HCL Technologies Employee Reviews

Found 2,657 reviews matching the search
Analyst, Developer, Software Tester
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu6 January 2017
My typical day at work is to solve discrepancies in the OLAP Cube reports and analyse the trend of the holiday bookings and revenues.

Provide detailed transactions related Pre and Post Bookings

Develop and provide service improvements to the existing applications.

My experience helped me to learn multiple technologies and interrelate it with Business knowledge.

Our Management provides freedom to showcase our talents to our Business team and reward it in a way that helps us to learn and improve the overall process.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to analyse every part of code which helps me to visualize the architecture and spot the issue in a much quicker way.
Review about my experience in HCL
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu16 January 2017
Great company but management needs alot improvement and experience. There's no compassionate when employees are sick. It's the job first, not the employees that make the company run on a daily basis. You can be working there for years and looked over for alot of opportunities. New employees come in making the same pay you're making and you've been there for years. The make false promises on raises, they even say we don't offer increases..
Productive and fun working at friendly environment
Graduate Engineer Trainee (Current Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh7 January 2017
With loads to learn in a profuse and friendly atmosphere. Even a typical day feels like anew life. Knowledge sharing sessions and helpful seniors helps in embracing the new challenges with great zeal and tremendous team support. Fun at work is what we have experienced so far while working in the firm. Overall experience has been great and beyond my satisfaction limits.
Pros
free lunches, free healthcare facilities etc.
Cons
short breaks and night shifts
Call centre based role
Senior Technical Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh25 December 2016
This was my last role in India. The job included Technical Support to DSL (broadband) customers in USA, for a leading USA based company. This is a call centre and the service was provided over phone. The typical issues encountered were connectivity and email related issues. In addition to this we used Peoplesoft CRM to manage customer account information.
Pros
Employee and management relations are good
Cons
Working hours were always night shifts.
Great work-life balance with total job security
CAD Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jigani, Karnataka28 December 2016
There is no strict working hours; get the work done and leave office policy. Great infrastructure and cafeteria. Company do not terminate workers like in other companies, i.e job security is high. Management is bit complicated and is hard to convince or get yearly perks. A long notice period also ensures other companies are less likely to favour if we are looking for a job change.
Pros
No strict hours. Name tag. Variety of food options. Free tea/coffee.
Cons
HR drama. Management politics if you ever made a problem.
Good company for a settling job.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Noida5 January 2017
The working culture was quite easy to adapt for an employ. I joined as a fresher after under graduation. Training program of three months was nice. But project assignation was not at all dependent on what we learned in training. If we get good development project, we can learn. Since it's a service based company, most of the projects are mainly concerned with application support. Management was good. Since it was my first company, I enjoyed every moment there learning and exploring new things every day.
Pros
Great work-life balance.
Good Company to work with as it provides job security, friendly work culture.
Senior Specialist (Storage) (Former Employee) –  Noida, India16 January 2017
A typical day at work is like starting with normal work and having lot of fun with colleagues. I learned to have more fun and getting less stressed at work. Management is approachable. Co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is that it takes up lot of your time when some activity is performed like upgrades etc so have to dedicate days and nights for it. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it has friendly work environment and is less stressful.
Pros
Team outings, team building activities
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Give a platform to show your ability and give chance to improvisation.
Incident Manager (Current Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh12 December 2016
I had a great experience being a part of HCL and got an opportunities where I can make my career ahead and in a better way that has shown me a path where I can see my self and make my career.. Also I had been through leaning skills within this organisation without paying extra, although salary was the main concern but still in terms of growth this is the best company I have seen as well as I would like to thank this company as I have started my career with this organisation and had a great experience. Would like to join again in the future.
Pros
Comfortable
Cons
Pay less
Best place for a fresher to start the career
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  chennai19 December 2016
As a fresher to the IT HCL tech provided me the best platform to enrich my knowledge. Provided the best training in networks and core java. Selection procedure to projects was not that simple. But project work load was managable. Company provided enough leisure activities and fun games for relaxation. Woring culture is so good, co- workers are very supporting. I enjoyed my carrier in HCL tech
Most secure and friendly environment
ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu25 November 2016
I had received document from customer and analyzing it and respond to the customer.and I have learned so many things like Excel and Microsoft office.I am very good at excel.very friendly manner environment and management as well as very kindly and inspirational workers.and hardest part of the job is had received many scenarios and also this is the most enjoyable part of the job also and i have learned so many things.
currently not satisfied about the work
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hebbal, Karnataka6 November 2016
satisfactory. I have learnt lot of good things and patience also.

