Indian Navy Employee Reviews

A great organisation
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshJune 30, 2017
Indian navy is one of the premier and prestigious organisation of the country. Working in indian navy is a way of life, full of excitement, adventure and dedication to serve the great country.
Fine balanced
Senior Manager Petty officer (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJune 29, 2017
Perfectly managed and balanced organisation of country.the hardest part of job is never ending quality of work and the most enjoyable is satisfication.
Pros
always free
Cons
alway long from morning 8 to till never ending
The job with passion and physically fit and mentally tough
Petty Officer (Former Employee) –  mumbaiJune 21, 2017
the overall review is that the defense provides a managerial skill and a pioneering leadership as the situation arises in the conditions around yourself and day to day a learning skills with among the various people across the country and a good working place forming a family platform and good people to entrust with.
Pros
challenging life
Overall a very good organisation to work
Fire & Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kochi, KeralaJune 19, 2017
I have learnt a lot of things during my tenure in Indian Navy, Defence Forces. Especially very confidence and positive attitude with ability to work until my goal or job completion, that too in any stress.
Good to be there
INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY INS ZAMORIN (Former Employee) –  Kannur, KeralaJune 19, 2017
It was my first appointment in a shore establishment of indian navy, it was very good to be there after a very hard tenure in naval warship. Very scenic place and very cooperative and understanding department to work with.
Pros
Understanding and cooperative team members
Cons
Work place gives positive energy
Naval Architect (Former Employee) –  IndiaJune 18, 2017
A work place really gives support for mental and physical growth. During the initial training gives a tough physical strength.

Later during the professional training we will geg good opertunity to learn the ship construction theory and practicals.

During the on job training we will get a good experience to serve in various type of war ships.

As a Hull artificer we need to look after the routine maintenance and refits of various deck machineries like Anchor Capstan, Boat davit, Hydraulic Helo hanger shutter, Hydraulic Helo traversing system, Sewage treatment plant, and under water painting during dry docking.
Pros
Continuing Education fecility
Cons
Health care fecility
Totally disciplinary action.
chief petty officer (Former Employee) –  MumbaiJune 16, 2017
The Indian Navy is a great opportunity to serve for Nation, here all thinks are with discipline and how to survive him self. It was very good experiences and any think, any where do food job .
Productive and challenging job
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kochi, KeralaJune 5, 2017
Working in Indian navy requires a person to be mentally and physically fit. Work environment is quite supportive and love to work in engineering department. Also it gives u immense opportunities to work in diverse fields like operation , management, facilities, project management etc.
Pros
Job security
Cons
long working hours
Service before self
Chief petty officer (Current Employee) –  Karwar, KarnatakaJune 2, 2017
One of the best organization to serve with.
Navy gives me pride.
Inculcated n no. Of skills in me.
Was a high school pass out when I joined Navy with an initial engagement of 15 years. Now I'm about to complete my initial engagement with Navy and with this period, I'm a graduate mechanical engineer, do have a graduation in marine technology. Rest my resume says it all.
Pros
Unmatched pride, brotherhood, uniform.
Cons
Job security.
heavy duty sport
Petty Officer Electrical (Former Employee) –  indiaJune 1, 2017
an enthusiasm you attain from the field and the ship could take for a ride through out your career, its an asset and molder of the life you achieved everi
very good
excellent service (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraMay 28, 2017
Indian Navy is very good adventure service and welfare oriented service. It is the best service all the arm forces. Maximum knowledge you can from all field.
Pros
very good
Cons
excellent
Productive and good use of management skills
aviation (Former Employee) –  Vasco Da Gama, GoaMay 25, 2017
Flexibility with work, work from home options. Easy getting leaves and employee friendly policies.

I have been working at Indian Navy (for almost 30 years)

Pros

Fast paced work
Family atmosphere
Leadership team truly cares about you as a person and not just an employee.
You are able to excel in your position if you work for it.

Cons

Sometimes there are communication issues between departments.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!
Pros
Proper 9-5 job, with an hour or two for interval/Lunch, Used to get holidays whenever I required in emergency
Cons
communication issues
secret..
A) Petty Officer Radio (Former Employee) –  MumbaiMay 14, 2017
Secret ..
ideal enthusiastic work places.
good to learn things about all areas knowledge and skills. Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering - learn by exposure.
Trainee to Assistant Manager (Administration) (Former Employee) –  IndiaMay 12, 2017
Servicing Aircraft was my primary role and also ensure the aircraft is serviceable at all times
Over and above this carrying out admin roles like vendor management
Being in the armed forces changed my complete perspective about how to handle various job pressures and have also made me more disciplined.

The armed forces has also taught me to be confident and also made me understand that every day will be a different day and we will need to keep our minds open to learning new things
Pros
free medication
professional
President served as Commander-in-Chief (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiMay 8, 2017
a typical day consists of fun fun fun and work work work.PEople have best behavior, culture and great attitude.very proffessional and friendly.nice place
Work in Indian navy
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, new Delhi, visakhapatnamMay 8, 2017
I used to go on sailing in various countries and this was a great experience to talk with foreigners and to follow their rules .In defence services I have learned a lot
Pros
Don't know
Cons
Can work for long hours
Innovative , Sportive Environment.
Electronic Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaMay 2, 2017
Organisation which i have worked is friendly and Innovative culture,..At times we have to work after 10.00 night...though we used to learn more things from the organisation..and manage personal & official.Worked in Test chambers for 4 days continuously.
Punctual duty place
CLERK (Former Employee) –  MUMBAI AND DELHIApril 25, 2017
A fine govt service with lots of adventures. A new day bring lots of new activity.Work culture is good. People from various places met each other. New things and new culture met each other.The most enjoyable part is when all the people sit together and comments on each other . To serve for nation, indian navy is best.
Pros
Best in world
Cons
Security of man and material and impart training to juniors
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraApril 18, 2017
Many more to come in your life if you believe on hard work and patience.No ending of learning in life,anytime ,anywhere and from anyone.Be happy and try to help others.
Fine work place
SEAMAN (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraApril 17, 2017
Work place is good. Everyone has own goal and well
disciple atmosphere . But for promotion lot of obstiacle and rules. Food and living space is average.
Work culture at field area is Good. Lack of difference in facilities. Therefore can not do service for the long period if you are not Medically and physically fit.
Pros
Serve for the country
Cons
Promotion and life style