Indian Navy Employee Reviews in India

Gives satisfaction and direction for future life.
Middle Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHJanuary 9, 2016
I joined Indian Navy as an apprentice. Did my 04 yrs diploma in elec. engg. and was posted on board. I served for 20 years including training period and took premature retirement in 2009. Indian Navy is a wonderful service. It is full of adventure and full of life. A very wellfare and secured job anyone can have.
To sail in a war ship is very adventurous and keeps you fit to fight any adverse situation in your life. I learned to accommodate with people from different regions and languages. Learn to survive in any hard circumstances. Management gives you all the opportunities to explore in your career. Co-worker are very adjustable and comfortable to work with. Hardest part was the basic training and most enjoyable time used to be during at sea doing maintenance job and keeping the systems perfectly OK.
Pros
Welfare oriented
Cons
24*7*365 days on duty.
Military service
Able seaman (Former Employee) –  IndiaFebruary 13, 2016
Job security

People work hard.

Bonding's among everyone

Government provided facilities

Fun work place.

Best place of your life to be in
Pros
everything
Cons
Its a matter of great pride to become an officer in Indian Navy
Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHSeptember 16, 2015
Its a matter of great pride to become an officer in Indian Navy. You get to lead men and women of immense qualities in the service of nation. Work culture is superb and work/life balance is also excellent. Wish the pay was also equally good.
Pros
Excellent work culture, privileges, accomodation, and discounts
Cons
Salary
An excellent organisation that provides ample opportunities for self development with a great history and culture
Commander Aviation Officer-III (Current Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work varies largely based on the appointment, ie. ship or shore based and the roles of each individual in the unit; that ranges from - technical, operations, logistics, staff work. Goal being to prepare the unit in accordance with the charter assigned to ensure battle readiness in all aspects - availability of trained manpower that works as a cohesive team, assets that are fully operational and other resources (spares, manpower, etc) that are well planned and replenished continuously; to meet any task at short notice.
This provides an excellent practical exposure of managing the operations with optimal resources without compromising on security.
The strong performance of the organisation is attributable to the underlying culture that inculcates a sense of camaraderie and pride in the organisation and the Goal.
The hardest point of the job (that also is most challenging) stems from the uncertainty of the requirement.
The work culture, the uniqueness of the job and nobility of the Goal is what makes it enjoyable.
good
SAP BASIS Administrator (Former Employee) –  visakhapatnamOctober 2, 2015
To play a constructive and effective role in an organization that provides challenging responsibilities as a SAP Basis Administrator. To be a part of highly competitive organization with a global vision, which provides scope for personality development and career growth, with a highly professional, world class working environment and to pursue a challenging career in SAP. Ability to work reliably and independently within 24x7 mission-critical enterprise application environments.
Indian Navy has provided me with a rich and varied experience in Technical, Administrative, Security & Firefighting matters at various levels. Working
Administrative Officer, Dept Head of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJune 16, 2016
Over the years Indian Navy has provided me an excellent platform to train myself to handle complex and formidable tasks single handedly and has nurtured a positive attitude in my approach towards work during severe pressure and stress conditions. The vast and rich experience in the field of Mechanical/Marine Engineering with managerial skills, strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude with devoted and conscious work ethics has enabled me to adapt myself to new roles and challenging situations with relative ease.
Pros
free accommodation, food, medical LTC
Cons
24 hours bound
Executive and Communication Specialist
Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  All over India and AbroadMay 5, 2016
Multi-skilled, dynamic and outstanding professional with 15+ years of accomplished experience as a Radio Operator in delivering optimal results & business value in high-growth environments in security, administration, communication in the Indian Navy. Possess advanced knowledge of computers and equipped with business & technical skill set for handling large scale assignments with established credibility in providing domain support for managing operations.
Proficient in formulating and implementing Security Policies/ Procedures; Knowledge of rendering functions of conceptualizing security plans, identifying vulnerabilities/ exposures & risks, deploying security resources and safeguarding human and material assets.
challenging
Seaman (Gunnery) (Former Employee) –  Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh New Delhi, MumbaiOctober 26, 2015
There is no time to relax everything to be executed in timely and professionally. Learnt discipline ,work ethics and plan, execute and get the job done in required time frame without any hiccups. Been in-charge of four departments at a time for 36 months had to get things done in time frame where several organisations and departments involved.always enjoyed and shared professional expertise with co workers. Getting things done in time frame and to keep the morale of the subordinates and juniors in good spirits is challenging given the tough and harsh conditions of the sea and ship. What ever the conditions the small chats with colleagues and the time with laughter and fun was the most enjoyable part of the job and the joy when job done successfully and safe.
Pros
team spirit
Discplined working environment
Petty Officer (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJanuary 3, 2016
Working for the Indian Navy is an experience of a lifetime, doning the white uniform, fills you with pride. The best part is an individual is trained in all aspects from management to administration, disaster, safety and fire.
All the colleagues are very co operative and helpful.
Pros
Uniform, disciplined working environment.
Cons
not able to settle down
Adventure and Glorious Service
Mechnical and Security (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHJanuary 17, 2016
i have completed my mandatory 15 years of service. It gives me lots of experience about work culture a huge manpower organisation. Here i also learn lots of about how to handle difficult tasks with limited resources.
Challenging work area
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJune 17, 2016
GREAT TO WORK FOR NATION. GOOD MANAGEMENT
• Verification of Technical Log book to ensure Serviceability of the aircraft.
• Flight safety requirements and precautions to be taken for smooth flying.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize maintenance activities.
• Organizing training of personnel on technical issues and policies related to maintenance.
• Achieving scheduled and non-scheduled operational flying programs by well trained technical staff.
chellenging job
Master Chief Electrical Artificer Power (Former Employee) –  All over IndiaMay 8, 2016
In Navy, every day is just like a war. there is not a second chance to do any thing. you have to do every task in a prescribed format and in specified time.
lot of work pressure
very hard to get work done by the subordinates.
in last, I have learned that
how to work in pressure
how to get work done by subordinates
how to manage time
how to utilised material and man
how to live without family for a long time
Pros
adventureous
Cons
too much pressure
Disciplined and Systematized Work Place
In-charge of 3 Division (Former Employee) –  VISAKHAPATNAMApril 11, 2015
I learned a lot in the field of Technical, IT, Management, Leadership, Office administration and the most important is Disciplined. Co-workers are good (friendly work Culture). The management process is very long follows numbers of channels. The hardest part of Job is to sail for long days and be away from the family. The most enjoyable part of Job is to visit foreign countries.
Pros
Free Fooding, Free/Paid accomodation
Cons
yes Some time for long Hours more than 24 Hrs also. and never lesser than 10-12 Hrs
productive at work place and provide with good
Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  Chennai, TNNovember 14, 2015
Every day start with some problem,which needs very active remedy to solve the problem.Every problems are different and needs special concern to solve.Management does not help or hear the problem.just delaying statics will not help always.When office grew the people also grew thats it.
PRODUCTIVE FUN ADMIN
Provost Cadre (Former Employee) –  VISAKHAPATNAM INDIAJune 25, 2015
VERY GOOD FRIENDLY WORKING CULTURE CO-OPERATIVE ATMOSPHERE COORDINATION AND SUBORDINATION

