Microsoft Employee Reviews

A great place to settle in
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  hyderbad, TelanganaSeptember 15, 2017
Low innovation rate. Perfect for married people who want to settle into their lives with a comfortable workplace and salary. The company pampers you a lot. Very few times when I felt like I was doing something for the betterment of the people around me. Fewer politics than most Indian companies.
Work Culture
Technical Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Delhi, IndiaSeptember 13, 2017
I have learned the job culture throughout my work experience. The way we have to deal with our customers, Most enjoyable part is when we fix the customer's issue and they are satisfied about the service they received.
Great Place to Work
Strategic Business Manager (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiSeptember 13, 2017
Its a Very Sales Oriented Organisation , with an Open Culture and the empowerment to take decisions and work in a team setup. It helps give a global perspective .
Journey of learnings
Software engineer 2 (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshSeptember 11, 2017
Had lot of exciting time in Microsoft. Great opportunity to explore & learn new technologies. Flexible work culture. Chance to work with some of great minds.
Productive and fun workplace
Projecct Manager (Former Employee) –  SeatleSeptember 11, 2017
Pros
1. Opportunities to work in incubation projects are ample. People have lot of ideas and leadership is enthusiastic about them.
2. Your ideas are valued much. Doesn't matter if you are just an entree.
3. Campus is really cool.
4. Benefits are good. A lot of flexibility like WFH and sabbaticals are provided.
5. Your feedback is treated with lot of seriousness.
Cons
1. Even if work culture is driven to be more inclusive, sometimes politics take over. But that is team dependent and giving feedback helps.
2. In comparison to Google and Amazon in India, compensation falls back
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long work hours
Productive fun place
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaSeptember 10, 2017
Surely for long term career, excellent culture, freedom, flexibility.
Equal opportunity employer. You get to rub shoulders with some of the brilliant minds.
Helping seniors and got to learn a lot
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  PuneSeptember 8, 2017
As a fresher, I got to learn a lot. The seniors were very helping and supportive. I got to deal with a lot of new and fun responsibilities. In all my project experience was very good
Growing and research
ADDS – Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaSeptember 7, 2017
Learning Platform, Task oriented, Risk and skill establishment, good salary, flexible shifts,and excellent transportation, management and skilled administration
Good
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  hyderbad, TelanganaSeptember 1, 2017
Had a very good experience in MS. Found really a pleasant work environment and culture.Learnt Automation by own. Had KT sessions delivered for new joinees.
Great Learning
Sr. Escalation Engineer (Former Employee) –  IndiaAugust 29, 2017
Microsoft provide great learning platform.
I have learned lot of technologies in Microsoft which has provided me great confidence.
Microsoft provide great employee satisfaction.
Fun Challenging
University Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaAugust 24, 2017
Good work good culture. a lot of challenging work is given . If an FTE awesome life but vendor payroll is sad. You wont get much opportunity. A lot of biases and you need n=butter your boss to get through.
Getting there
PM (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaAugust 18, 2017
Good work environment, but they are getting there in terms of exciting work and real impact being made out of India offices.
It is still ho hum for most part, depends what group you land.
Great workplace with great culture.
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  BangaloreAugust 17, 2017
Microsoft is a great place to work if you find a suitable role for yourself. The management is evolving and you will feel at home.

You do have the freedom and independence to work as an individual depending on the team that you are a part of. I was quite lucky to have a good team with a good manager who appreciated and encouraged you to take additional responsibility and work independently.
To work hard
Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) –  BangloreAugust 9, 2017
I here by to work hard, and to implement new technology for our future generation, to implement new ideas, to develop our new invention that is the key to for next generation
Pros
Veg&non veg
Cons
Long hour
Strong market exposure and independence
INDIA & SAAC Sales Manager - Windows Embedded BU (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiAugust 8, 2017
Microsoft empowers its employees fully.

Microsoft provides all tools, benefits to continuously motivate its employees to perform and ensures the employees are always given the best of experience
benefits
Cons
too many changes
Great place. Could be better....
Senior SDE (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaAugust 7, 2017
One of the best places to work in India. Be it the quality of work or the work-life balance, benefits - everything is good.

The only problem I see is with the middle management in India - who seem to have taken this as their retirement job. Firstly, a lot of them are disconnected from technology and are only people managers; and bad at that too.
Pros
Work, benefits
Cons
Middle management
Not a lot of growth
Associate Editor (Current Employee) –  Noida, Uttar PradeshAugust 1, 2017
If the job is through a third party, then the employee misses out on many benefits. The salary can be good if you negotiate well. Management is alright.
Fun place
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaAugust 1, 2017
was always enjoying the work, learned more patience, no job stress, there was never like hardest part in my job as i feel, also learned much computer knowledge more.
Fun Place and great place to learn
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJuly 30, 2017
Fun Place and great place to learn. You can learn a lot and can grow in career. No pressure. Very good place. But some tools we use crashes pretty often, but really a great place to work for.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Tools
Excellent place to work
Program Manager II (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, IndiaJuly 28, 2017
Challenging work place. Best and brightest people to work with. Open to discussions and quite respectful. high-impact softwares in b2b and b2c areas. Work is very rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2