare & Safety Measures. Company Name (Former Employee), Ramagundam, Karimnagar, APFebruary 18, 2014
nice organisation, nice culture. have a dream to work with this organisation
SYSTEM AND POLICIES DRIVEN WORKPLACE
MANAGER(F) (Current Employee), 7 YEARS WORKED IN MUMBAI, PRESENTLY AT TALCHERJanuary 27, 2014
IN AN INTEGRATED SYSTEM LIKE SAP, ACCOUNTING PART IS TAKEN CARE BY THE SYSTEM. TO A LARGE EXTENT CONTROL PART IS ALSO DONE BY SYSTEM.MANAGEMENT IS THE MAJOR PART OF THE WORK SCHEDULE.
good organisation
Internship (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLJanuary 10, 2014
-good management
-employers should be less lax
-very educative internship at NTPC