nscglobal Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Terrible Manager, Stressful, Unreasonable workload
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Rural Hall, NCAugust 13, 2017
Manager states he was there to help but everytime u go to him he has no answers, or will pass the buck to someone else that doesnt want to help, talks in a very condescending tone. Ticketing system takes longer to do than actual tickets, you are always being clocked, no real training if you are at a one man site, hope whatever site you end up at hope that the contact actually shows you the set up info needed to do your job and allows you to learn what needs to be done to keep them happy. on a personal note hope that person actually does work and doesnt just dump everything on you. Dont work for them is my suggestion, hold out for better!
Cons
no true direction on what needs to be done
The worst work experience ever.
Manager (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 29, 2017
The atmosphere is one where there is a significant amount of bullies, stress, lies by management. Payroll Manager is terrible and tries to hurt anyone in her way. Human Resources is no better. People want to make you look bad and build themselves up through untruths. People need to get away quickly this business will not survive. Benefits are terrible but the environment is definately the worst part.
Pros
You wont stay long they try to get rid of people qickly.
Cons
Employees, pay, unprofessionalism.
Do not apply!!
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 1, 2017
nsc does not care about its employees. upper management are useless. no pay increases or PTO. only 8 days PTO per year. the cheapest company ever. only apply if you are desperate like i was.
Pros
its a job
Cons
everything else
Over worked. Under paid.
Disney helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMarch 21, 2017
Don't get me wrong. Great IT job out of college. But after 6 months you gonna get real sick of how management treats employees. I was promised nationally recognized holidays would be paid time off. Nope. It all depends on the account you're on. And good luck moving around within the company. Multiple time I applied for other areas and was promised and interview. Nothing. Not word after that. Comes to find out once they hire you for a spot you stay there. No shift changes. No promotions. Nothing. Overall, get you 6 months work experience out of it. And leave. This job will offer you nothing more.
Pros
Good 6 month entry to IT helpdesk
Cons
You won't move up. Paid is trash for the work.
Not been paid for many months poor Management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 31, 2016
Processes are not followed. You are less than a number at this company. There is not one happy employee at this company. Everyone is extremely overworked.
Pros
It's a job, I honestly can't think of any. Lot of good people at the company that need to get out.
Cons
Everyone is talked down to. Very unprofessional work environment
Poor upper management
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, N.Y.August 22, 2016
Pros
Cons
Everyone is talked down to. Very unprofessional work envirnoment.
Bogus job description
Field Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 19, 2016
I just quit this job a few days ago and I want to provide a good review here so I can help others with their decision in accepting an offer from NSC.
The job description they posted here is has little to do with you will be doing. Sounds good on the paper, but in reality is bad.
I was told that I will be handling the Client in the Cleveland office troubleshooting PC's. When I started they wanted me to reimage laptops, handle the inventory which required a few things to do and troubleshoot whatever laptops they had at the client site. In my 1st week there I got the technical training on the reimaging part of the job form the former tech, which was good. It was a lot of information to cover. In my 2nd week somebody from the headquarters started training on the ticketing system. This person was not a technical trainee and she couldn't handle it very well, she was changing things every day. However during this training I starting understanding that I will be covering support remotely for a few more offices in the USA, which I had never bee told during the interview process or after I started. While I was reimaging and troubleshooting laptops in the Cleveland office, I had to handle other customers over the phone and remotely. There was tons of work for me, I barely was able to take my breaks. NSC offered me just $15/hr for this position that required a lot of work. Not worth my time. My work schedule was 9 hrs/ day plus 2 hrs commute, so 11 hrs per day I was gone.
Since I was not told that most part of my job was remote troubleshooting, I feel like NSC deceived the whole process
  more... and job description. So do not fall for this job unless you like to do entry level remote support. You can find work remotely from your home for that kind of money.
Another thing is their benefits are minimal, no personal time allowed before 1 year, health insurance with high deductible, no raise, no room for advancement.
Pros
Cons
low pay for too much work. Nearly none bebnefits
Poor company to work for
IT Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMarch 14, 2016
Poor company to work for. My function and position were not necessarily appreciated by management and full time work was not guaranteed.
Pros
Availability of work
Cons
Lack of knowledgible and concerned management
Real engineering experience
USA (www.nscglobal.com), IT support Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2015
I have learned many things such as Conducted onsite troubleshooting for software and hardware issues ensuring
Ensured client issues are resolved to their satisfaction
A lot of basic things need to be improved
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  FelthamJuly 13, 2015
The company that wants to be known for global reach, big clients and latest technology takes no time to look at Feltham facility and its employees. The infrastructure doesn't fit the present times and is repulsive for newcomers. The time stopped in this place many years ago and it doesn't seem to bother the management. There are many hard working people out there who are trying to keep it all together but their effort and initiative is not properly rewarded.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
bad facility, no care for health and safety, no lunch room, very old equipment
Helpdesk
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 24, 2014
Utilized Active Directory to complete password resets and to unlock accounts. Installed and troubleshot printers for the end user comprised of various clients. Installed software applications, provided browser and scanner support, setup emails, and performed troubleshooting for the end user.
• Received 100% customer satisfaction rating with zero complaints received from customers.
Account support and incident escalation management
CSS IT Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Provide IT support onsite, work with users on phone and face to face, provide SLAs for client/customers, manage incident escalations and resolve, provide hands on support to IT infrastructure in data rooms.
Good Company
Network Engineer (AT&T) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2014
Really enjoyed my time at NSC. People were great although projects were somewhat repetitive.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Projects not challeging.
Much to be improved on
Logistics Department (Current Employee) –  London HeathrowJuly 30, 2013
For a company of its size with regards to client base and services, the company needs to improve on its infrastructure and the way staff are treated. I personally have seen many excellent workers and managers move on due to low morale, bad ethos, and finance mismanagement. Although I have learned much through my years there I believe that my future lies in another company, one that values one who pours their heart and soul into a company. It pains me to give negative feedback as is not in my character to slander.
Pros
Good, friendly coworkers
Cons
Unrecognised and unpaid hours of overtime, bad facilities (no aircon, lunch room)
Good for a beginner
Cisco Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  LondonSeptember 18, 2012
NSCglobal is a very good company to start, as i got a lot of handson expereince with the networking technologies. And this job helped me to understand about more cisco devices by working on it, which will help me in my carreer.
Pros
hands on expereince
Cons
no carreer advancement