iGate Corporation Employee Reviews

Very difficult to work
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaSeptember 7, 2017
No fun and no encouragement to the employees. Not interested to go to workplace. Routine work and no personal improvement in skills. No more recognition and rewards.
Workplace
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMay 15, 2017
Very Big organization
Internal Processes are very smooth and employee friendly
multiple avenues for the employees to move internally and do work of their choice
management is supportive of employees wishes
food options are really nice
compensation is average
Pros
Big organization
Cons
salary is not too good
A great company to work in a very friendly atmosphere
Team Leader - Sales (Former Employee) –  NoidaMarch 31, 2017
Flexible timing, great work-life balance

The challenges
The team member who takes real responsibilities and ownership, ends up as the bad guy. So hard working people end up frustrated by working harder without any awards or re...
Very Good Employee Friendly Company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJune 9, 2016
Very Good working Culture
Employye Friendly
Good Training
Flexible
Good shift allowance
Good team members and managers
Satisfactory food
Enjoyment
Job Security
Leave structure is also good
Depends on Project
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraJune 7, 2016
If you get a good project it'll work out, if not then it's not so good. You will learn under a good project manager but the company is so huge the managers keep changing and you gotta work with some non technical managers as well so watch out for that.

Other wise good times, they had a ping pong table and I went home at time everyday and my work life balance was great.
A good Company to have an experience at start of career
Senior Software Engineer - QA (Current Employee) –  Gandhinagar, GujaratMay 29, 2016
A good Company to have an experience at start of career.

-9 hours of work.
-Learnt a lot of skill-set with best training available in industry
-Good Management.
-Best co-workers one could get.
Nice place
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMay 16, 2016
There is no too many opportunities to learn and the company has a very typical BPO work life. Management is not that great.
Great place to work at
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduMay 11, 2016
A nice place to start up with your career. Great client services and a competitive environment with eye catching opportunities.
Manual Tester 6.5 Years of experience
Sponsor On boarding (Former Employee) –  MumbaiApril 20, 2016
1) Mentor Quality Assurance engineers on methodologies, test case creation, bug tracking, etc.

2) Provide metrics report of the profile of the bugs to allow analysis of defects, detection of negative trends, and continuous process improvement.

3) Estimate test execution effort and handle the resource allocation of the Quality Assurance team to ensure (or at least increase the chances of) the timely delivery of test results.

4) Coordinate and communicate the status of the testing effort with the project managers as a representative of the Quality Assurance team in meetings.
Great place to work with equal opportunity to all employee
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  MUMBAIApril 15, 2016
I worked under great leadership team, committed to serve customer with quality service and also takes of employee in terms of periodic review, team lunch and other activity.

Only hardest thing i feel is our team has to support 24x7 , on weekends , public holidays tool
Pros
fun
Cons
working in night hours

Want to know more about iGate Corporation?

Ask a question
good company
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraApril 5, 2016
Good company to work for.
Problem is only with the when it comes to moving ahead in different technological areas.
Overall nice place to work
Pros
NIce place to work for
Cons
under strategy
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMarch 30, 2016
Fun at work, every month we will have a birthday celebration for our team members. Every quarter we will have team lunch, work location is having play area to have entertainment and fun during work.
SCCM 2012, 2007, Active Directory, VPN
Sr. Associate (IMS) (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar PradeshMarch 23, 2016
Worked in iGATE for 2.7 years on SCCM and Active directory along with VPN support. Working environment was good. Management was also helpful except learning scope everything was good.
Great culture and Environment
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiMarch 11, 2016
Great culture and Environment. Nice growth opportunity and company gives equal opportunity to all. Lot of learning and enjoyment. Good teams and people
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Overall a good place to work
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraFebruary 21, 2016
Few projects the work-life balance is skewed. Better to avoid working in horizontals such as BPO & IMS as the resources from horizontals are loaned to the verticals and the career mapping is gone for a toss
iGate Global solutions - MNC
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, INFebruary 18, 2016
It being my first employer, I am so attached with the company. They helped me start my WorkLife with ease by training me on .NET. After the training, I was assigned to a client called Altria, a US based company. This is the place where I learnt pace and quality of work. I found myself a different person during my work. The work culture there in Hyderabad iGATE helped me much designing me into reasonable and eligible Software Engineer by patting on my back and correcting my mistakes.
Yes, there are some stressful days, but that is a part of learning in the early days of work
Pros
My client, Team and my Manager
Good work place
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaFebruary 18, 2016
i have been in iGate since 2013. Its having good work culture and good co -workers. I joined as a Fresher and i gained knowledge. and learnt how to handle things and all.
Fun-place with lots of pasttime activity
Senior Engineer- VnV (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraFebruary 18, 2016
Excellent workplace for showcasing singing and dancing skills.
People can acquire Table-tennis and badminton skills here as well.

At IGate, there's less room for technical skills to develop, because the kind of work is long time, on a single LoT. Documentation work trump all other technical work that we did at office.
Hard working employees had to bite more than they could chew, due to lackadaisical attitude of less serious team members. As a result, hard workers had to bear the brunt too, instead of any recognition.
It did not matter how early or meticulously an employee completed a job, but if he/she would not spend enough time team-bonding at cafeteria, he/she was doomed.
Managers rely on all levels of employee. Managers are also manipulated easily due to myopic vision of the team's success factors and favoritism. Employees who could can sound their own trumpet, have singing/dancing talent, stand out in the team even if they are lacking competencies.
Senior management has to only entertain customers. Sr. Management at Igate are mostly unaware of challenges that teams face while implementing a fixed price project, or large scale projects.
Overall, IGATE is a great launching pad for fresh graduates. They get to know the industrial practices, get some casual hands-on coding , debugging, documenting to put in their resumes. Anytime over 2 years at IGate should not be considered by a prospective candidate.
Pros
Lots of Pasttime activities; Opportunists can make most of increment and promotion
Cons
Technically strong candidates can give this company a pass. With the latest merge with Capgemini, there will be even less room for growth.
IGATE Global Solution private limited is one of the frontrunner IT Service Provider in North America
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  ChennaiFebruary 13, 2016
IGATE is good place to work and learn.
Working environment is too good for fresher.
Senior people are maintaining good relationship with all the juniors.
Everyone in the team help each other.
Standard work culture
Sr-ETL Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraFebruary 5, 2016
Everything here is organized .
Good support and cultured people.
Like to work more if the pay scale is raised a bar high.
Overall a nice company to start the career with.
Pros
Nice work culture, supportive team, informative managers
Cons
Nothing to mention