HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED

HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
PRODUCT SUMMARY AND PROFILE
Internship (Former Employee), KAApril 19, 2014
Pros: giving parties to friends
Cons: working for longer hours
I Can Relocate myself any where in World.
I feel very happy to work with this company and I will groom myself and I will add some value to the company.
Leading a team of 11 professionals from different background and responsible for all new developments/support in project and procurement module for e-
Chief Manager- Information Systems (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHApril 12, 2014
Pros: free medical, canteen facility, job security
Cons: inertia in decision making
A typical day involves interacting with team members on the status of the on going initiatives, meeting cross functional teams for resolving inter functional issues, guiding team members on resolution of critical issues etc. Every morning brings new challenges and provides ample opportunities for learning new skills. Mapping new business processes within – more... the constraints of the existing version of the ERP software is a challenge and persuading business users on work arounds for such show stopper issues is the most difficult part of the job. – less
H.P.C.L. is the second largest Public Sector Company in India dealing in oil refining and marketing. Owned ISO: 14001 certification for excellent Envi
Operations Technician (Current Employee), VISAKHAPATNAM,ANDHRAPRADESHMarch 16, 2014
Working in round the clock shifts including continuous monitoring of the equipment and process parameters, and their corrective actions for efficient operation, trouble shooting, emergencies handling, and start up and shut down activities, incident report and response, suggesting and implementing new schemes.
Internship at HPCL, Vizag
Industrial Internship (Former Employee), Visakhapatnam, APDecember 15, 2013
HPCL, Vizag is a good place for internship. I worked in DHDS unit for two months. The safety measures are up-to standards and our guide helped us to understand every thing regarding the unit.
excellent
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no
company infractructure is very good
my coworkers are very close to me and helped me
Productive, Organized
Web Developer (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHAugust 28, 2013
Pros: free lunches, breakfast
The work there was very organized. Each morning I was given targets for the day, so I was aware in the morning itself how to plan my day.
The targets were not so hard and fast it was according to my understanding level.
And lunch used to be of 1 hour where after lunch i could go for a walk and felt relieved.
Summer Internship
Summer Industrial Internship (Former Employee), Chennai, TamilnaduJuly 28, 2013
* First exposure to corporate world.
* Learned things about lubricants and marketing.
Productive and give good experience by mixing with dealers at retail outlets.
Marketing trainee (Former Employee), Bhubaneswar, OdishaJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: stipend
Cons: long working hours
As I have joined HPCL as SIP trainee
Wonderful working place
Cooperative staff members
Supportive trainer
Enjoyed meeting with dealers at retail outlets
PRODUCTIVE
Project associate (Former Employee), Lucknow ,UPDecember 22, 2012
Pros: free meal, hotel, mobile bill
Cons: no holidays
M y job is to meet the distributor ,dealers,Genuine tieup,retailers and get the feedback of the product, company and find the customers needs and find how to increase company overall brand value.
the hardest part of the job is to meet the retailers and ask them question when then they are busy .
The hardest part of the job
Marketing Officer (Former Employee), VIJAYAWADAJuly 1, 2012
Pros: travel
Cons: language problem
Interacting with domestic fleet customers in Vijayawada region.
Excellent learning experience
Intern (Former Employee), Ballard Estate, MumbaiMay 12, 2012
Typical day consisted analysis of data with some field visits.

Inventory Management concepts, Workflow and supply chain for different grades of lubricants.

Management was very supportive of interns and helpful via guidance and suggestions

Helpful Peers and Superiors
Learning Organisation
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJuly 9, 2014
Pros: 1) sufficient opportunities to update ourselves on behavioural, functional & leadership thru in house/ external trainings, conferences, seminars etc.2)always eatables are available almost free, good boarding & lodging facilities & travel comforts extended during official /personal visits.
Cons: nothing remarkably negative.
It is an Excellent Place to be assiciated, learn, contribute, earn & grow.
Each & every assignment I handled in the past and the one iam handling presently are of highly challenging in nature, demanding upto date awareness in & around the Business & Business house.
productive but boring
Senior Operations and Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Visakhapatnam, APMay 13, 2014
Pros: good young and friendly environment
Cons: remote place, no source of entertainment
my day at work involves lot of planning for product movement in the pipeline with taking care of quality of the product.
everyday is a new learning atleast incase of manpower management as per the requirement of the operations.
all coworkers are like family,they help each other in personnel as well as professional matters.
hardest part of the job is – more... to keep yourself motivated as most of the work is routine job and to keep my team also motivated.
running the pipeline operations without any hiccups – less
Great Place to work
Sr.Manager (Current Employee), Visakhapatnam, APMarch 21, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere
Cons: nothing
Gives a lot of oppurtunites to learn and enormous freedom for application.
Training (Former Employee), Visakhapatnam, APDecember 27, 2013
Depends on the Division in which you work. If you are in the Marketing segment of the company, then I suggest it completely depends on the Individual how he takes it. If the Individual likes performing day to day operation activities then Marketing division is great for him. If a person likes having a constant working hours everyday then Refinery is – more... the ideal place for him. This company's compensation is way above the Industry average. I strongly suggest to join this company if you have an offer. – less
A highly challenging assignemnt
Chief Manager Operations - VVSPL (Former Employee), Visakhapatnam, APDecember 5, 2013
Pros: challenging assignment and conducive working environment
Cons: threat of sabotage of pipeline operations and theft attempts
Overview of daily operation
Systematic approach to work
Managed successfully a large team of 62 personnel
Co-workers willing and ready put extra efforts
Need to be on toes on 24x7 due to its nature of operations
Achievement of ISRS Level 8 ( 1st in the wrold ) and highest ever pipeline thruput of 4.374 MMTPA
QA/QC Engineer (Former Employee), HPOctober 25, 2013
Desire professional work environment requiring personal with strong work ethic, to utilize my skills and abilities and that offers Professional growth while being Resourceful, innovative and flexible.
Exciting and Free Environment
Senior Executive - Organization Development (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 2, 2012
As a human resources professional, Hindustan Petroleum is an organization which leverages on one's strengths and provides immense opportunities for learning and experimenting. Supportive management and encouraging colleagues make it a best place to work.
PSU Culture followed
Projects and Operations Officer. (Current Employee), Delhi, GujaratMarch 18, 2012
Good to start with. Offers alot of places to visit, good package with ok exposure.