15 YEARS ADMINISTRATIVE AND POLICE DUTY IN INDIAN NAVY IN VARIOUS LOCATIONS WITH GOOD TEAM WORK. EXCELLENT MANAGERIAL SKILL,EXPERIENCE OF MANAGING 250 PEOPLE, CROUD CONTROL, TRAFFIC CONTROL MANAGEMENT HUMAN RESOURCE MENAGEMENT.VIP SECURITY. PROVED TO BE AN ASSET TO THE ORGANISATION.
REGARDS,
Pros
FREE FOOD AND ACCOMODATION HEALTH
Cons
SHORT BREAK
Being in Navy I always taken keen interest in my profession that is why I have taken full respect from my seniors as well as from juniors .
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharastra ,Jamnagar,Gujrat.November 30, 2015
I ever take the assigned job by authority as a challenge. Because taking task in this way I always used to think about achieving the Goal is a priority then other personnel job or entertainment etc
One more thing is that I always treat my junior as my younger brother. As and when required to give affection or required to tight their screws.

Therefore I ever presented my job completion report to my authority always in time.
Pros
Indian Navy given me always free lunches
Cons
Once leaved the harbour, We don't counts hours till back from mission.
Disciplined and systematic approch in life
Supervisory Rank(PO) (Former Employee) –  Various places across IndiaFebruary 16, 2016
15 years service in Indian Navy made me a tough disciplined sailor.
Naval life made me to face realities and prepared to face challenges in life and job assignments. I was very proud serving countries and loyal while in uniformed military service
Pros
Disciplined life with lots of sports activities. Proud to serve the country
Cons
Looking for a job after expiry of initial engagement
SENIOR TRIAL INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshApril 12, 2016
Defence job is really good at young age. I am aspiring to take on another job with higher responsibilities as my present engagement with this organisation is nearing completion.
Pros
JOB SECURITY, FREE RATION, CLOTHING
Cons
EXTENDED WORKING HOURS
As I served in indian navy navy has given such foundation they trained me men
NAVAL POLICE (Former Employee) –  Kochin, KeralaMay 6, 2016
as per my job i can give maximium output with in required time we can manage in sort of situation thats all i can tell as per firm requiremnts we full fill
Cons
finish and securie there is no time limatiation
challenging
department regulator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJune 8, 2016
challenging and exploration of new things is the main considering factor of this reputed organisation. Always gives u opportunities to learn new things & proves ur metal.
Pros
a dream organisation.Its service not job
Cons
less stability

4.6