Indian Navy Employee Reviews

Good
Assistant Security Officer (Former Employee) –  All over India13 December 2016
A very challenging profession with good opportunity for career progression. There is a good working culture with cooperation among employee. Always coordinated atmosphere with sound management.
Pros
Good salary with various facilities.
Cons
24/7 engaged
Working in the Indian Navy was a way of life
Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Multiple locations21 October 2016
I have learnt multi-tasking in stressful situations and how to infuse discipline & maturity gained through experience and offer varied perspective in handling new situations.During my armed forces career, I have gained tremendous experience in Human Resource Management and Operations in highly challenging environment and also involving high tempo of operations. I have been posted onboard many warships including aircraft carriers which had a compliment of more than 1500 personnel.
The hardest part of the job was separation from family for prolonged duration and the most enjoyable part was to lead a team of highly motivated individuals who were willing to walk the extra mile for fulfillment of mission for the sake of our country.
Pros
Excellent culture and traditions
Cons
Prolong separation from family and a highly steep pyramidal structure for promotion
Challenging
Operations officer (Former Employee) –  Mumbai6 July 2016
The job of a Naval Executive Officer is challenging and tough. From Human resource management to Supply chain management, the Military services exposes individuals to all facets of management.
During the ab-initio years life is tough and challenging owing to prolonged separation from families, but it gets better with time. The hardest part of the job is bureaucratic issues, as it takes a long time to execute commercial projects which means that one has to have a lot of patience and perseverance to pursue and complete projects.
Learning is a continuous process and the Navy ensures that all Officers remain updated with latest advancements in technology.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie the people share despite their cultural, linguistic and religious backgrounds.
Pros
Various perks and privileges
Cons
No set routine. One can be called upon anytime of the day or night.
Most Challenging and satisfying
Operation Executive (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, Delhi9 July 2016
Amazing work culture and regular opportunity for potential up-gradation. Gives full independence to perform and deliver . The organisational set up facilitates a very healthy balance between work life, family and social life. The concept of camaraderie is outstanding.
Pros
Great Opportunities
Cons
Regular Relocations
Productive and learning
Been middle level managerial supervisor for last (Current Employee) –  KOCHI, MUMBAI, VISAKHAPATNAM8 October 2016
Serving in indian navy gave me the opportunity to learn and implement the best out of me in future in fields like engineering, administration and management of stores and spares
Best
government job (Current Employee) –  Kochi, Kerala6 November 2016
Best place for expansion of career and lots of opportunities . The relations between colleagues are good and has a good relationship between superiors and subordinates
Job with a utmost satisfaction.
Petty Officer (Former Employee) –  Vizag,Ernakulam, Mumbai, Port Blair, kolkata18 December 2016
transformed a boy into a soldier moreover a multi dimensional person. Build up quality of man management according to their capability. While as a trainer learnt how to manage budding resources.
It was different plattform .. Enough experience.Willing to do any work..Nice place
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra1 January 2017
Very interesting place for job..Discipline oriented place. get a lot of chance to learn more.Its a team work and certain goals to attain.
Pros
uniforms, food and accommodation
Cons
short break for tea, and lunch
Good
Engineer (Mechanical) who looks machinaries (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra30 November 2016
Feeling good but distance from family. I want to go to Odisha to meet family needs. I need a job that should be nereby my home. Long working hours does not matter. I am leaving the service to meet my family needs...
Pros
No matter
Cons
No matter
Indian Navy has provided me with a rich and varied experience in Technical, Administrative, Security & Firefighting matters at various levels. Working
Administrative Officer, Dept Head of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra16 June 2016
Over the years Indian Navy has provided me an excellent platform to train myself to handle complex and formidable tasks single handedly and has nurtured a positive attitude in my approach towards work during severe pressure and stress conditions. The vast and rich experience in the field of Mechanical/Marine Engineering with managerial skills, strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude with devoted and conscious work ethics has enabled me to adapt myself to new roles and challenging situations with relative ease.
