HCL Technologies Employee Reviews in India

Found 1,208 reviews matching the search
Great company to learn and implement ideas.
Escalation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduApril 16, 2016
I worked with HCL cisco Portfolio.
One of the best companies which pro actively keep the people on toes for continuous improvement and learning. They give significant support about the choice of learning.

Very good leadership skills both at technical level and management level.

Very good Job security and job rotations.

Slightly less pay scale as compared to other service sectors.
Pros
Great leadership, high technical competency, great work life balance
Cons
Poor salary revision.
Effective in gaining knowledge, but salary is very low
Executive Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduApril 23, 2016
I am a contract employee in HCL. Effective in gaining knowledge, but salary is very low.
Each and every day is challenging, should monitor the device keenly and troubleshoot it carefully.
I have Learned how the network devices works and how to configure and manage it.
Management is good but they are lazy to do any needful to the employees.
My salary is the most hardest part
Most enjoyable part of this job is the job nature(like a puzzle) should find the answer with in the given time. and all my co-workers are cooperative in works and friendly behavior.
Superb
Junior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Noida, Uttar PradeshMarch 20, 2016
16+ months of work experience in HCL Technologies, Noida as Junior Engineer Product Support. Having good knowledge of NRM, FMS, COMA, UCM, SHAREPOINT, LEC GUI, REACT and other tools required for circuit installation and disconnection.
Deal with the creation of order in the form of trunk circuits (DS1, DS0) as VTE traffic group member and then their provisioning i.e. their disconnection through various tools like NRM, FMS, OTIS, etc. in WIS department of Sprint Telco as provisioner. Also have good knowledge in wireline circuit installation.
A carefree workplace with less career progression chances
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  ChennaiMarch 18, 2016
The only good thing about HCL during my time there was that there was no check-in and check-out times everyday. You can go in whenever you want and go home likewise with the only condition that you finish the work before deadline. Other than that, there is little to no career progression for those who want to progress rapidly. You should be prepared mentally to stay in that environment for a long haul (atleast 5 years) to gain progress. And, I also felt that the salary they paid to me was not worth even for half the work that I did.
Pros
No fixed timing
Cons
Less career progression, less salary
Very good plcae to work
MS SQL Database Administrator. (Current Employee) –  chennaiApril 12, 2016
To secure a challenging position where I can effectively contribute my skills as Database Administrator

The Project is pharma company and we need to follow the client defined process. So we will take care of the request from the client for the day to day operations. we will together as a team when we work for multiple technical teams onsite and off shore teams. Overall its more fun and good environment to work.
Cons
Work and recongnization, motivation for QA
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduMarch 22, 2016
1. Clients are good, management is not good to support engineers

2. Time management system is not good, staying more than 11 hours in office (if there is no work also because manager is there we need to sit in office )

3. Colleagues are good and very flexible work with them.

4. Balancing work really painful and putting lot of efforts no proper recolonization. Client appreciation never work with internal management
Work life balance is good
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMarch 14, 2016
For a large organization such as HCL, it is imperative to have a strong support system for Delivery and Enabling functions to run their operations smoothly and effectively.
Following objectives are driven by our team.
1.Adopt a structured and scientific approach to implement all existing and new changes / enhancements.
2.Model all our internal processes (automated or manual) so that these can be critically reviewed. By modeling, we refer to:

Good work life balance is available. Mentored by good leaders.
Customer Satisfaction
Customer Service Executive (Analyst) (Former Employee) –  ChennaiMarch 26, 2016
Karur Vysya Bank is a doyen in the banking sector built on the edifice of trust, faith and efficient and quick service. Efficient functioning of the bank and sustained efforts of each and every officer and staff has placed the bank in a high pedestal in the banking sector. Services of Karur Vysya Bank are appreciated by the customers and that is the real strength of the bank application.
Worked as Technical Specialist
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, IndiaMarch 7, 2016
It is a great company to work.
Management is employ friendly and makes all policies towards employ satisfaction.
Working at this company will improve your technical skills and HCL will make sure that you are running with all required industrial skills.
Even compensation is also better if we negotiate.
Pros
Provides all technical trainings to meet client requirements.
Cons
Working in 24*7 is littlebit hard for me.
A Company that is Good If your at Higher designation
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Noida, Uttar PradeshFebruary 27, 2016
>A typical day at work can be challenging or can be a free day depending on the project you are assigned to.

>I learned a lot as the project I was assigned to had good learning opportunities and mentors to learn from.

