Indian Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

engineering college
Counsellor (Former Employee) –  RoparNovember 11, 2017
it is engineering institute where B.tech and PhD are main courses and it is very renown institute of India, faculty is also good there and work environment is different.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Tainer
FACULTY Grid Computing and Distributed System (Former Employee) –  Kanpur, Uttar PradeshNovember 8, 2017
Works as a fuclty for big data/ hadoop / grid / python/ scala/ spark. Hbase/ mapreduce/ hive/ pig /oozie/
Flume/ sqoop/ zookeeper .. And all other related new technologies...
Management is very supportive and guide very well for the information or work the want from us. There is nothing typical because of the suprt of Mgnt
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kanpur, Uttar PradeshOctober 29, 2017
Management of R&D office of IIT Knapur is very supportive and our all officers guide us well in case of any confusion or doubt. There is nothing hard or typical because of the working culture in office and supportive behaviour of all colleague. We mostly enjoy the lunch with colleague when we use to come on non working day.
Pros
Free lunch, conveyance and honorarium.
Not recommended at all
Research Assistant / Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraOctober 28, 2017
I had a very bad experience with the managers. The workplace is even affected with work politics. I would not recommend this to anyone even as a temporary job.
GOOD Place to work
Project officer (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduOctober 19, 2017
Very nice place to work. The campus is awesome. Workplace and culture are extremely good.Support from supervisors is amazing and the work itself is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Work balance
Cons
Na
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaOctober 16, 2017
IIT Hyderabad is a nice place to work and it is very good institute in India. I have learned a lot from this Institute and benefited so much from the Institute like medically and academically.
Junior research fellow
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamOctober 8, 2017
I was a junior research fellow at IIT Guwahati. Good place to learn new things and get a head start to a career in research. Overall an enjoyable experience.
Excellent faculty but poor infrastructure
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiOctober 6, 2017
World class faculties but lagging in adequate research infrastructure. Work life balance is difficult for researchers and work culture needs serious improvements.
Hub of research and innovation
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  MumbaiOctober 6, 2017
Excellent place to work, good work and life balance. Place where your innovation potential is challenged every day. You have to be creative specifically in research positions. Not so fairly paid.
Motivating Experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduOctober 5, 2017
TAship at IIT Madras is fun. Also, comes with a generous allowance. Workload is decent. About 8 hours a week. Some courses may have extra work such as making slides etc.
Knowledge , great exposure to new technologies , innovative and full of chalenges
RESEARCH - Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanpur, Uttar PradeshSeptember 27, 2017
It was fun whenever into research. It has excellent environment for research. Flexibility in schedule and access to internet are the important facilities provided here.
Pros
weekend off, flexibility in timings
Cons
salary
Good Management and efficient laboratories
Antenna Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Thiruvananthapuram, KeralaSeptember 23, 2017
I completed my btech degree from this college. Laboratories are highly efficient and staff is quite cooperative. I did my projects on antennas in my 4th year and published 2 International IEEE papers and 1 journal in International conference.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gandhinagar, GujaratSeptember 22, 2017
Teaching assistants are required to work for eight hours a week for getting MHRD sponsored stipend of 12,400 Rs. per month. Have to take tutorial classes, make and grade assignments.
Awesome experience
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  BombaySeptember 22, 2017
Its my first job
I am very happy
Working for Osdag/ Fossee project in Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, my dream place. Best job to start!!!!!!!
That's a great place for improve skills
Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduSeptember 20, 2017
It's a good place for improve skills and learning about machinies , foundry and smithy , pneumatics and hydraulics and welding ..Etc.
And Very good communication skills .
Pros
Free training
Cons
8 hours working
Good work but a bit stressful
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Roorkee, UttarakhandSeptember 17, 2017
I worked with a professor and his team and it was really exciting. But few days turnout to be tougher and the day turns hectic.Overall its a great experience to work there.
learning
markiting executive, city reprentative (Current Employee) –  iit guwahatiSeptember 9, 2017
Its good to work here, but i need more , so that i keep on learning,i have learned management , marketing, team work , play with work etc.. There is no hard part in doing a job till somebody is putting a gun on my head to finish a particular job within a timeline. I mostly enjoy doing work if there is space for creativity and their are no restrictions. And i love to be the team leader of the team i am working with.
nice place
postdoctoral research scientist (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraSeptember 9, 2017
freedom to work, play and have fun. flexible time to work.
huge lab and equipments, qualified professors with relevant fields, I would suggest to try if you can get chance to work.
Research Associate
Research Associate in DBT (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiSeptember 7, 2017
Regular research work. I learned many new techniques. HOD manages the lab culture efficiently. There was good scientific environment but the hardest part was not to get appropriate result. Result after expenterimentation was exciting.
IITM is excellent place for learning.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduSeptember 5, 2017
IITM is very good place for learning.Professors as well as students are very friendly and they help in the project.Thus,it is great oppertunity to work in IITM.
Pros
Environment is awasomne.
Cons
No cons