Indian Navy Employee Reviews

Challenging
Operations officer (Former Employee) –  MumbaiJuly 6, 2016
The job of a Naval Executive Officer is challenging and tough. From Human resource management to Supply chain management, the Military services exposes individuals to all facets of management.
During the ab-initio years life is tough and challenging owing to prolonged separation from families, but it gets better with time. The hardest part of the job is bureaucratic issues, as it takes a long time to execute commercial projects which means that one has to have a lot of patience and perseverance to pursue and complete projects.
Learning is a continuous process and the Navy ensures that all Officers remain updated with latest advancements in technology.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie the people share despite their cultural, linguistic and religious backgrounds.
Pros
Various perks and privileges
Cons
No set routine. One can be called upon anytime of the day or night.
Indian Navy has provided me with a rich and varied experience in Technical, Administrative, Security & Firefighting matters at various levels. Working
Administrative Officer, Dept Head of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJune 16, 2016
Over the years Indian Navy has provided me an excellent platform to train myself to handle complex and formidable tasks single handedly and has nurtured a positive attitude in my approach towards work during severe pressure and stress conditions. The vast and rich experience in the field of Mechanical/Marine Engineering with managerial skills, strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude with devoted and conscious work ethics has enabled me to adapt myself to new roles and challenging situations with relative ease.
Pros
free accommodation, food, medical LTC
Cons
24 hours bound
Gives satisfaction and direction for future life.
Middle Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHJanuary 9, 2016
I joined Indian Navy as an apprentice. Did my 04 yrs diploma in elec. engg. and was posted on board. I served for 20 years including training period and took premature retirement in 2009. Indian Navy is a wonderful service. It is full of adventure and full of life. A very wellfare and secured job anyone can have.
To sail in a war ship is very adventurous and keeps you fit to fight any adverse situation in your life. I learned to accommodate with people from different regions and languages. Learn to survive in any hard circumstances. Management gives you all the opportunities to explore in your career. Co-worker are very adjustable and comfortable to work with. Hardest part was the basic training and most enjoyable time used to be during at sea doing maintenance job and keeping the systems perfectly OK.
Pros
Welfare oriented
Cons
24*7*365 days on duty.
Its a matter of great pride to become an officer in Indian Navy
Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHSeptember 16, 2015
Its a matter of great pride to become an officer in Indian Navy. You get to lead men and women of immense qualities in the service of nation. Work culture is superb and work/life balance is also excellent. Wish the pay was also equally good.
Pros
Excellent work culture, privileges, accomodation, and discounts
Cons
Salary
Executive and Communication Specialist
Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  All over India and AbroadMay 5, 2016
Multi-skilled, dynamic and outstanding professional with 15+ years of accomplished experience as a Radio Operator in delivering optimal results & business value in high-growth environments in security, administration, communication in the Indian Navy. Possess advanced knowledge of computers and equipped with business & technical skill set for handling large scale assignments with established credibility in providing domain support for managing operations.
Proficient in formulating and implementing Security Policies/ Procedures; Knowledge of rendering functions of conceptualizing security plans, identifying vulnerabilities/ exposures & risks, deploying security resources and safeguarding human and material assets.
Challenging work area
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJune 17, 2016
GREAT TO WORK FOR NATION. GOOD MANAGEMENT
• Verification of Technical Log book to ensure Serviceability of the aircraft.
• Flight safety requirements and precautions to be taken for smooth flying.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize maintenance activities.
• Organizing training of personnel on technical issues and policies related to maintenance.
• Achieving scheduled and non-scheduled operational flying programs by well trained technical staff.
Indian Navy - 15 Years of Glorious service to the Nation.
Ex Servicemen (Former Employee) –  All over indiaAugust 6, 2016
Indian Navy - I got a chance to serve the nation for glorious 15 years of which i feel proud. Its really a good feeling when i am referred as a soldier (fauji). A platform in which i was transformed from an immature kid to a matured and responsible servicemen with positive attitude and innovative approach.
Pros
Disciplined in each and every aspect of life.
Cons
Family life.
chellenging job
Master Chief Electrical Artificer Power (Former Employee) –  All over IndiaMay 8, 2016
In Navy, every day is just like a war. there is not a second chance to do any thing. you have to do every task in a prescribed format and in specified time.
lot of work pressure
very hard to get work done by the subordinates.
in last, I have learned that
how to work in pressure
how to get work done by subordinates
how to manage time
how to utilised material and man
how to live without family for a long time
Pros
adventureous
Cons
too much pressure
Most Challenging and satisfying
Operation Executive (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiJuly 9, 2016
Amazing work culture and regular opportunity for potential up-gradation. Gives full independence to perform and deliver . The organisational set up facilitates a very healthy balance between work life, family and social life. The concept of camaraderie is outstanding.
Pros
Great Opportunities
Cons
Regular Relocations
Military service
Able seaman (Former Employee) –  IndiaFebruary 13, 2016
Job security

People work hard.

