Indian Navy Employee Reviews in India

• Salary/Benefits
Looking for a job after expiry of initial engagement
SENIOR TRIAL INSPECTOR (Current Employee), Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshApril 12, 2016
Pros: JOB SECURITY, FREE RATION, CLOTHING
Cons: EXTENDED WORKING HOURS
Defence job is really good at young age. I am aspiring to take on another job with higher responsibilities as my present engagement with this organisation is nearing completion.
adventure with full tolerance in working
Ex Serviceman (Current Employee), Kochi, KeralaMarch 21, 2016
Pros: free meals
Cons: fixed working hours. in emergency may be extended more
A great adventurous job. but little far from our home. so sometimes it becomes difficult to meet our family issues. rest all things are excellent in this field.
Good experience
Electrical Officer (Former Employee), Mumbai, MaharashtraMarch 8, 2016
good experience in service for a short term job. military service require good discipline and hard work. adventurous in many ways.
Disciplined and systematic approch in life
Supervisory Rank(PO) (Former Employee), Various places across IndiaFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: Disciplined life with lots of sports activities. Proud to serve the country
Cons: Nothing
15 years service in Indian Navy made me a tough disciplined sailor.
Naval life made me to face realities and prepared to face challenges in life and job assignments. I was very proud serving countries and loyal while in uniformed military service
Military service
Able seaman (Former Employee), IndiaFebruary 13, 2016
Pros: everything
Cons: none
Job security

People work hard.

Bonding's among everyone

Government provided facilities

Fun work place.

Best place of your life to be in
An excellent organisation that provides ample opportunities for self development with a great history and culture
Commander Aviation Officer-III (Current Employee), Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work varies largely based on the appointment, ie. ship or shore based and the roles of each individual in the unit; that ranges from - technical, operations, logistics, staff work. Goal being to prepare the unit in accordance with the charter assigned to ensure battle readiness in all aspects - availability of trained manpower that works as a cohesive team, assets that are fully operational and other resources (spares, manpower, etc) that are well planned and replenished continuously; to meet any task at short notice.
This provides an excellent practical exposure of managing the operations with optimal resources without compromising on security.
The strong performance of the organisation is attributable to the underlying culture that inculcates a sense of camaraderie and pride in the organisation and the Goal.
The hardest point of the job (that also is most challenging) stems from the uncertainty of the requirement.
The work culture, the uniqueness of the job and nobility of the Goal is what makes it enjoyable.
engineering and maintainace
ex navy, 5th engineer, (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 24, 2016
Pros: free lunch, dinner accomodation
Cons: 24 hr x 7 duty
to work in an organisation with the best ability, which provide ample challenged along with the authority to full fill them and ensure a dynamic growth
Adventure and Glorious Service
Mechnical and Security (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 17, 2016
i have completed my mandatory 15 years of service. It gives me lots of experience about work culture a huge manpower organisation. Here i also learn lots of about how to handle difficult tasks with limited resources.
Gives satisfaction and direction for future life.
Middle Level Manager (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: Welfare oriented
Cons: 24*7*365 days on duty.
I joined Indian Navy as an apprentice. Did my 04 yrs diploma in elec. engg. and was posted on board. I served for 20 years including training period and took premature retirement in 2009. Indian Navy is a wonderful service. It is full of adventure and full of life. A very wellfare and secured job anyone can have.
To sail in a war ship is very adventurous and keeps you fit to fight any adverse situation in your life. I learned to accommodate with people from different regions and languages. Learn to survive in any hard circumstances. Management gives you all the opportunities to explore in your career. Co-worker are very adjustable and comfortable to work with. Hardest part was the basic training and most enjoyable time used to be during at sea doing maintenance job and keeping the systems perfectly OK.
Discplined working environment
Petty Officer (Current Employee), Mumbai, MaharashtraJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Uniform, disciplined working environment.
Cons: not able to settle down
Working for the Indian Navy is an experience of a lifetime, doning the white uniform, fills you with pride. The best part is an individual is trained in all aspects from management to administration, disaster, safety and fire.
All the colleagues are very co operative and helpful.
Discipline
Petty Officer Electrical Air (Former Employee), VisakhapatnamDecember 31, 2015
Job and life is secure. One can learn from Indian Navy how to maintain discipline in life. I am so much impressed with Indian Navy Rules and Regulations.
Being in Navy I always taken keen interest in my profession that is why I have taken full respect from my seniors as well as from juniors .
Manager (Former Employee), Mumbai, Maharastra ,Jamnagar,Gujrat.November 30, 2015
Pros: Indian Navy given me always free lunches
Cons: Once leaved the harbour, We don't counts hours till back from mission.
I ever take the assigned job by authority as a challenge. Because taking task in this way I always used to think about achieving the Goal is a priority then other personnel job or entertainment etc
One more thing is that I always treat my junior as my younger brother. As and when required to give affection or required to tight their screws.

