Pros: accuracy behavior consistency effort results timeliness team work.
Cons: impossible to expect better salary
1. Monitoring plays a vital role in NSE. When I am in shift , I’m the only person who is answerable for all Customer active Leased-line's which having 2MB as well as 45MB Links which are connected to Dc, DR, Cochin POP and from that I having experience with multiple BSO.
2. If there any issues like Link Down, Link fluctuation, Reliability lesser than – more... 255, If transmit or receive load increases beyond 1/255, if CRC or Input errors getting increased on interface., I will move my attention to respective customer and I will coordinate to resolve the issue by asking them about modem status, power issues or any other internal issues exist.
3. If the issue is not belongs to customer premises, finally I will follow-ups the issue with respective BSO by raising complaint and they will check from their side, If they found an issue by giving LOOP test or any other cause, they will restore the same. Suppose, they found the same at customer end, they will send an engineer to our customer site.
4. So, I have to make the Link UP through supervising the engineer by checking earth status, devices, cable connectivity etc…, After the Link made UP, I have to get confirmation from our customer end as well as getting Reason For Outage from the BSO for the booked Ticket number and same will be informed to our customer via OMC Noida.Having practical knowledge about NSE Core routers (Cisco 7609, Cisco 2811) and VLAN, SSH, Telnet, OSPF, DS3 Links, STM Links, MPLS, IOS, Fiber technology, APS technology, Mock and BCP trading Configuring IP addressing when commissioning the new Link depend on the scenario basis, removing configuration, configuration changes issue’s.
5. With the help of hourly, daily, weekly reports, I can observe the Core router’s controllers status and reports are sharing to concern team timely.
6. Aps testing which means there are two categories of 45 MB links. They are working links and protected links. I am having the responsibility to check whether the protected links are capable to work as working links by doing shut and no shut on controllers in every week.
7. I’m improving my ownership quality by controlling my minipop (Cochin POP).
8. With friendly basis, I’m sharing some basic knowledge about reliability, CRC and Input errors, transmit load, receive load, Clear counters timing, IP addressing and about Customer end applications to my customers when they asking doubts.
9. After checking the status all Customer Links in every morning, If found any issue like heavy load, I will contact with respective customer to explain the status for maintaining the same by the customer itself
10. Punctually maintaining POP Daily Log report, shifting adjustment and sharing knowledge with other team members.
11. At the time of escalation level issue’s, coordinate with respective manager to resolve the issue within very short time.
12 I have to do report the activities to my high level (OMC).
13. At the time of BCP and Mock trading, coordinating with other POPs to discuss about NEAT. – less