HCL Technologies Employee Reviews

Found 3,445 reviews matching the search
Increasing Productivity and Career Growth at one stop
Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh29 January 2017
HCL Technologies is always offering a blend of perfect work-life balance along with growth opportunity in the career. Working here is much of a fun filled day while keeping yourself busy in deliverables on a regular intervals. A good workplace is always a good motivation and the search for a good workplace comes to an end at HCL. It brings a smile on the face of the employee and the work culture is really of good quality. HCL management is parallely providing a constant support for the achievement of the employees technical as well as personal growth factor.
Not a good Company to start your career
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka1 October 2016
Working in shifts will be hectic.
Learnt so many things like handling the pressure.
How to work smartly rather than doing hard work which will effect your productivity.
Learnt about professionalism.
Management is satisfying but not so good.
Co-workers are supportive.
Hardest part is to maintain the work/life balance as mostly jobs are in shifts.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to find so many interesting people which are having different abilities and we can also learn so many things from them.
Pros
You will get opportunities to have to tour to foreign.
Cons
You will not appraised much.
Good company for a settling job.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Noida5 January 2017
The working culture was quite easy to adapt for an employ. I joined as a fresher after under graduation. Training program of three months was nice. But project assignation was not at all dependent on what we learned in training. If we get good development project, we can learn. Since it's a service based company, most of the projects are mainly concerned with application support. Management was good. Since it was my first company, I enjoyed every moment there learning and exploring new things every day.
Pros
Great work-life balance.
Great work-life balance with total job security
CAD Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jigani, Karnataka28 December 2016
There is no strict working hours; get the work done and leave office policy. Great infrastructure and cafeteria. Company do not terminate workers like in other companies, i.e job security is high. Management is bit complicated and is hard to convince or get yearly perks. A long notice period also ensures other companies are less likely to favour if we are looking for a job change.
Pros
No strict hours. Name tag. Variety of food options. Free tea/coffee.
Cons
HR drama. Management politics if you ever made a problem.
Overall good learning,but lack of work/life balance
Senior Finance analyst (Current Employee) –  NOIDA (U.P) INDIA28 January 2017
Overall good learning,but no work and life balance. Reason could that HCL step into BPO services recently as HCL LTD is famous for IT services and has less experience in handling Finance processes.

Though the company provides a very good platform for those who wants to learn and enhance their knowledge in Finance and accounting field.
Pros
Very good learning
Cons
Unbalance work life due to working in long hours with no benefits. and no Job security.
Review about my experience in HCL
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu16 January 2017
Great company but management needs alot improvement and experience. There's no compassionate when employees are sick. It's the job first, not the employees that make the company run on a daily basis. You can be working there for years and looked over for alot of opportunities. New employees come in making the same pay you're making and you've been there for years. The make false promises on raises, they even say we don't offer increases..
Poor pay masters
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh26 January 2017
i had been a part of the company since 54 months and across my tenure, i never had any problem with the company or management, the only thing that was a challenge i.e. the company wont cough up money or give out any incentive plan come what may. A team at 80% CSAT and at 25%, both get the same salary and the team putting up efforts to get the same money take home which was very difficult to keep the employees pepped up in the team to keep performing well. The high-liner advisors were never seen a part of the Reward ceremonies, just managers did.

Additionally there was once, I am not sure how but i guess in 2014 annual salary review there were many employees (in thousands) who had recieved a salary deduction for no explained reason.
Pros
good working enviornment
Cons
no performance appreciation
Consulted on Business Process Modelling solutions for KPMG.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, India31 January 2017
Depending on the team, manager and the client, the working conditions in HCL may vary drastically.
Working under a badly managed project where there were no stable requirements or design documents, every developer in the project spent up to 12 hours in office everyday for over 8 months including weekends.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work life balance, Bad management
Productive and good work place with good work/ life balance
software engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore8 November 2016
Awesome company to work, with good job culture. Management is good. Job security assured. Co workers are all helpful. Good work/life balance.
Pros
Good Job culture and work life balance
Cons
Compensation/benefits not upto the mark. 3 months notice period is too long
currently not satisfied about the work
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hebbal, Karnataka6 November 2016
satisfactory. I have learnt lot of good things and patience also.

