NTPC Employee Reviews in India

Excellent
Senior Manager (Corporate Contracts) (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar PradeshFebruary 20, 2016
Fine work life balance, well laid systems and procedures, long hierarchy, helpful coworkers, very good work culture, salary is comparatively lesser but post retirement benefits are huge.
Pros
job security
Cons
less exposure
Its difficult to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bilaspur, Himachal PradeshMarch 3, 2016
I am finding myself too studious in this company. Its totally because I learned to work more than talk. I am fit for high work load at higher management position. I work more than the payment made by the company. I am not happy here.
Pros
Get fixed salary in time, permanent jab
Cons
Too much talking and news making by colleagues
Good salary/benefits, job security, good culture and management but poor work- life balance
AGM OPERATION (Former Employee) –  UTTAR PRADESH AND WEST BENGALJanuary 10, 2016
Professionally managed, ample carrier advancement oppurtunity, handsome salary and benefits, good learning oppurtunity but locations are very remote with poor educational and medical facilities.
Pros
UNLIMITED MEDICAL FACILITIES FOR TREATMENTFOR SELF, SPOUSE, CHILDREN AND PARENTS
Cons
STRICT LEAVE REGULATION, NOT SO TRANSPARENT PROMOTION AND TRANSFER POLICY
Very Satisfactory
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Solapur, MaharashtraMarch 26, 2016
- Jobs are well assigned and discussed
- Various opportunities of learning available for a person who has hunger to learn. I learn managing teams, interacting and managing relations with external/internal audit and other regulatory departments
- Management involves and encourages employees to contribute and always open to consider innovative ideas
- Co-Workers are very supportive. You are given ample opportunities to learn and work without any pressure.
- Tough part is that same increment each year and having virtually no difference in the monetary appreciation of every employee
- Learning environment is the most enjoyable part
Good working culture
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hazaribagh, JharkhandFebruary 12, 2016
Learned how to work in a company with fun executives were highly cooperative management also and it is the earliest and the best career experience of my life
It has great working culture. encourages innovations very cooperative working culture
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  New delhi , indiaJanuary 4, 2016
It has great working culture.
encourages innovations
very cooperative working culture
enchance the proper growth of each and every employee .
Challenging .
DGM OPERATION (Current Employee) –  TALCHER KANIHA,ANGUL DISTRICT ODISHA.January 8, 2016
Challenging and managing.
Working as shift charged engineer needs to look after the dc/sg and frequent communication with other depts. For geeting the job done which is affecting the generation.
Learnt a lot about power plant generation and about commercial aspects regarding power plant generation.
Being psu we need to have good manpower manegement as we need handle people with different level of skills and understanding.
Pros
GOOD MEDICAL FACILITY.
Cons
BEING A LARGE ORGANISATION, PEOPLE OFTEN GET LOST IN THE CROWD.SOME KIND OF IDENTITY CRISIS.
Productive and very comfortable work area
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farakka, West BengalApril 9, 2016
I am very proud that I have worked in ntpc limited farakka because ntpc is a maharatna company and best employer in india and it is a learning concern through which I have learnt various kinds of office administration work including employee service, employee benefit and employee development.
site engineering
Junior Engineer (Civil) (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiJune 20, 2016
typical day at work
good experience work in present company
working at thermal power plant
good management
nice team work at workplace
at the time of chimney construction
at the time of alignment of TG bolts and concrete
Job security,Good Salary
Head of the Department (Current Employee) –  Singrauli, Madhya PradeshMay 19, 2016
Excellent Benefits and overall good place to work for learning and gaining experience at entry levels.
However, the remoteness of the locations shine away the enthusiasm.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
remote locations
No Comment About Work
Maintainence Engg (Former Employee) –  Muzaffarpur, BiharJune 19, 2016
Friendly and Seriously Work done Properly on time.
But at this company forward cast are 99 percent more than backward cast.they dont want that backward person work there.
Pros
free bus services
Cons
naturally
work with more enthusiasm
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ramaguda, APOctober 1, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to know the new people.
Pros
Free accomodation
Cons
work stress
productive workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  kahalgaonSeptember 29, 2015
very productive and learning environment was provided to the interns, supportive mentors and highly qualified professionals, creative work culture and exceptionally motivated employees.
a leading and good company.
Diploma Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) –  Bijpur, uttar pradeshSeptember 8, 2015
Typical day was when I waited for a worker after my official timing for more then 4 hours.I gained lot of knowledge technically. The management and the co-workers were really supportive. I enjoyed working there very much.
Fun and learning alot
Internship (Former Employee) –  Badarpur, ASNovember 29, 2015
In this I was a trainee.i was learnt alots through seniors.and also see many heavy equipments and cooperative with workers for learning work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short hours
Nice place to work in
Project Trainee (Former Employee) –  Patna, IndiaApril 3, 2015
Really good company to start your career. Good salary, lots of compensation and perks. Work environment is good. Its good for students from electrical and mechanical engineering background.
Highly Productive but Coservative and cutious
General Manager-SBU Head (Current Employee) –  New DelhiAugust 30, 2012
Very Fine systems, but approach of the top and decision makers is very conservative and over cautious. Situation 'like throwing the baby with bath tub' is also faced though rarely. But, often diluted version of bold proposals and solutions get through the 'snake & ladder' type middle level managers groomed with the 'over cautiousness'. Although most senior managers are bold owners of the processes but the top is often found short of the steel that is required.
The fine systems, the 'bold owners'of processes, quality concious culture and the practice of intense monitoring and tight targets has been keeping the company at the top.
Pros
intense filtration and churning which discards the froth, 2)wide consultative style but marred with autocratic tendencies, 3)flexible in finding solutions with go getter styles but ingunity discouraged by top
Cons
innovation either do not get off the drawing board or they are led to premature and undeserved death, 2) rigitity in styles, 3) very reluctant and difficult unlearning in progressing with change management
Productive and fun workplace
Chemist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Talcher, ORMarch 20, 2014
One day while i am in working and first time handle of operating the chlorine gas was leaked out which was most dangerous in that day for me.
After chlorine gas was leaked out,from that day i working in every position safely and carefully handled.
My management is very helpful to me.
My co-workers also helpful to me and very supportive.
No hardest part of my job.
When my analysis result gives good i.e the enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
free launches
Cons
Productive and work life balance
(RGCCP) - Dy. General Manager (Former Employee) –  KayamkulamFebruary 1, 2015
Work pressure is not too much however accountability and job responsibilities are quite high.
I have learnt a lot over the period of 35 years
All my co-workers supported me in executing the job, there was a proper team spirit
The hardest part was during shut down which happens once in 2 months
The most enjoyable part of my job was work life balance, I never missed any event in my family and I always completed my tasks at work
Pros
lots of free goodies
Cons
have not felt anything in the past 35 years
A nice place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ratnagiri,NaharashtraMay 12, 2014
NTPC is a good organisation with a good work-life balance.It provides ample oppurtunities for learning and career development.
Pros
job security
Cons
poor man-management

4.4