Indian Navy

Indian Navy India Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
challenging, productive and knowledgable
Team Leader/Departmental In-Charge (Former Employee), mumbai, kochi, visakhapatnamJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: food, accommodation, uniform, health and medical facilities, fitness centre, family welfare organization, schools for children, security
Cons: depending upon urgency and nature of upcoming job
interpersonal relations
maintenance techniques
training techniques
cheer up at all times
positive attitude
enjoying work
Disciplined work place
Electrical Officer (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: canteen facility at nominal charges
Cons: long working hours
Good working environment with best of professionals. A good learning and executing platform. Cooperative and professional management. Talented colleagues. Travelling a lot is the hardest part of the job. Getting a free hand in decision making is best part of the job
disciplined and balanced organization
Manager operations and HR (Current Employee), Jamnagar, GJDecember 31, 2014
A professional and discipline organization with lot of enthusiasm
Enjoyed working in Indian Navy
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), IndiaDecember 21, 2014
Pros: free food, accommodation and other benefits.
Cons: bonded working period.
Typical day was when our ship was trapped in Cyclone and we struggled for 20 hrs to come out of it.

Learnt a lot - disciplined life, coordination, working as team, etc.

Excellent management.

co workers were very supportive and helpful.

Hardest part was to stay on board ship for very long period.

