Indian Navy Employee Reviews in India

Its a matter of great pride to become an officer in Indian Navy
Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHSeptember 16, 2015
Its a matter of great pride to become an officer in Indian Navy. You get to lead men and women of immense qualities in the service of nation. Work culture is superb and work/life balance is also excellent. Wish the pay was also equally good.
Pros
Excellent work culture, privileges, accomodation, and discounts
Cons
Salary
Gives satisfaction and direction for future life.
Middle Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHJanuary 9, 2016
I joined Indian Navy as an apprentice. Did my 04 yrs diploma in elec. engg. and was posted on board. I served for 20 years including training period and took premature retirement in 2009. Indian Navy is a wonderful service. It is full of adventure and full of life. A very wellfare and secured job anyone can have.
To sail in a war ship is very adventurous and keeps you fit to fight any adverse situation in your life. I learned to accommodate with people from different regions and languages. Learn to survive in any hard circumstances. Management gives you all the opportunities to explore in your career. Co-worker are very adjustable and comfortable to work with. Hardest part was the basic training and most enjoyable time used to be during at sea doing maintenance job and keeping the systems perfectly OK.
Pros
Welfare oriented
Cons
24*7*365 days on duty.
Executive and Communication Specialist
Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  All over India and AbroadMay 5, 2016
Multi-skilled, dynamic and outstanding professional with 15+ years of accomplished experience as a Radio Operator in delivering optimal results & business value in high-growth environments in security, administration, communication in the Indian Navy. Possess advanced knowledge of computers and equipped with business & technical skill set for handling large scale assignments with established credibility in providing domain support for managing operations.
Proficient in formulating and implementing Security Policies/ Procedures; Knowledge of rendering functions of conceptualizing security plans, identifying vulnerabilities/ exposures & risks, deploying security resources and safeguarding human and material assets.
Military service
Able seaman (Former Employee) –  IndiaFebruary 13, 2016
Job security

People work hard.

Bonding's among everyone

Government provided facilities

Fun work place.

Best place of your life to be in
Pros
everything
challenging
Seaman (Gunnery) (Former Employee) –  Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh New Delhi, MumbaiOctober 26, 2015
There is no time to relax everything to be executed in timely and professionally. Learnt discipline ,work ethics and plan, execute and get the job done in required time frame without any hiccups. Been in-charge of four departments at a time for 36 months had to get things done in time frame where several organisations and departments involved.always enjoyed and shared professional expertise with co workers. Getting things done in time frame and to keep the morale of the subordinates and juniors in good spirits is challenging given the tough and harsh conditions of the sea and ship. What ever the conditions the small chats with colleagues and the time with laughter and fun was the most enjoyable part of the job and the joy when job done successfully and safe.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
An excellent organisation that provides ample opportunities for self development with a great history and culture
Commander Aviation Officer-III (Current Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work varies largely based on the appointment, ie. ship or shore based and the roles of each individual in the unit; that ranges from - technical, operations, logistics, staff work. Goal being to prepare the unit in accordance with the charter assigned to ensure battle readiness in all aspects - availability of trained manpower that works as a cohesive team, assets that are fully operational and other resources (spares, manpower, etc) that are well planned and replenished continuously; to meet any task at short notice.
This provides an excellent practical exposure of managing the operations with optimal resources without compromising on security.
The strong performance of the organisation is attributable to the underlying culture that inculcates a sense of camaraderie and pride in the organisation and the Goal.
The hardest point of the job (that also is most challenging) stems from the uncertainty of the requirement.
The work culture, the uniqueness of the job and nobility of the Goal is what makes it enjoyable.
chellenging job
Master Chief Electrical Artificer Power (Former Employee) –  All over IndiaMay 8, 2016
In Navy, every day is just like a war. there is not a second chance to do any thing. you have to do every task in a prescribed format and in specified time.
lot of work pressure
very hard to get work done by the subordinates.
in last, I have learned that
how to work in pressure
how to get work done by subordinates
how to manage time
how to utilised material and man
how to live without family for a long time
Pros
adventureous
Cons
too much pressure
good
SAP BASIS Administrator (Former Employee) –  visakhapatnamOctober 2, 2015
To play a constructive and effective role in an organization that provides challenging responsibilities as a SAP Basis Administrator. To be a part of highly competitive organization with a global vision, which provides scope for personality development and career growth, with a highly professional, world class working environment and to pursue a challenging career in SAP. Ability to work reliably and independently within 24x7 mission-critical enterprise application environments.
Discplined working environment
Petty Officer (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJanuary 3, 2016
Working for the Indian Navy is an experience of a lifetime, doning the white uniform, fills you with pride. The best part is an individual is trained in all aspects from management to administration, disaster, safety and fire.
All the colleagues are very co operative and helpful.
Pros
Uniform, disciplined working environment.
Cons
not able to settle down
a place where success iss sweet but its secret is only sweat
Chief Shipwright (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MHMay 30, 2015
A very good and disciplined atmosphere to work in. an opportunity to excel and learn a lot. Brings out the actual person.In other words Navy or defence for that matter either makes you or breaks you.
Pros
Lot of government benefits and facilities
Cons
No fixed time for work
Being in Navy I always taken keen interest in my profession that is why I have taken full respect from my seniors as well as from juniors .
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharastra ,Jamnagar,Gujrat.November 30, 2015
I ever take the assigned job by authority as a challenge. Because taking task in this way I always used to think about achieving the Goal is a priority then other personnel job or entertainment etc
One more thing is that I always treat my junior as my younger brother. As and when required to give affection or required to tight their screws.