Pros
free accommodation, food, medical LTC
Cons
24 hours bound
Challenging work area
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra17 June 2016
GREAT TO WORK FOR NATION. GOOD MANAGEMENT
• Verification of Technical Log book to ensure Serviceability of the aircraft.
• Flight safety requirements and precautions to be taken for smooth flying.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize maintenance activities.
• Organizing training of personnel on technical issues and policies related to maintenance.
• Achieving scheduled and non-scheduled operational flying programs by well trained technical staff.
Adventurous and full of life
Asst. Security Officer (Former Employee) –  All India13 September 2016
A Great job to start your career with. A single job where one can earn experience of multiple job as Indian Navy contains a sea of Opportunities.
very very challenging job, ready to meet n perform assignment beyond call on duty with minimum downtime of systems
Training and development of junior subordinates (Current Employee) –  Visakhapatnam18 October 2016
As a defence person , I can say that navy teaches us a basic understanding, discipline, integrity n selfless ness n be ready to accept challenge at all the time
Environment and team work of workplace and more important motivation from my seniors
Data Entry Operator and typist (Former Employee) –  Near RBI fort mumbai21 October 2016
Flexible working hours
Motivation of seniors
Comfortable environment
Support system of my education
Learn so many things relating my job profile in office only
Fun time with my team
Good to serve for the nation
Petty Officer (Former Employee) –  India2 December 2016
Working environment is good .
But working hours are long enough to get tired...
Maximum time at sea....
Away from family...
Still enjoyed the sea...
It was a fantastic experience...
Pros
Facilities
Cons
Rules
Indian Navy - 15 Years of Glorious service to the Nation.
Ex Servicemen (Former Employee) –  All over india6 August 2016
Indian Navy - I got a chance to serve the nation for glorious 15 years of which i feel proud. Its really a good feeling when i am referred as a soldier (fauji). A platform in which i was transformed from an immature kid to a matured and responsible servicemen with positive attitude and innovative approach.
Pros
Disciplined in each and every aspect of life.
Cons
Family life.
Standards
petty Officer (Former Employee) –  India1 December 2016
This the organisation which made me a professional safety person. Gained vast knowledge from the daily activities happened onboard ships and establishment made me to face any challenges.
Hi am honest in work time
any job (Current Employee) –  BANGLORE KARNATAKA1 August 2016
I will management ur work
I will your co worker
I will do hard work wat u leaned me
The hardest work
I will do job honest
I will follow the company rules & regulation
Wat u gave work I will do with in a day
Get lot to learn and see and undertstand
Leading Electrical Mechanic Air (Power) (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Cochin, Vizag, Goa,13 July 2012
On a typical day we work with great enthusiam and good co operation to complete the bigger task in smooth and with safety. We have been taught about discipline, technical subjests in our class room and workshops and time to time course are conducted to further promotions. The management part is good it is strict and we all get the benefits out of it. Regarding co workers as we all come from different parts of the country and we meet together then the cooperation is more and tries to help each other. The hardest part of the job is less salary as compare to outside. To make us settled have find lot of diffculty. the most enjoyable part we get annual leave in the year. When we leave for the vacaction.
Pros
during the period of the service we gets all benefits of rations, canteen and medical
Cons
as long hours of work on some days during exercise, sailing or operation days
Executive and Communication Specialist
Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  All over India and Abroad5 May 2016
Multi-skilled, dynamic and outstanding professional with 15+ years of accomplished experience as a Radio Operator in delivering optimal results & business value in high-growth environments in security, administration, communication in the Indian Navy. Possess advanced knowledge of computers and equipped with business & technical skill set for handling large scale assignments with established credibility in providing domain support for managing operations.
Proficient in formulating and implementing Security Policies/ Procedures; Knowledge of rendering functions of conceptualizing security plans, identifying vulnerabilities/ exposures & risks, deploying security resources and safeguarding human and material assets.

4.6