Therefore I ever presented my job completion report to my authority always in time.
Adventurous
Petty Officer Engineering (Former Employee), Mumbai, VisakhapatanamNovember 18, 2015
I have spend prime time of my life in Military service ( Indian Navy). During which I have been molded to be confident to counter any situation of life.
COOL
Petty Officer (RP (Former Employee), Kochi, KLNovember 14, 2015
Cons: NOTHING
THOUHGH IT WAS A DEFENCE ORGANISATION, I CANNOT SHARE EVERYTHING, BUT WHAT I CAN SAY THAT I ENJOYED IT WITH FULL ESTEEM AND JEAL
productive at work place and provide with good
Admin Officer (Current Employee), Chennai, TNNovember 14, 2015
Every day start with some problem,which needs very active remedy to solve the problem.Every problems are different and needs special concern to solve.Management does not help or hear the problem.just delaying statics will not help always.When office grew the people also grew thats it.
Adventurous & very spirited
Aircraft Artificer, Technical JCO (Current Employee), Vasco Da Gama, GANovember 1, 2015
A service where a Man stands for a Man. Very active life with many types of mission and chance to help Humans...the best part
challenging
Seaman (Gunnery) (Former Employee), Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh New Delhi, MumbaiOctober 26, 2015
Pros: team spirit
Cons: long hours
There is no time to relax everything to be executed in timely and professionally. Learnt discipline ,work ethics and plan, execute and get the job done in required time frame without any hiccups. Been in-charge of four departments at a time for 36 months had to get things done in time frame where several organisations and departments involved.always enjoyed and shared professional expertise with co workers. Getting things done in time frame and to keep the morale of the subordinates and juniors in good spirits is challenging given the tough and harsh conditions of the sea and ship. What ever the conditions the small chats with colleagues and the time with laughter and fun was the most enjoyable part of the job and the joy when job done successfully and safe.
I have worked almost all the places where Indian Navy ships & Installation available.
Naval Police (Former Employee), Delhi, DLOctober 20, 2015
I am very happy to say that I had served with Indian Naval Police services for 15 years.

On the basis of Indian Naval Police service I had joined in the current Cargo handling company Cargo Service Center India pvt. Ltd.

Fifteenth year running and I am doing my Job duties & responsibilities in a same sprite & energy as it was during 2001 when I have joined in the company.
good
SAP BASIS Administrator (Former Employee), visakhapatnamOctober 2, 2015
To play a constructive and effective role in an organization that provides challenging responsibilities as a SAP Basis Administrator. To be a part of highly competitive organization with a global vision, which provides scope for personality development and career growth, with a highly professional, world class working environment and to pursue a challenging career in SAP. Ability to work reliably and independently within 24x7 mission-critical enterprise application environments.
Only Tough can Survive
Team Leader/ In charge Noise and Vibration Lab (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 19, 2015
Pros: Exposure multiple technologies and knowlede domains
Cons: Need to put SERVICE before SELF
You go to be physically strong and mentally tough to be able to withstand work environment of Navy. Best for 15 years as you are exposed to various facets of technology and knowledge as bachelor. Tough going as family responsibilities grow post marriage.