NTPC Employee Reviews

Quality productivity and fun workplace
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nabinagar, Bihar29 August 2016
One day while unloading a 1100 NB pipe at site from trailer. A pipe rolled down over a standing motor bike and damaged it. The angry bike owner gathered the villagers and asked for a new bike. we agreed for the repairing cost but he decline. So, at last we paid him for the new bike.
Often we faced hindrance by the natives for their own reasons but we together used to solve the matter in a decent way.
The best part of my job was that even after some up and down it was like a picnic with my fellow workers.
All my experiences taught me that every project is a beginning for the betterment of an employee.
A good place for engineer
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Patna, India13 November 2016
NTPC is a Maharatna Public Sector company and you can find many talented people around specially in technical arena. Plant township is well developed but location is remote.
Pros
Job Security, better Job work/ personal life balance
Cons
Management is not very efficient, Training process need to be streamlined
A really challeneging Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rihand Nagar28 October 2016
Working in NTPC is a really challenging Job .As in Plant maintenance you have to be ready 24x7 for any breakdown.A dedicated approach towards plant operation and maintenance is required in My Job.
Pros
Government Organisation
Cons
Remote Location and Less Salary
A conducive corporation to grow with
AGM (Current Employee) –  Joshimath1 July 2016
Every day you go back home feeling you have done something.
Working in team helps you and co grow. Management as a coach is more effective. A nice aspect is to have cosmopolitan mix of work force. Even hardest nuts crack.One feels best when your ideas are not stifled but given a consideration.
Pros
Healthy mix of work and fun.
Cons
Too flexible at times.
Good employement and work learning place.
Graduate Apprenticeship Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Vishakapatanam7 August 2016
The communication between the managing and the workers is very good. Safety precautions is given prior importance. Production rate is very high. Training period for new hires gives more knowledge to learn.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Control room operate and side work operating.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maharashtra23 September 2016
At control room system handling, at site operator work as like wagon trippler, bunker tripper,stacker-reclaimer, tp checking. Office work (contract bills), supervision on workers.
Pros
FREE LUNCHES, SNACKS, ETC
Cons
HEALTHCARE
awesome work experience
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Korba, Chhattisgarh29 September 2016
in my 30years of experience i really said that an awesome life experience i got
National thermal Power corporation situated at Korba
Urja City
site engineering
Junior Engineer (Civil) (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, Delhi20 June 2016
typical day at work
good experience work in present company
working at thermal power plant
good management
nice team work at workplace
at the time of chimney construction
at the time of alignment of TG bolts and concrete
Very Satisfactory
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Solapur, Maharashtra26 March 2016
- Jobs are well assigned and discussed
- Various opportunities of learning available for a person who has hunger to learn. I learn managing teams, interacting and managing relations with external/internal audit and other regulatory departments
- Management involves and encourages employees to contribute and always open to consider innovative ideas
- Co-Workers are very supportive. You are given ample opportunities to learn and work without any pressure.
- Tough part is that same increment each year and having virtually no difference in the monetary appreciation of every employee
- Learning environment is the most enjoyable part
NTPC a maharatna company
Vocational Trainee (Former Employee) –  shaktinagar u.p20 August 2016
i have learned a lot of things like about switch yard , switch gear and alternator , safety , workshop etc
i also learned that how a power plant works.
Productive and very comfortable work area
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farakka, West Bengal9 April 2016
I am very proud that I have worked in ntpc limited farakka because ntpc is a maharatna company and best employer in india and it is a learning concern through which I have learnt various kinds of office administration work including employee service, employee benefit and employee development.
No Comment About Work
Maintainence Engg (Former Employee) –  Muzaffarpur, Bihar19 June 2016
Friendly and Seriously Work done Properly on time.
But at this company forward cast are 99 percent more than backward cast.they dont want that backward person work there.
Pros
free bus services
Cons
naturally
interesting place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh6 August 2016
got good practical knowledge on how a thermal power plant works and clearly observed all elements of a TPP like the boiler, coal belts and storage tanks, turbines...
Job security,Good Salary
Head of the Department (Current Employee) –  Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh19 May 2016
Excellent Benefits and overall good place to work for learning and gaining experience at entry levels.
However, the remoteness of the locations shine away the enthusiasm.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
remote locations
fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Uttar Pradesh18 April 2016
boiler & turbine maintenance department in basic knowledge. this organization is very good .this organization employee very helping & very knowledge, management also good. my vocational training in very important and knowledge in career.
Its difficult to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh3 March 2016
I am finding myself too studious in this company. Its totally because I learned to work more than talk. I am fit for high work load at higher management position. I work more than the payment made by the company. I am not happy here.
Pros
Get fixed salary in time, permanent jab
Cons
Too much talking and news making by colleagues
Good salary/benefits, job security, good culture and management but poor work- life balance
AGM OPERATION (Former Employee) –  UTTAR PRADESH AND WEST BENGAL10 January 2016
Professionally managed, ample carrier advancement oppurtunity, handsome salary and benefits, good learning oppurtunity but locations are very remote with poor educational and medical facilities.
Pros
UNLIMITED MEDICAL FACILITIES FOR TREATMENTFOR SELF, SPOUSE, CHILDREN AND PARENTS
Cons
STRICT LEAVE REGULATION, NOT SO TRANSPARENT PROMOTION AND TRANSFER POLICY
Challenging .
DGM OPERATION (Current Employee) –  TALCHER KANIHA,ANGUL DISTRICT ODISHA.8 January 2016
Challenging and managing.
Working as shift charged engineer needs to look after the dc/sg and frequent communication with other depts. For geeting the job done which is affecting the generation.
Learnt a lot about power plant generation and about commercial aspects regarding power plant generation.
Being psu we need to have good manpower manegement as we need handle people with different level of skills and understanding.
Pros
GOOD MEDICAL FACILITY.
Cons
BEING A LARGE ORGANISATION, PEOPLE OFTEN GET LOST IN THE CROWD.SOME KIND OF IDENTITY CRISIS.
Excellent
Senior Manager (Corporate Contracts) (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh20 February 2016
Fine work life balance, well laid systems and procedures, long hierarchy, helpful coworkers, very good work culture, salary is comparatively lesser but post retirement benefits are huge.
Pros
job security
Cons
less exposure
Good working culture
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hazaribagh, Jharkhand12 February 2016
Learned how to work in a company with fun executives were highly cooperative management also and it is the earliest and the best career experience of my life

4.4