Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews

engineering and maintainace
ex navy, 5th engineer, (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHJanuary 24, 2016
to work in an organisation with the best ability, which provide ample challenged along with the authority to full fill them and ensure a dynamic growth
Pros
free lunch, dinner accomodation
Cons
24 hr x 7 duty
Adventure and Glorious Service
Mechnical and Security (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHJanuary 17, 2016
i have completed my mandatory 15 years of service. It gives me lots of experience about work culture a huge manpower organisation. Here i also learn lots of about how to handle difficult tasks with limited resources.
Gives satisfaction and direction for future life.
Middle Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHJanuary 9, 2016
I joined Indian Navy as an apprentice. Did my 04 yrs diploma in elec. engg. and was posted on board. I served for 20 years including training period and took premature retirement in 2009. Indian Navy is a wonderful service. It is full of adventure and full of life. A very wellfare and secured job anyone can have.
To sail in a war ship is very adventurous and keeps you fit to fight any adverse situation in your life. I learned to accommodate with people from different regions and languages. Learn to survive in any hard circumstances. Management gives you all the opportunities to explore in your career. Co-worker are very adjustable and comfortable to work with. Hardest part was the basic training and most enjoyable time used to be during at sea doing maintenance job and keeping the systems perfectly OK.
Pros
Welfare oriented
Cons
24*7*365 days on duty.
Discplined working environment
Petty Officer (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJanuary 3, 2016
Working for the Indian Navy is an experience of a lifetime, doning the white uniform, fills you with pride. The best part is an individual is trained in all aspects from management to administration, disaster, safety and fire.
All the colleagues are very co operative and helpful.
Pros
Uniform, disciplined working environment.
Cons
not able to settle down
Discipline
Petty Officer Electrical Air (Former Employee) –  VisakhapatnamDecember 31, 2015
Job and life is secure. One can learn from Indian Navy how to maintain discipline in life. I am so much impressed with Indian Navy Rules and Regulations.
Being in Navy I always taken keen interest in my profession that is why I have taken full respect from my seniors as well as from juniors .
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharastra ,Jamnagar,Gujrat.November 30, 2015
I ever take the assigned job by authority as a challenge. Because taking task in this way I always used to think about achieving the Goal is a priority then other personnel job or entertainment etc
One more thing is that I always treat my junior as my younger brother. As and when required to give affection or required to tight their screws.

Therefore I ever presented my job completion report to my authority always in time.
Pros
Indian Navy given me always free lunches
Cons
Once leaved the harbour, We don't counts hours till back from mission.
Adventurous
Petty Officer Engineering (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, VisakhapatanamNovember 18, 2015
I have spend prime time of my life in Military service ( Indian Navy). During which I have been molded to be confident to counter any situation of life.
COOL
Petty Officer (RP (Former Employee) –  Kochi, KLNovember 14, 2015
THOUHGH IT WAS A DEFENCE ORGANISATION, I CANNOT SHARE EVERYTHING, BUT WHAT I CAN SAY THAT I ENJOYED IT WITH FULL ESTEEM AND JEAL
Cons
NOTHING
productive at work place and provide with good
Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  Chennai, TNNovember 14, 2015
Every day start with some problem,which needs very active remedy to solve the problem.Every problems are different and needs special concern to solve.Management does not help or hear the problem.just delaying statics will not help always.When office grew the people also grew thats it.
Adventurous & very spirited
Aircraft Artificer, Technical JCO (Current Employee) –  Vasco Da Gama, GANovember 1, 2015
A service where a Man stands for a Man. Very active life with many types of mission and chance to help Humans...the best part
challenging
Seaman (Gunnery) (Former Employee) –  Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh New Delhi, MumbaiOctober 26, 2015
There is no time to relax everything to be executed in timely and professionally. Learnt discipline ,work ethics and plan, execute and get the job done in required time frame without any hiccups. Been in-charge of four departments at a time for 36 months had to get things done in time frame where several organisations and departments involved.always enjoyed and shared professional expertise with co workers. Getting things done in time frame and to keep the morale of the subordinates and juniors in good spirits is challenging given the tough and harsh conditions of the sea and ship. What ever the conditions the small chats with colleagues and the time with laughter and fun was the most enjoyable part of the job and the joy when job done successfully and safe.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
I have worked almost all the places where Indian Navy ships & Installation available.
Naval Police (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DLOctober 20, 2015
I am very happy to say that I had served with Indian Naval Police services for 15 years.

