NTPC Employee Reviews in India

• Salary/Benefits
Job security,Good Salary
Head of the Department (Current Employee), Singrauli, Madhya PradeshMay 19, 2016
Pros: good place to work
Cons: remote locations
Excellent Benefits and overall good place to work for learning and gaining experience at entry levels.
However, the remoteness of the locations shine away the enthusiasm.
Productive and very comfortable work area
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Farakka, West BengalApril 9, 2016
I am very proud that I have worked in ntpc limited farakka because ntpc is a maharatna company and best employer in india and it is a learning concern through which I have learnt various kinds of office administration work including employee service, employee benefit and employee development.
Very Satisfactory
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Solapur, MaharashtraMarch 26, 2016
- Jobs are well assigned and discussed
- Various opportunities of learning available for a person who has hunger to learn. I learn managing teams, interacting and managing relations with external/internal audit and other regulatory departments
- Management involves and encourages employees to contribute and always open to consider innovative ideas
- Co-Workers are very supportive. You are given ample opportunities to learn and work without any pressure.
- Tough part is that same increment each year and having virtually no difference in the monetary appreciation of every employee
- Learning environment is the most enjoyable part
Its difficult to work
Manager (Current Employee), Bilaspur, Himachal PradeshMarch 3, 2016
Pros: Get fixed salary in time, permanent jab
Cons: Too much talking and news making by colleagues
I am finding myself too studious in this company. Its totally because I learned to work more than talk. I am fit for high work load at higher management position. I work more than the payment made by the company. I am not happy here.
Excellent
Senior Manager (Corporate Contracts) (Former Employee), Noida, Uttar PradeshFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: job security
Cons: less exposure
Fine work life balance, well laid systems and procedures, long hierarchy, helpful coworkers, very good work culture, salary is comparatively lesser but post retirement benefits are huge.
Good working culture
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Hazaribagh, JharkhandFebruary 12, 2016
Learned how to work in a company with fun executives were highly cooperative management also and it is the earliest and the best career experience of my life
Good salary/benefits, job security, good culture and management but poor work- life balance
AGM OPERATION (Former Employee), UTTAR PRADESH AND WEST BENGALJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: UNLIMITED MEDICAL FACILITIES FOR TREATMENTFOR SELF, SPOUSE, CHILDREN AND PARENTS
Cons: STRICT LEAVE REGULATION, NOT SO TRANSPARENT PROMOTION AND TRANSFER POLICY
Professionally managed, ample carrier advancement oppurtunity, handsome salary and benefits, good learning oppurtunity but locations are very remote with poor educational and medical facilities.
Challenging .
DGM OPERATION (Current Employee), TALCHER KANIHA,ANGUL DISTRICT ODISHA.January 8, 2016
Pros: GOOD MEDICAL FACILITY.
Cons: BEING A LARGE ORGANISATION, PEOPLE OFTEN GET LOST IN THE CROWD.SOME KIND OF IDENTITY CRISIS.
Challenging and managing.
Working as shift charged engineer needs to look after the dc/sg and frequent communication with other depts. For geeting the job done which is affecting the generation.
Learnt a lot about power plant generation and about commercial aspects regarding power plant generation.
Being psu we need to have good manpower manegement as we need handle people with different level of skills and understanding.
It has great working culture. encourages innovations very cooperative working culture
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), New delhi , indiaJanuary 4, 2016
It has great working culture.
encourages innovations
very cooperative working culture
enchance the proper growth of each and every employee .
Fun and learning alot
Internship (Former Employee), Badarpur, ASNovember 29, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: short hours
In this I was a trainee.i was learnt alots through seniors.and also see many heavy equipments and cooperative with workers for learning work.
work with more enthusiasm
Internship (Former Employee), Ramaguda, APOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Free accomodation
Cons: work stress
Fun work place with supportive management.The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to know the new people.
productive workplace
Internship (Former Employee), kahalgaonSeptember 29, 2015
very productive and learning environment was provided to the interns, supportive mentors and highly qualified professionals, creative work culture and exceptionally motivated employees.
a leading and good company.
Diploma Engineer Trainee (Former Employee), Bijpur, uttar pradeshSeptember 8, 2015
Typical day was when I waited for a worker after my official timing for more then 4 hours.I gained lot of knowledge technically. The management and the co-workers were really supportive. I enjoyed working there very much.
a grt place to work
sr specialist/acmo/deputy general manager (Current Employee), Jhajjar, HRJuly 12, 2015
Cons: limitation for drs
attend morning/evening opd inpts emergeny activities
meetings
trainings self interecting with all class of eployees
Learnt much about human resource
Human Resource (Former Employee), Patna, BRMay 9, 2015
Work Environment is good
Learnt cores of HR and On my Topic "Performance Appraisal Management"
Whole Working environment is good
NTPC is a thermal power plant
trainee (Former Employee), Chennai, TNApril 6, 2015
i have been there for only 1 month.it was an central govt of india enterprise.its a big power plant.they are making around 1500 mw of electricity .
Nice place to work in
Project Trainee (Former Employee), Patna, IndiaApril 3, 2015
Really good company to start your career. Good salary, lots of compensation and perks. Work environment is good. Its good for students from electrical and mechanical engineering background.
productive and fun place
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Faridabad, HRMarch 31, 2015
i learnt here about the control systems and instrumentation. it was a productive internship. i also learnt about the power generation and distribution. the internal management of NTPC is very efficient and productive.
There is lots of things to learn and I participated in the shut down process of power plant.So it is more fun with lots of knowledge.
Intern Student (Former Employee), Surat, GJMarch 13, 2015
Pros: the lunch were free and the ambience of kribhco was amazing.
Cons: no cellphones were allowed in both company.
In both industry I was going on site with an engineer to see how they fix the problem occured in a plant.The staff was very friendly.I was in Instrumentation and Control department.even the technician was very kind and friendly.In KRIBHCO, I was in different plants for few days to learn and know about the whole process of production.I learned a lot and I met lots of people in this plant who have expertise in particular field.The hardest part of the job is when some serious problem occurs and all are busy to fix it and the engineers cant leave the plant until the problem is fixed though their office hours get over.I enjoyed the most during shut down process in NTPC.because i went inside the gas turbine and steam turbine and I was observing how they r doing maintenance.That was my most enjoyable part because to participate in shut down process was the first part of my life.
Productive and work life balance
(RGCCP) - Dy. General Manager (Former Employee), KayamkulamFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: lots of free goodies
Cons: have not felt anything in the past 35 years
Work pressure is not too much however accountability and job responsibilities are quite high.
I have learnt a lot over the period of 35 years
All my co-workers supported me in executing the job, there was a proper team spirit
The hardest part was during shut down which happens once in 2 months
The most enjoyable part of my job was work life balance, I never missed any event in my family and I always completed my tasks at work