1.Day at work used to moderate ..sometimes hectic and sometimes easy going
2. leared to work as a team
3. management was ok
4. co workers were friendly and helpful
5. salary structure was not good enough
6. Good team and clarity of work to be done.
proper process to followed at work space.ers are also quite good but
Cons
long hours, no holidays on saturdays
Give a platform to show your ability and give chance to improvisation.
Incident Manager (Current Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh12 December 2016
I had a great experience being a part of HCL and got an opportunities where I can make my career ahead and in a better way that has shown me a path where I can see my self and make my career.. Also I had been through leaning skills within this organisation without paying extra, although salary was the main concern but still in terms of growth this is the best company I have seen as well as I would like to thank this company as I have started my career with this organisation and had a great experience. Would like to join again in the future.
Pros
Comfortable
Cons
Pay less
You may advance very fast if you are a hard and dedicated worker
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka3 February 2017
HCL has given me god hike and is a great workplace, it has given me promotion as well recognizing my hard work and promoted me from Call Taking Application support profile to Escalation management Team. Helped me learn about analysis and approach according to client's requirement.

However, my mid year appraisal work wise was satisfying but payment was not increased as compared to job responsibilities. There is no incentives as well.less scope to earn, but huge scope to learn and advance.
Pros
Great scope to advance hierchy wise
Cons
no incentive, less increment
Good Company to work with as it provides job security, friendly work culture.
Senior Specialist (Storage) (Former Employee) –  Noida, India16 January 2017
A typical day at work is like starting with normal work and having lot of fun with colleagues. I learned to have more fun and getting less stressed at work. Management is approachable. Co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is that it takes up lot of your time when some activity is performed like upgrades etc so have to dedicate days and nights for it. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it has friendly work environment and is less stressful.
Pros
Team outings, team building activities
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Average place to work
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh25 January 2017
HCL, an Average place to work but job security is Good.
management is very poor.Even they make the policies and management employees don't know the policies.
HR is very very poor. HR should be the independent body.
If you raise your voice against anything then your manager and HR will make your fool and eat your job.
HCL is a good company
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh1 February 2017
HCL is a good company. here work life is very balanced. HCL is a process oriented company and the employee has authority to talk with HR at any time but now i am looking outside for getting the better opportunities.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
salary culture
Long sustained company, for Lon GF 40 years. 100% job security
Lead Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu9 October 2016
Good place for work life balance. Salary negotiation is good at joining. Hike will be less in the appraisal. Flexible timing, value generation culture and good place for innovation. Licence for employees, believe in employee engagement rather imposing strict rules example there is no punching system, entry and exit time.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Hike Wil be considerably less
Goog Company to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu24 November 2016
Good company to work. Job Security & Job work/Life Balance.Good environment & Culture. Work Pressure is less. Management also good. Salary & Benefits also nice hcl.
Pros
good salary
Cons
nil
closed work culture, too much of management hassle.
Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka25 January 2017
closed work culture, too much of management hassle.
Good for developers and senior developers etc. Middle management will face hassle with the top management who has been there for decades .No job security. not good for senior profiles.
There’s evidence that people who have fun at work are happier, healthier, motivated, and more productive than their stressed-out counterparts
Assistant Manager Finance (Commercial Accounting) (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh7 November 2016
The activities were related to month end close, I learned how to work in a pressure situation and take individual decisions, Management & co- employees appreciates, I enjoyed to work with various divisions as a team during these activities, Delivered on time with accuracy and lots of joy with teammates. It was a good time to work with HCL
Pros
Lots of fun and family get to gather during festival season
Cons
Working for a long hours was occassional
Good place to learn lot of new things
Senior Executive (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu14 November 2016
Work pressure would be fair.
Team management, building rapport with the International clients and strong domain knowledge.
Good co-workers
long hours at office
Customers handling
Pros
Team management, we can gain good domain knowledge and how to handle cleints
Cons
Salary package, Long hours of working