HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED

HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ok
Marketing And Sales officer (Former Employee), pune, MaharahtraApril 8, 2015
ok but boring job pay might be less in the starting as compared to othersaml; galmgl;mgl;m;g a'gma['m'ga'a ;g'a,ga'g,a ;'adm,hml;mf
excellent place to learn n grow ur knowledge
Graduate Apprentice Trainee (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHApril 2, 2015
It was excellent to work under all experienced and skill full people.All are hard working and dedicated towards work.Above that their friendly behaviour with their colleagues was too good.One of the perfect company to work with.
Stable public sector job
Officer - Automation & Marketing (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Stable
Cons: Stagnancy
Stable public sector job. 40 hours a week. Lot of travel and site visits. Good compensation and leave rules. Good co-workers. Not very supportive management.
Even though i had worked under contract, the management never treated me like a contract. Worked very hard and upto the satisfaction of the management
Executive, Administration (Former Employee), VisakhapatnamMarch 3, 2015
We can examine how I was treated. When the employees gone on strike, even i am a contract employee, the permanent employees allowed me to work during the strike period. That is the greatness of the Permanent employees who worked in HPCL.
Internship
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Gujarat, IndiaFebruary 25, 2015
This was just a one month internship program for which I was referred by my degree college in India. The work environment was quite stable as there was no competition and the work flow was constant. The co-workers were very friendly and they helped me a lot introduced me to a lot of new things in the industry.
Professional and good work experience
Field Engineer(Contract Basis) (Current Employee), Sangli, MHFebruary 12, 2015
1) Job security is nil due to i am working here as a contract basis
2) Here i learnt so much from my Co worker. Thanks to all
3) Here handling shifts alone
4) Overall i have good experience in this organisation
learning and exploring
Graduate Apprentice (Current Employee), Mahul, IndiaNovember 22, 2014
Pros: lot of learning opportunity, free lunch and 8 hour work
Cons: being just an apprentice is not very respectable in big organisation, small salary etc.
My day starts with reporting to Dy Manager Maintenance and Planning at HPCL Mahul refinery where he assigns me day to day task. The task range from supervising the repair work going on site and in work shop, identifying rotary equipment at various unit and their condition, getting the documents of equipment whose repair is going on or is schedule etc. are few work in my perview.
Daily Work
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Vishakhapatnam, APNovember 19, 2014
• Prepared equipment datasheets for pumps, heat exchangers and distillation columns.
• Performed Hydraulic calculations for pump sizing and process lines.
• Experienced in troubleshooting the hydrate formation and corrosion effects in the equipment.
• Plant start-up and shutdown activities.
HPCL is like a home
Office administrative (Former Employee), Jalandhar, PBNovember 11, 2014
I have learn more, learn how to face problems in working place.
All staff and officers are very good and cooperative in nature.Enviornment of office is very good.
Productive career
Team Leader (Former Employee), VisakhapatnamSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: salary, work
Cons: safety
its great and fun to work out here , all the advance equipment , great management, working with advance technology
instrument engineer
Instrumentation Engineer (Current Employee), Visakhapatnam, APAugust 7, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: 8 hours
To work in the area where my knowledge and experience can be best availed of and be an asset for the organization for its mutual growth. To pursue a career, which requires an optimistic attitude, high confidence and the absolute intelligence in the motivational, progressive and friendly environment where the individual achievements and performance will be counted.
Learning Organisation
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJuly 9, 2014
Pros: 1) sufficient opportunities to update ourselves on behavioural, functional & leadership thru in house/ external trainings, conferences, seminars etc.2)always eatables are available almost free, good boarding & lodging facilities & travel comforts extended during official /personal visits.
Cons: nothing remarkably negative.
It is an Excellent Place to be assiciated, learn, contribute, earn & grow.
Each & every assignment I handled in the past and the one iam handling presently are of highly challenging in nature, demanding upto date awareness in & around the Business & Business house.
Review of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Index
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJune 24, 2014
Pros: good environment
very cooperative management & peers.

good working hours

learned lot of things regarding
safety index,
ISO 9000 & 14000
other sub branches & products of HPCL.
productive but boring
Senior Operations and Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Visakhapatnam, APMay 13, 2014
Pros: good young and friendly environment
Cons: remote place, no source of entertainment
my day at work involves lot of planning for product movement in the pipeline with taking care of quality of the product.
everyday is a new learning atleast incase of manpower management as per the requirement – more... of the operations.
all coworkers are like family,they help each other in personnel as well as professional matters.
hardest part of the job is to keep yourself motivated as most of the work is routine job and to keep my team also motivated.
running the pipeline operations without any hiccups – less
PRODUCT SUMMARY AND PROFILE
Internship (Former Employee), KAApril 19, 2014
Pros: giving parties to friends
Cons: working for longer hours
I Can Relocate myself any where in World.
I feel very happy to work with this company and I will groom myself and I will add some value to the company.
Leading a team of 11 professionals from different background and responsible for all new developments/support in project and procurement module for e-
Chief Manager- Information Systems (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHApril 12, 2014
Pros: free medical, canteen facility, job security
Cons: inertia in decision making
A typical day involves interacting with team members on the status of the on going initiatives, meeting cross functional teams for resolving inter functional issues, guiding team members on resolution – more... of critical issues etc. Every morning brings new challenges and provides ample opportunities for learning new skills. Mapping new business processes within the constraints of the existing version of the ERP software is a challenge and persuading business users on work arounds for such show stopper issues is the most difficult part of the job. – less
Great Place to work
Sr.Manager (Current Employee), Visakhapatnam, APMarch 21, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere
Cons: nothing
Gives a lot of oppurtunites to learn and enormous freedom for application.
H.P.C.L. is the second largest Public Sector Company in India dealing in oil refining and marketing. Owned ISO: 14001 certification for excellent Envi
Operations Technician (Current Employee), VISAKHAPATNAM,ANDHRAPRADESHMarch 16, 2014
Working in round the clock shifts including continuous monitoring of the equipment and process parameters, and their corrective actions for efficient operation, trouble shooting, emergencies handling, and start up and shut down activities, incident report and response, suggesting and implementing new schemes.
Training (Former Employee), Visakhapatnam, APDecember 27, 2013
Depends on the Division in which you work. If you are in the Marketing segment of the company, then I suggest it completely depends on the Individual how he takes it. If the Individual likes performing – more... day to day operation activities then Marketing division is great for him. If a person likes having a constant working hours everyday then Refinery is the ideal place for him. This company's compensation is way above the Industry average. I strongly suggest to join this company if you have an offer. – less
Internship at HPCL, Vizag
Industrial Internship (Former Employee), Visakhapatnam, APDecember 15, 2013
HPCL, Vizag is a good place for internship. I worked in DHDS unit for two months. The safety measures are up-to standards and our guide helped us to understand every thing regarding the unit.

HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED Photos