Therefore I ever presented my job completion report to my authority always in time.
Pros
Indian Navy given me always free lunches
Cons
Once leaved the harbour, We don't counts hours till back from mission.
Disciplined and systematic approch in life
Supervisory Rank(PO) (Former Employee) –  Various places across IndiaFebruary 16, 2016
15 years service in Indian Navy made me a tough disciplined sailor.
Naval life made me to face realities and prepared to face challenges in life and job assignments. I was very proud serving countries and loyal while in uniformed military service
Pros
Disciplined life with lots of sports activities. Proud to serve the country
Cons
Looking for a job after expiry of initial engagement
SENIOR TRIAL INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshApril 12, 2016
Defence job is really good at young age. I am aspiring to take on another job with higher responsibilities as my present engagement with this organisation is nearing completion.
Pros
JOB SECURITY, FREE RATION, CLOTHING
Cons
EXTENDED WORKING HOURS
Adventure and Glorious Service
Mechnical and Security (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHJanuary 17, 2016
i have completed my mandatory 15 years of service. It gives me lots of experience about work culture a huge manpower organisation. Here i also learn lots of about how to handle difficult tasks with limited resources.
adventure with full tolerance in working
Ex Serviceman (Current Employee) –  Kochi, KeralaMarch 21, 2016
A great adventurous job. but little far from our home. so sometimes it becomes difficult to meet our family issues. rest all things are excellent in this field.
Pros
free meals
Cons
fixed working hours. in emergency may be extended more
As I served in indian navy navy has given such foundation they trained me men
NAVAL POLICE (Former Employee) –  Kochin, KeralaMay 6, 2016
as per my job i can give maximium output with in required time we can manage in sort of situation thats all i can tell as per firm requiremnts we full fill
Cons
finish and securie there is no time limatiation
Adventurous and disciplined life
OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE OF MARINE EQUIPMENT (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraApril 25, 2016
It is a good learning experience and a challangeing place to work.A lot of things which is required for your future can be learnt here.Overall I am proud to work with a finest organisation of our country.
productive at work place and provide with good
Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  Chennai, TNNovember 14, 2015
Every day start with some problem,which needs very active remedy to solve the problem.Every problems are different and needs special concern to solve.Management does not help or hear the problem.just delaying statics will not help always.When office grew the people also grew thats it.
Time Management Skills
AIRCRAFT HANDLER, FIRE FIGHTING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Kochi, KLNovember 12, 2014
With the ever-growing flying operations at it's peak, the Naval Aviation sector helped me to improve my time managerial skills keeping my educational pursuits compatible with my job, inter-faced with family domestic requirements at my home, all in all as a challenge to cope up with any exigency the service would provide. The need to properly place all requirements of service as well as my domestic requirements in a perfect time frame was the one thing that gave me satisfaction. Now, I have come to a stage where all time stresses of any company would have no affect on my enthusiasm to work.
Pros
all military benefits like free medical facilities and defence canteen services
Cons
pay-scale did not match the output rendered as the salary is govt-sectored.
Get lot to learn and see and undertstand
Leading Electrical Mechanic Air (Power) (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Cochin, Vizag, Goa,July 13, 2012
On a typical day we work with great enthusiam and good co operation to complete the bigger task in smooth and with safety. We have been taught about discipline, technical subjests in our class room and workshops and time to time course are conducted to further promotions. The management part is good it is strict and we all get the benefits out of it. Regarding co workers as we all come from different parts of the country and we meet together then the cooperation is more and tries to help each other. The hardest part of the job is less salary as compare to outside. To make us settled have find lot of diffculty. the most enjoyable part we get annual leave in the year. When we leave for the vacaction.
Pros
during the period of the service we gets all benefits of rations, canteen and medical
Cons
as long hours of work on some days during exercise, sailing or operation days

4.6