Most enjoyable part was appreciation by superiors for very good work.
Work in Warship
Petty Officer Radio(SPL) (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 19, 2014
Working for nation at Indian naval ship and naval communication center. As per job agreement 15 years and retired.
balanced work and personal life
Executive/Naval Police (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLDecember 18, 2014
WORK IS WELL DEFINED. A RELATION WITH JUNIORS AND SENIORS AND FELLOW COLLEAGUES IS MAINTAINED. HARDEST PART IS TO UNDERSTAND THE WORK GIVEN AND DISTRIBUTING IT WELL AMONG CO WORKERS KEEPING IN MIND THEIR AGE AND SENIORITY.
MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN WORK IS COMPLETED AND ALSO THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO HESITATION IN ASKING A JUNIOR/SENIOR FOR HELP.
Nice Experience of Electronics Equipments
Chief Electrical Artificer Radio (Current Employee), DelhiDecember 6, 2014
Twenty years Eperience in Senior Management Assignment in Electronic & Telecom equipments Operation & Maintenance/ Ship Refit & Repairs / Administration / Security Operations onboard ships and submarines
huge platform for serving your nation
Engine room artificier (Current Employee), Mumbai MaharashtraNovember 23, 2014
every day is a different challenge in its own and specially for steam engine-room ERA. You have to be very quick and accurate in all emergencies, occurring almost every day. You are exposed to all sorts of duties and responsibilities.
So you get all sorts of experiences and are required to manage material time and human resources very judiciously, all resources are accountable. Planning for every day today work, foreseen works and emergencies, really get tested for your skill at all the platforms. You are with a very disciplined staff and like minded and like thoughts soldiers.
You are away from families for days together whenever you are sailing and being engine-room ERA, It was 12 Years for me on board ships.
You have a secured job and secured payment your families need not worry of anything as staying at duty stations a secured place even when you are at sea.
Productive and very responsible
Marine Engineer/Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), all over the cost of indiaNovember 22, 2014
Pros: good salary with free clothing and medical facilities to self and dependants
Cons: long working hours
Its hard and not tiredsome. It makes naval personal tough enough to work in pressurised situations. A place with responsiblity and pride.After serving 15 yrs i can say its tough to remove the uniform from the mind. It gives confidence and spirit to work in any environment. Overall a disciplined place with hardships and job of satisfaction.
productive and satisfying
ATCO (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHNovember 13, 2014
Its amazing thing to be part of the Indian Navy.I am fiercely proud of this fact. The job work/life balance is amazing except its frequent pressure of been reallocated and with family some stability is required especially when you have children.
Time Management Skills
AIRCRAFT HANDLER, FIRE FIGHTING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Kochi, KLNovember 12, 2014
Pros: all military benefits like free medical facilities and defence canteen services
Cons: pay-scale did not match the output rendered as the salary is govt-sectored.
With the ever-growing flying operations at it's peak, the Naval Aviation sector helped me to improve my time managerial skills keeping my educational pursuits compatible with my job, inter-faced with family domestic requirements at my home, all in all as a challenge to cope up with any exigency the service would provide. The need to properly place all requirements of service as well as my domestic requirements in a perfect time frame was the one thing that gave me satisfaction. Now, I have come to a stage where all time stresses of any company would have no affect on my enthusiasm to work.
habitual in handling multi tasks
Chief Shipwright Artificer (Former Employee), visakhapatnam, Andhra pradeshNovember 7, 2014
A self disciplined working environment. Pro active to handle emergency breakdowns. Experienced as trainer.
discipline
petty officer (Current Employee), port blairNovember 4, 2014
Pros: family time
Cons: long hours
very good but long hours of work
life
management is good
very disciplined
family time less
unity
Good learning experience, disciplined life, teaches working under pressure
JUNIOR ENGINEER (ELECTRONICS) (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free ration and uniform, medical and canteen facilities.
Cons: long working hours, sailing away from land for days
at times very busy and sometimes nothing to do,it teaches handling pressure and leading a disciplined life. Teaches all sorts of management- time, stress, space etc.
I am working as a legal & security advisor and also responsible for the discipline of all employees working at this organisation
REGULATING PETTY OFFICER (Current Employee), KOLKATAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free food, free medical facility for self and dependents
Cons: long working hours
Indian Navy has given be training to how to enforce the discipline in employees and how to take work from each individual, and how to deal with securities of big installation like Naval Dockyard, Armaments Depot and other defence installation. And also how to provide securities to VIP & VVIP.
This job taught me lot of things like how to work in a Ship, how to deal with foreign delegates, what are the rule & discipline required while we visit foreign ports. How to organize a function and how to manage a organization with responsibility for lower level to higher level.
I am doing an adventurous job but in this job we don't get time for my family that's why after completing my initial bond I want to do job nearby by home town
Adventurous Service
PETTY OFFICER WRITER (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 15, 2014
A Very Nice Platform for learn and Grow. Adventurous life. Unity in Diversity
Very good working environment
Petty Officer Electrical Radio (Former Employee), Jamnagar, GJOctober 13, 2014
Serving in Indian Navy was indeed a very good experience. But as life goes one needs to explore himself more, so i am here to check my real caliber with all those experience of past 18 years
Life of Honour
General Administration (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 16, 2014
Every day of my service with Indian Navy was full of challenges which I accepted with love and accomplished with honour.
Dedication to work first
Navigator & Radar Operator & Maintainer (Former Employee), MumbaiAugust 23, 2014
Pros: free conveyance pick up and drop
Cons: maximum 08 hours
At present carryout duty as ASO Reliance Communication at Golani ,Vasai (E)I am learned that you just follow the SOP as mention to the company. You work together with co-workers but when they cheating to the company informed to the senior.The hardest part is speaking truth. the most enjoyable part is work with hard wokship, enjoy of your work with enthusiasm.
Middle level management and supervisory
Team coordinator and expert in aircraft technical (Former Employee), GoaAugust 9, 2014
Pros: hra as per city, medical facility, free ration, free uniform and clothing, canteen facility
Cons: 8 hours 5 days
I got working experience in various Aircraft electrical systems and components. Got experience Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS), store and inventory management.

A day in the Navy starts with meeting with Elecrical officer for the plan of the day. Routine maintenance and various defect analysis and rectification is need to discusses and come to plan of action.
Manpower allocation for concerned work area and monitoring and rendering status report.

1 2 3 4 5

About Indian Navy

The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the armed forces of India. The President of India serves as the Commander-in-Chief of – Read more