HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED Employee Reviews

Productive, informal but disciplined & job security
Sr. Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Chembur, Mahu,l Mumbai22 January 2017
Day to day operational management, interaction with subordinates & with other department. meetings with Higher Management. Review of jobs at end of the day for safe operations in next 16 hours. Administration, execution & management/reading of peoples, jack of all the trades. Work place culture is good & good power to take timely decisions.

Since I have worked as in-charge of refinery operations as Sr. Manager -shift, for 2 years, I could learn entire process of refinery operations control & handling emergencies.
Pros
free food, Car & Housing Loans plus perks like furniture/computer loan
Cons
NIL
procurement
Purchase Executive (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh20 December 2016
Urgent orders will rushes some odd days
end-end process in procurement
management is good and max there share the knowledge to the executives
co-workers are to good and there help in difficult situation
Pros
nothing is free
Cons
8 hours
Good and fun work atmosphere
Safety supervisor (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam13 February 2017
It was good and useful experience the staff and workers are very coperative and good safety culuture in that company the company providing free food and accomdation .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low salaries
Nice Place for learners
Intern (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh21 December 2016
Good Place to work and learn about the operations.l
Yo can get into the company only through the Competitive Exams. It is sort of a government job and pretty good incentives.
Fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra19 December 2016
I did my summer internship.
It was a good experience for 2 months.
fun workplace.
Good job culture.
Co-workers were very helpful.
Management was cooperative.
productive
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mumbai15 September 2016
Give us your opinion about
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of th
Even though i had worked under contract, the management never treated me like a contract. Worked very hard and upto the satisfaction of the management
Executive, Administration (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam3 March 2015
We can examine how I was treated. When the employees gone on strike, even i am a contract employee, the permanent employees allowed me to work during the strike period. That is the greatness of the Permanent employees who worked in HPCL.
learning and exploring
Graduate Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Mahul, India22 November 2014
My day starts with reporting to Dy Manager Maintenance and Planning at HPCL Mahul refinery where he assigns me day to day task. The task range from supervising the repair work going on site and in work shop, identifying rotary equipment at various unit and their condition, getting the documents of equipment whose repair is going on or is schedule etc. are few work in my perview.
Pros
lot of learning opportunity, free lunch and 8 hour work
Cons
being just an apprentice is not very respectable in big organisation, small salary etc.
This was my first job and it is really great to work with them
Internship (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.31 May 2015
I was working with my professor for my bachelor's project, during this project I have been working with nano-particles, transmission oils, with many different machines which could test the wear and tear of the oils. The different pressure tests on the metals, when oils interact.
Learning Organisation
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MH9 July 2014
It is an Excellent Place to be assiciated, learn, contribute, earn & grow.
Each & every assignment I handled in the past and the one iam handling presently are of highly challenging in nature, demanding upto date awareness in & around the Business & Business house.
Pros
1) sufficient opportunities to update ourselves on Behavioural, Functional & Leadership thru in house/ External Trainings, conferences, seminars etc.2)Always Eatables are available almost free, Good Boarding & Lodging Facilities & Travel comforts extended during Official /Personal visits.
Cons
Nothing remarkably negative.
productive but boring
Senior Operations and Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, AP13 May 2014
my day at work involves lot of planning for product movement in the pipeline with taking care of quality of the product.
everyday is a new learning atleast incase of manpower management as per the requirement of the operations.
all coworkers are like family,they help each other in personnel as well as professional matters.
hardest part of the job is to keep yourself motivated as most of the work is routine job and to keep my team also motivated.
running the pipeline operations without any hiccups
Pros
good young and friendly environment
Cons
remote place, no source of entertainment
H.P.C.L. is the second largest Public Sector Company in India dealing in oil refining and marketing. Owned ISO: 14001 certification for excellent Envi
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  VISAKHAPATNAM,ANDHRAPRADESH16 March 2014
Working in round the clock shifts including continuous monitoring of the equipment and process parameters, and their corrective actions for efficient operation, trouble shooting, emergencies handling, and start up and shut down activities, incident report and response, suggesting and implementing new schemes.
Training (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, AP27 December 2013
Depends on the Division in which you work. If you are in the Marketing segment of the company, then I suggest it completely depends on the Individual how he takes it. If the Individual likes performing day to day operation activities then Marketing division is great for him. If a person likes having a constant working hours everyday then Refinery is the ideal place for him. This company's compensation is way above the Industry average. I strongly suggest to join this company if you have an offer.
A highly challenging assignemnt
Chief Manager Operations - VVSPL (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, AP5 December 2013
Overview of daily operation
Systematic approach to work
Managed successfully a large team of 62 personnel
Co-workers willing and ready put extra efforts
Need to be on toes on 24x7 due to its nature of operations
Achievement of ISRS Level 8 ( 1st in the wrold ) and highest ever pipeline thruput of 4.374 MMTPA
Pros
Challenging assignment and conducive working environment
Cons
Threat of sabotage of pipeline operations and theft attempts
Great Organisatin
Chief Manager Finance Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MH17 October 2015
Working with this company for more than 30 years, so it is a great place to work. Work culture, ethics are above board. They develop people by providing adequate training.
Cons
nil
Leading a team of 11 professionals from different background and responsible for all new developments/support in project and procurement module for e-
Chief Manager- Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MH12 April 2014
A typical day involves interacting with team members on the status of the on going initiatives, meeting cross functional teams for resolving inter functional issues, guiding team members on resolution of critical issues etc. Every morning brings new challenges and provides ample opportunities for learning new skills. Mapping new business processes within the constraints of the existing version of the ERP software is a challenge and persuading business users on work arounds for such show stopper issues is the most difficult part of the job.
Pros
Free medical, canteen facility, Job Security
Cons
Inertia in decision making
Amazing place for learning industrial businesses.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  India14 October 2015
Opportunities for hard work and leadership related work. Great managers to work along with. Great atmosphere for personal and professional development.
PRODUCTIVE
Project associate (Former Employee) –  Lucknow ,UP22 December 2012
M y job is to meet the distributor ,dealers,Genuine tieup,retailers and get the feedback of the product, company and find the customers needs and find how to increase company overall brand value.
the hardest part of the job is to meet the retailers and ask them question when then they are busy .
Pros
free meal, hotel, mobile bill
Cons
no holidays
Internship
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Gujarat, India25 February 2015
This was just a one month internship program for which I was referred by my degree college in India. The work environment was quite stable as there was no competition and the work flow was constant. The co-workers were very friendly and they helped me a lot introduced me to a lot of new things in the industry.
Productive, Organized
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MH28 August 2013
The work there was very organized. Each morning I was given targets for the day, so I was aware in the morning itself how to plan my day.
The targets were not so hard and fast it was according to my understanding level.
And lunch used to be of 1 hour where after lunch i could go for a walk and felt relieved.
Pros
Free lunches, breakfast

4.3