On the basis of Indian Naval Police service I had joined in the current Cargo handling company Cargo Service Center India pvt. Ltd.

Fifteenth year running and I am doing my Job duties & responsibilities in a same sprite & energy as it was during 2001 when I have joined in the company.
good
SAP BASIS Administrator (Former Employee) –  visakhapatnamOctober 2, 2015
To play a constructive and effective role in an organization that provides challenging responsibilities as a SAP Basis Administrator. To be a part of highly competitive organization with a global vision, which provides scope for personality development and career growth, with a highly professional, world class working environment and to pursue a challenging career in SAP. Ability to work reliably and independently within 24x7 mission-critical enterprise application environments.
Only Tough can Survive
Team Leader/ In charge Noise and Vibration Lab (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MHSeptember 19, 2015
You go to be physically strong and mentally tough to be able to withstand work environment of Navy. Best for 15 years as you are exposed to various facets of technology and knowledge as bachelor. Tough going as family responsibilities grow post marriage.
Pros
Exposure multiple technologies and knowlede domains
Cons
Need to put SERVICE before SELF
A well managed organisation with utmost Discipline
Horticulturist in Indian Navy/CANOF (Former Employee) –  Navy Nagar, Colaba, Mumbai , MaharastraSeptember 18, 2015
I t had punctuality , being working under Indian Navy management.As these were plants with whom I interacted but finally it were men in uniform whom details were shown which shows an confluence of hard faced persons and softness of nature.
Pros
near by job which takes 05 minutes of walk
Cons
Long working hours
Its a matter of great pride to become an officer in Indian Navy
Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHSeptember 16, 2015
Its a matter of great pride to become an officer in Indian Navy. You get to lead men and women of immense qualities in the service of nation. Work culture is superb and work/life balance is also excellent. Wish the pay was also equally good.
Pros
Excellent work culture, privileges, accomodation, and discounts
Cons
Salary
very good
EX MARINE COMMANDO (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHSeptember 3, 2015
over all good .My work, cadre,team I will all ways remember. I was severed 23 yrs in Indian Navy and 20 yrs as a Marine commando.
PRODUCTIVE
ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  NEW DELHIAugust 25, 2015
WELL I HAVE A NO OF TASKS AT HAND ON ANY GIVEN DAY. NO DAY IS SAME FOR ME HERE, THERE ARE NO FIXED JOBS AND NO FIX ANSWERS SO AS PER THE JOB I HAVE TO INITIATE THE CORRESPONDING ACTIONS.
Pros
AWESOME
Cons
LONG HOURS AT SEA
ONE OF THE DISCIPLINED SERVICE IN THE COUNTRY
CHIEF SHIPWRIGHT ARTIFICER (Former Employee) –  KARWARJuly 19, 2015
BEST PLATFORM TO SERVE THE NATION. BEST TO LEARN DISCIPLINE AND DEDICATION. OCEAN OF OPPORTUNITIES TO PROVE OUR TALENT. BEST TO BUILD-UP SELF CONFIDENCE. TO LEARN HOW TO SURVIVE IN LIFE DURING TOUGH TIMES.
Pros
DISCIPLINE AND DEDICATION
Cons
NIL
quite adventorous environment
Asst Manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHJuly 15, 2015
we as Defence people got involved in several adventurous activities and missions which included life saving activities during tsunami hit in India.
Pros
free accomodation
Cons
Long Hours

4.6