NetSpend Employee Reviews

Bad managers
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX3 September 2016
This company is horrible to work for, training is horrible, work hours are 12 to 14 hours no complaining. Unprofessional. No balance for work life. Management is all over the place with policies and guidelines.
Pros
You eat food alot.
Cons
Managmemt is the worse on all levels, One trainer and hes knowledgeable but unprofessional in everyway
Great place to start your career.
Fraud Prevention Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX30 June 2016
Even though it is a call center environment, it is one of a relaxed and casual environment that rewards dedication and hard work.
Pros
Wide variety of people, Free Drinks/Cheap Snacks, Competitive Pay
Cons
As any beginning job, one may find it difficult to break through to management or higher tiered positions.
N/a
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX15 August 2016
A fast paced company with opportunities to grow if you're committed to the company. NetSpend is located downtown which is a plus to explore Austin scenery. NetSpend is known for great community involvement.
Pros
great internal opportunties
Cons
lack of communication from managment
Very collaborative workplace
Vice President, Customer Support Services (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX11 June 2016
Started well, ended as a bureaucratic nightmare. Too many bosses and not enough workers. It was a great startup that ended up being owned by a very restrictive corporate organization.
Pros
Very Open atmosphere
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement
Non stressful
Customer Service/ Correspondence Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX17 April 2012
My days are very routine and gets boring.
I have learned about the pre-paid card business
My immediate supervisor is not a very good listener and seems not to really care about her team.
The hardest part of the job is that its boring and it doesn't challenge me.
the most enjoyable part is that is pretty laid back
Pros
free sodas, hr lunch
Cons
small raises
good work experience
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX14 January 2016
it was a good introduction in the industry. you have to take initiative. very independent mindset is required.
my coworkers were very friendly and helpful.
lots of small groups, very hard to get into. lots of clicks.
Pros
location
Cons
work life balance, management oversight
Awful
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX7 June 2016
The worst company I have ever worked for. It is super ghetto and the call center looks like a Nike sweat shop in the Philippines.
Pros
Cons
everything
White collar sweatshop
CORRESPONDENCE AND OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Austin TX31 August 2013
Draconian policies and low pay. Don't bother. They will exploit you and not even offer a competitive salary.

The benefits were the worst I'd ever been offered in the last 20 years.
Good opportunity
Senior Acquisition Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CA27 April 2016
Good opportunity. Collaborative, and Very Data Analytics Focused.

Company that embraces technology in the marketing digital age.
Great Place to work
Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA2 December 2015
Friendly people, intelligent people, free Keurig Coffee, snacks, and soft drink. I a nice building in Dunwoody, GA, free parking, people are helpful and responsive, free workout room with free weights and machines. Working alongside of colleagues and learning from them is the most enjoyable. Fun work place with supportive management.
Pros
Cons
none so far
Fun culture but slow moving
Project/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX16 April 2015
the company works to make things fun by offering different types of in-office events. The culture is lax and can be fun. The downside is the lack of career path within the divisions of the company. People have to either move divisions or change their career path in order to advance.
Call Center Advocate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX17 July 2012
A typical day at working, walking in and setting at my desk prepping for my first call making sure I give my best to get the job done fast and correctly, I've learned that there are many ways to do everything even the smallest things, My Management is great,Co-Workers are fun and energetic, The hardest part of my job is something I can not list because nothing really that hard if you just do what you need to get the job done, The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist customers and problem solving.
Oppurtunities, but should have better trained employees.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin13 October 2014
This is a call center. People learn about financial transactions, but are not given the chance to become specialists at online credit card banking. There is a lot more potential to get better educated employees that have the ability to explain transactions better to economically/educationally disadvantage populations. If one of the oat successful companies in the world hire for similar jobs in a call center that pays slightly more and offers a broader range of activities and responsibilities for a job, Netspend can give up their Draconian pre qualification tests that do nothing to indicate a potential employee's reliability or trustworthiness. It's downtown, so it's a great place to work and have more cultural and educational opportunities.
Pros
Stable, good insurance
Cons
The mantra that the customer is always right, even when they're cursing and making threats, needs to be changed to a partnership of better respect and communication
Great office environment clean and friendly co-workers.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Austin TX2 September 2015
It is a great place to work the company offers a lot of incentives for the employees. However, no growth for me with the skills I have in the medical field.
Pros
employee of the month free lunch
Cons
flexible work hours
Collaborative Work environment with work/life balance.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX2 May 2015
We collectively share new ideas to solve problems that inevitabley crop up as the company grows and demands change. Company bonuses yearly.
Pros
2 Company parties a month, FREE Coffee, Soda, Juice, 25 days off a month
Cons
Pay cut 1k a month when converted from Contract to employee.
Great place to work and lots of opportunity
Held multiple positions (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX15 July 2015
Great place to work and lots of opportunity. Great team and people environment. Only one downside: pay is a little lower than other similar positions at other companies. Not majorly lower, but still worth a mention.
csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX25 April 2014
I helped customer with their banking information. I took incoming calls regarding there checking accounts reviewed all information such as pending direct deposit and went over transactions. I also disputed charges that customer stated were fraud and not made by the customer. I helped customer with online banking by signing up and walking through any online processes.
Productive fun work place with free sodas
Document Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX8 September 2014
Job is easy not hard at all
learned call center terminology
Managment is good
Co- workers are fun
hardest part of the job is just showing up
most enjoyable thing about the job is the overtime
Pros
Free lunches, sodas
Cons
Strict metrics
Great Place to Work
Corporate Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC11 September 2014
Love to work here. Every new day is different than the previous day. Employees and management are very people centered and kind.
Poor Communication from top
smartOne Prepaid, Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA19 June 2014
Decent enough they seem to care about their customer base, change management strategy is quite poor.