>Management can be existent or absent as per their requirement. Hard to say.

>Depends totally on your project.

>Hardest part of job is learning and implementation of that knowledge. Work culture is not aimed towards productivity.

>I had a great team which helped me in development of both technical and corporate skills.
Pros
Free time, less work load, job security
Cons
Work culture
Good organization to work with, lack of new innovative work is where lies its limitations
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraApril 11, 2016
I started off at this company and have come a long way both individually and professionally. The co-workers have been great all along and have helped me whenever required. The toughest part has been the immense pressure i have handled working for one of the toughest client of our organisation under a heavily secured condition.
A typical Day at work
Storage Consultant (Former Employee) –  ChennaiFebruary 22, 2016
• Design and implement storage based on requirement
• Rapid response to major storage incidents and ability to be SME for high level escalations
• Drive improvements and controlled change to storage infrastructure and implementation of new
Technologies.
• Delivery of storage projects/technologies in line with
SLA's to meet business needs.
• Team lead responsibilities including; direction and guidance for engineers, project resources and being
business facing expert for storage team.
Pros
Lot of Pros
Cons
No onsite
HCL gives the opportunity to grow technically
CAD Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaApril 25, 2016
• Understanding the product functions and parts in order to work on better design.
• Making modification in the existing drawing as per customer requirement.
• Performing design, modeling and engineering drawings of mechanical components and systems
• Assigned tasks of implementing standards set for all drawings in Design & Drafting Dept.
• Heading various team meetings.
Awesome work place to evolve as a proffessional
Design Engineer / MTS (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaApril 19, 2016
A lot of opportunities is given to individuals to evolve and gain good Engineering knowledge in the day to day work. Management: depends on which team you are in.
Bit hectic, enjoyable, good co-workers
Take away's: time management, mentoring, Designing, Prototype development, Responsibility, working in Team, Working individually, on time delivery
Productive and fun workplace
Associate Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sec 126, NoidaApril 10, 2016
HCL gives freedom to work at one's own leisure. Sound system and high technology, good management and intellectual staff.

The hardest part of the job is to meet up the deadline on time since it includes dependencies of several stakeholders.
Pros
facilities like free cabs, work from home
Cons
Salary structure not provided as per the allocated bands
Work, Fun,Improve and Diversify
marketing executive (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJanuary 25, 2016
HCL Tech is a great place to start your career. The company has an comprehensive training program, helping personnel and high work ethics.
The day starts at around 9:30 to 10:30(flexible for different teams), co-workers are co-operative.
Long meetings can be avoided, which sometimes are tiring
Most enjoyable part of job was always war rooms where a lot is spoken mercury rises but it is the best learning place where you can innovate by association.
Pros
Team work is best
Cons
Unnecessary meetings
Secured Workplace - extended work hours - average compensation
Senior Executive/ Business Analyst, (Former Employee) –  Chennai, TNFebruary 3, 2016
HCL has been a good and great place to work which focused on Employee first - few years ago.

This Concept has become obsolete now and it is turning out to be an ordinary work spot with average pay. Please keep in mind - work more and life less... has been the mantra.
Pros
Secured place to work as like a govt company
Cons
biased, less room for career improvement
Overall a fine company
technical lead (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraJanuary 21, 2016
I'm working in this company from last three months and till now its just a same-as-other kind-a satisfactory company. the tagline employee first customer second is just a mere tagline nothing more than that. Management is not that aggressive. good onsite short term opportunities ( just heard not sen people going). Worst Part is probation of 1 Year.
Pros
12 months probation period, no aggressive management. too many processes for simple things like to get stationary itself etc
Cons
work life balance, no in time out time monitoring.
Good to start corporate culture
Senior Executive (FP&A) (Current Employee) –  Noida, Uttar PradeshFebruary 22, 2016
HCL Technologies is a good company to start one's professional career. It gives you opportunity to learn and grow. Mangers/Leaders are very helpful and supportive in making you understand the process & requirements so that one can deliver the desired outcome within the given time frame along with accuracy.
Pros
Work flexibility
Cons
Monetary benefits
Fun workplace with much great learning experience
senior analyst (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJanuary 16, 2016
I was able to learn and experience both good and bad at my workplace which indeed has made me productive and fit for the present day industry.
Timely approach for griefs weren't accounted of by the management which actually stresses out an employee very badly.
The co-workers have been the best part of my journey,the time spend with them professionally and personally has been really a great experience that I still value and look forward to it wherever I work in future.
Pros
cab service
Cons
24*7 support