IGATE Employee Reviews

Igate is one of the good IT companies
Junior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu21 March 2017
The getting trained at Igate is considered as one of the best event happened.The training period was for 3 months.The teachers were really friendly and helpful. The regular quizzes and final Exam kept everyone on toes.
The Igate company in Chennai, is very talent filled. The dedication to the work in people was exceptional. It was great experience to work under the very talented yet encouraging managers.
Pros
Talent driven
Cons
weather
Nice Place to work
Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka15 February 2017
Typical day at work begins with checking emails, preparing for meetings and completing follow ups
I learned how to manage new employees and keep them motivated . Things we can do to reduce the number of people leaving the company.
How to communicate with the stakeholders and help them understand the training needs in their teams
How to monitor progress of the trainees
How to prepare presentations on topics related to product knowledge
How to prepare reports and present information in meetings to make a positive impact to business
The work place culture is good
Hardest part of the job was to cordinate with various departments to sought technology and logictics issues
Mostenjoyable part was training the staff
iGate is a good company.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh6 January 2017
iGate is a good company if you overlook the management, which is fully focused on their nears and dears. If you are not dear one of management then you will face tons of work (no SLA consideration) and your work will be overlooked at appraisal time. In short, management is not capable to retain tenured employees.
Pros
Good company
Cons
notice period, fully focused management on their favourite employees, less appreciation
iGATE Work-life
Manager - Projects (Former Employee) –  Chennai and Bangalore20 December 2016
Evolved as full-time Project manager.
Got trained & certified in Project management(PM-ACE)
Technically managed projects across multiple technologies
Managed multiple customers across geographies (APAC, North America, Europe) across multiple domains spanning across media-entertainment, Capital markets, Manufacturing, Re-insurance.
Pros
Ability to get wide access of project portfolios & programs
Cons
Non supportive senior management for career advancement(promotions).
Awesome Place To Work Which Includes Our Productivity And Fun.
Senior Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka25 February 2017
1. Fun at work is always there.
2. Adherence to quality service.
3. Employee Welfare.
4. Good Infrastructure and place to work.
5. Appreciations such as Pat on back programs to encourage the employees perform better.
Pros
Space for employees to involve in other programs conduct by management or HR.
Cons
More Variables.
Productive and lots of fun activities
Team Leader - Operations (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra18 March 2017
Good company to work with, they have their own building and land and therefore the campus is superb. Crèche facility is one of the best part for new mothers. Gym, badminton hall, supermarket all this are extra facilities provided by the company in their campus itself..
Pros
Transportation, Infrastructure
Cons
Salary structure
Linux - apache, tomcat , jboss , shell scripting , perl scripting
Tech lead (Former Employee) –  bangalore5 February 2017
I am good in linux and middleware server administration and shell scripting writing , Applications deployment, load balancer configurations,proxy server configurations, ssl site certificate renewal,
Entrust portal login and site renewal, linux server patching.
Pros
one hour
Cons
eight hour
Productive, knowledge enriched, Challenging
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu27 November 2016
Responsibilities:
• Requirement analysis and validation
• Preparation of Change Request Design Document and Test Plan
• Coding & Testing (Unit and Integration)
• Interaction with client for Requirement Gathering and Other tasks
• Handling Adhoc tasks
• Abend Fixing and solving the production issues.

Major Projects handled so far:
• Incorporated new clients British petroleum and Mills Fleet Farm in Synchrony system.
• Data center migration from Alpharetta to Dallas
• Been the mainframe resource in reverse engineering of one module in system called SEMM 3.0
• Implementation of a new idea "Parent-Child relation in file read logic".

- I always enjoyed working with my daily development task and it was really challenging to my level
work environment was good
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra10 December 2016
IGATE is a nice company to work at as all IT companies but salary hike is less, IT culture is good, work friendly environment
personal and professional work life balanced, sometimes it is hectic otherwise it is manageable.
co-operative team members, supportive managers and easy approachable HRs made work here very easy.
Pros
project parties
Cons
less salary hike
Good
Senior Principle Architect/ (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka22 November 2016
IGATE (a part of Capgemini Group) with 180,000 people in over 40 countries, is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2014 global revenues of EUR 10.573 billion. Together with its clients, we create and deliver business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
productive n fun at work place
SAP ASSOCIATE Consultant FICO (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra17 January 2017
I enjoyed working at the organization , it was a wonderful experience working with such talented individuals across all verticals .The seniors have been very supportive . The overall work environment of the organisation was very healthy and competitive . As an individual i got to learn a lot .
Amazing place to learn and kick start your career
Technical Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Navi Mumbai, India21 November 2016
I started my career with IGATE (now Capgemini). I have learnt my primary profession from here. Although the work hours and the project was demanding and required long hours every day. It was still a very good learning experience with ample space to grow and perform
Pros
Great for freshers, Amazing campus in Airoli
Cons
Lesser pay, Long working hours
Good place to start your career
USA - Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka2 March 2017
Igate gives exposure to people to work for various clients, domains and technology. You can learn and adopt things fast. Led multiple projects as a project leader and worked for various clients and worked on multiple technologies as a system analyst and technical lead.
IT Analyst with 6.6 years of experience in Application and Production Support & Development
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka28 January 2017
Working as Production support SME for Intellimatch reconciliation tool for the client CREDIT SUISSE and handle BAU issues and user queries. Involved in Incident, Problem and Change Management processes.
Very nice culture
Assistant Manager - Master Data Management (P2P) (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh25 March 2017
It was really nice experience working with this firm since it gave me a lot of opportunities to learn new operational techniques and methods. Also, the management was very nice and very supportive.
Pros
Very good managment, Subsidized meals
Cons
Job security
good.
Operations Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka15 March 2017
It was my first company and i learnt a lot, the work experience was good, fun at work was there. I overcame all my fears, it helped me in grooming my self in extending my skills. I became a confident person and learned to manage multiple task together without stress.
Pros
Free meal (one time)
Good Place if you prove your worth
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra5 March 2017
Good place if you prove your worth,proving your worth takes time on your luck.
Salary not rewarding,but stable job and good job security.Chance to learn new things if you have a project and management allowing to do so.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA, 3 month Notice Period
Productive work place with highly qualified professionals
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  bangalore24 February 2017
Capgemini being a multi-national company, helped me develop a diverse and productive career front. I got to work closely with highly talented professionals in the industry and acquired global exposure.
Nice place to work
Software Engineer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Airoli, Maharashtra9 January 2017
Igate (now Capgemini) provides a platform to me as a fresher which encourage me to do work in a professional environment. It gives me the better experiences in the professional work culture.
Pros
Interactive Meetings
Cons
No Comp-Off for Weekend Work Hours
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu7 February 2017
very good workplace culture and well process oriented.

also a very good learning place and it encourages the employees to use the maximum out of it.

Managers are very much supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Office cluture and office hours
Cons
NA