Bonding's among everyone

Government provided facilities

Fun work place.

Best place of your life to be in
Pros
everything
Indian Navy
Deputy Director/ CIRT (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiJuly 13, 2016
As one of the armed forces, it is professional and content work. As a part of the cyber security team, it is challenging to protect the critical military IT assets against the state sponsored cyber attacks and gives immense knowledge and satisfaction in achieving it.
One of the Dream job for every Indian Citizon
Petty Officer (Former Employee) –  DelhiJune 28, 2016
One of the Dream job for Every Indian Citizen. its shaping your future. Molding your present life. You will get free foreign. trip, life long free medical facility. after retirement you will get other state government job in priory basis.
Challenging and rewarding career
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  MUMBAIAugust 5, 2016
Knowledge and discipline forms the core of Naval life. Typical work day involves managing men, completing maintenance routines on weapons and sensors.
Pros
tour the world
Cons
Less time for family
Strong service which focus for Present and future
Master Chief Electrical Artificer power (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJune 21, 2016
Very good and hard life. technically solid work with 100 percent perfection.Job satisfaction is more. At end we will enjoy the work results.
Pros
Free food, accomodation
Cons
long working hours
Hi am honest in work time
any job (Current Employee) –  BANGLORE KARNATAKAAugust 1, 2016
I will management ur work
I will your co worker
I will do hard work wat u leaned me
The hardest work
I will do job honest
I will follow the company rules & regulation
Wat u gave work I will do with in a day
Get lot to learn and see and undertstand
Leading Electrical Mechanic Air (Power) (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Cochin, Vizag, Goa,July 13, 2012
On a typical day we work with great enthusiam and good co operation to complete the bigger task in smooth and with safety. We have been taught about discipline, technical subjests in our class room and workshops and time to time course are conducted to further promotions. The management part is good it is strict and we all get the benefits out of it. Regarding co workers as we all come from different parts of the country and we meet together then the cooperation is more and tries to help each other. The hardest part of the job is less salary as compare to outside. To make us settled have find lot of diffculty. the most enjoyable part we get annual leave in the year. When we leave for the vacaction.
Pros
during the period of the service we gets all benefits of rations, canteen and medical
Cons
as long hours of work on some days during exercise, sailing or operation days
An excellent organisation that provides ample opportunities for self development with a great history and culture
Commander Aviation Officer-III (Current Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work varies largely based on the appointment, ie. ship or shore based and the roles of each individual in the unit; that ranges from - technical, operations, logistics, staff work. Goal being to prepare the unit in accordance with the charter assigned to ensure battle readiness in all aspects - availability of trained manpower that works as a cohesive team, assets that are fully operational and other resources (spares, manpower, etc) that are well planned and replenished continuously; to meet any task at short notice.
This provides an excellent practical exposure of managing the operations with optimal resources without compromising on security.
The strong performance of the organisation is attributable to the underlying culture that inculcates a sense of camaraderie and pride in the organisation and the Goal.
The hardest point of the job (that also is most challenging) stems from the uncertainty of the requirement.
The work culture, the uniqueness of the job and nobility of the Goal is what makes it enjoyable.
challenging
department regulator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJune 8, 2016
challenging and exploration of new things is the main considering factor of this reputed organisation. Always gives u opportunities to learn new things & proves ur metal.
Pros
a dream organisation.Its service not job
Cons
less stability
challenging
Seaman (Gunnery) (Former Employee) –  Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh New Delhi, MumbaiOctober 26, 2015
There is no time to relax everything to be executed in timely and professionally. Learnt discipline ,work ethics and plan, execute and get the job done in required time frame without any hiccups. Been in-charge of four departments at a time for 36 months had to get things done in time frame where several organisations and departments involved.always enjoyed and shared professional expertise with co workers. Getting things done in time frame and to keep the morale of the subordinates and juniors in good spirits is challenging given the tough and harsh conditions of the sea and ship. What ever the conditions the small chats with colleagues and the time with laughter and fun was the most enjoyable part of the job and the joy when job done successfully and safe.
Pros
team spirit
good experience
Executive Operations (Former Employee) –  all over indiaAugust 4, 2016
makes me so punctual. made me self dependent and teach me how to work and time management. gave me an opportunity to serve for the country

4.6