1.Day at work used to moderate ..sometimes hectic and sometimes easy going
2. leared to work as a team
3. management was ok
4. co workers were friendly and helpful
5. salary structure was not good enough
6. Good team and clarity of work to be done.
proper process to followed at work space.ers are also quite good but
Cons
long hours, no holidays on saturdays
Exellent organization to work with prevailing good work culture
HR Executive (Current Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh15 January 2017
Entirely Fun at workplace with everyday work enjoyable...good work life balance & zero work pressure...got opportunity to learn wide variety of things via various training sessions...good management...helpful & supportive colleagues...Meeting challenges & learning simultaneously to cope with them was really fun & enjoyable
Pros
Flexible working hours
A Creative organizational development executive with 10 months Experience .
Asset Management procurement (Current Employee) –  Chennai,Tamilnadu,India24 October 2016
Accomplishments are well beyond reasonable, but demanding standards of performance, especially in the key areas of responsibility. These individuals consistently demonstrate truly outstanding achievements in terms of quality and quantity of output.

Performance clearly meets all major requirements of the position in terms of quality and quantity of output. Individuals of this level consistently perform in an effective and professional manner.
Good Company to work
Senior Manager- Global Sales Management (Current Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh16 October 2016
HCL is a good company to work with provided you get the right opportunity and right management to work with. I have learned professionalism as well as developed excellent people management skills. From IT Operations to Sales Operations has brought my learning curve up. Team is excellent to work with but management should be right to give you directions and help you to grow.
Pros
Good learning oportunities
Cons
Salary appraisals and management
*Good life balance
Backup Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu19 November 2016
Pros
*Good life balance
*Provided responsibility to complete the task
* Good for small Time stay only
Cons
Not much to learn
Proper "lala Company"
No Vision
Very frequent Top Management change
Advice to Management
Get Long term vision and act on it
Pros
Provided responsibility to complete the task * Good for small Time stay only
Cons
Not much to learn Proper "lala Company
Healthcare Domain
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  chennai18 October 2016
working under Production support and maintainence, where my platform under Informatica tool and UNIX,oracle usage is also required.
myself with team members of three persons,one at onsite.
monthly and weekly our job at our application is highly recommendable as primary applications and source system for rest of applications under this project.
Pros
established organization
Cons
lack of collaboration and innovation
Great place to be for a stress free job
Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka11 December 2016
It was a good experience to be with Air India.The helping mentality of my colleagues was really great. I was able to learn lots of new things especially remote support.

People in Air India have always been a motivation and had given the right guidance to built my career.
Pros
Work space, GM, Colleagues
Cons
Long Hours, Location(40 Km from my room)
Great place to work with different people
IT Analyst, SCCM Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu11 October 2016
The day starts with logging into and looking at the bin for the tickets, then gradually goes into work and fun parallel. Support from Leads and manager is spontaneous on any issues. Learnt things related to computers, Outlook and various other applications related to the process. The hardest part of the job is to clear or keep your Bin clean with minimum tickets. Enjoyable part of the job is to learn new issues and try to bang into every possible way to find its turnaround.
Pros
Catalysts, movies, games
Cons
No long breaks
Long sustained company, for Lon GF 40 years. 100% job security
Lead Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu9 October 2016
Good place for work life balance. Salary negotiation is good at joining. Hike will be less in the appraisal. Flexible timing, value generation culture and good place for innovation. Licence for employees, believe in employee engagement rather imposing strict rules example there is no punching system, entry and exit time.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Hike Wil be considerably less
working with energetic and fun loving people here and learned a lot from them regarding IT culture
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka13 January 2017
Working with energetic and fun loving people here and learned a lot from them regarding IT culture.Also build up my technical skills with working in challenging and competitive environment.
Pros
very healthy environment for working as a fresher
Cons
shift constraints