Hach Company Employee Reviews

It was fun, relaxing but hectic at time. Overall I enjoyed it
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 13, 2018
Be on time,be efficient and on point with your work. No shortcuts, take pride in your work. Have fun but work hard doing your job at the same time. Expand your knowledge with the company, don't stick to 1 station.
Pros
Pot lucks
Cons
Health care and pay
Think twice
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 24, 2018
Culture has been going downhill for several years. Management expects you to put in well over the 40hrs/wk without compensation or comp time. Travel for the company is very strict and look for lowest fares. Regardless of role or frequency of travel they expect you to take the least fare and always sit in the rear of the plane. I do not recommend traveling for this company.

Management - not leadership (I'm still trying to find leadership at the company) - is very hard and noses buried in spreadsheets and numbers. If you don't hit the numbers you are in trouble. They want you to act like a manager but trash you in the end because you are overstepping the boundaries. If you want to move up you need to be a brown-noser and have certain degrees. Very little room for moving up in the company unless you are in the special crowd.

I enjoy working with my coworkers and interacting with customers. Providing quality instrumentation to customers for water quality is important and there is a need in the world.

Overall, if you find a good manager and department then work is a joy. But there seems to be a lot of the other way of things.
Pros
Cafateria on-site, benefits
Cons
Working hours and life/work ballance, management
wokrplace culture
Field Sales Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 11, 2018
I think the job can be difficult because we have lots of departments and the communication between them is lacking, It can make hard to get the work done correctly.
Pros
You can learn a lot if you are willing to put in the effort
Cons
I wish I had more advancement opportunities.
Great place to Work
Electronics/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ames, IowaSeptember 29, 2017
From day one I thought that Hach Company was a great place to work. They provided thing that enhanced you work experience such as a weight room, game room, periodic massages and much more.
Pros
Atmosphere, Family friendly
Cons
Needed more pay
Illusion of opportunity
Operator II (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 11, 2017
Hach fosters the illusion of being competitive, fair, well paying, quality driven, amongst other things. None of those things are true. They do not pay a living wage, no merit compensation that means anything.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Pay, communication, management, systems.
Hach
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 1, 2017
Company has excellent business systems but poorly executed people systems. They demand a lot from each worker but blame many system problems on the people. If they can correct their low moral issue this would be an outstanding place to work. Talk to the line worker off the record and you will see their Operations area has a big problem that they are trying to keep in the closet. They have lost a lot of good people due to this issue.
Hach Field Service Tech
Senior Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 1, 2017
Working as a FST has it's up's and down's. Self paced, independent operations with minimum interaction with management. Paid travel, company vehicle, bonuses based on sales leads. Only scheduled a 4 day work week. Downside is that most jobs are 1-2 hours or more away, then start your 8-10 hours of work on site, with a return drive. On many occasions, overnight stay is required and you may be on the road for an entire week. As a service tech, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SELL and not meeting goals will effect performance review. At times, administrative support is lacked and you may have to make multiple requests for that admin support.
Pros
Independent operator, bonuses, paid travel
Cons
Extended overnight travel, required sales goals, admin support
A strong company in the water analyzing industry
Senior Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 6, 2017
Hach company is a good company providing analytical instruments and service to help municipalities and beverage and power companies maintain local and state health requirements.
Pros
Lots of travel, paid meals and lodging when working more than 1.5 hours from home.
Cons
Sometimes management is more interested in "numbers" than taking care of the customers.
Breaks spread out evenly competetive co workers to keep things interesting in a production environment.
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAAugust 2, 2017
Learned dot regulations for packaging hazardous chemicals.
Hardest part of the job was honestly just being on your feet, if you can stand for an entire shift you are pretty well set.
Horrible Work Environment
Senior Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 1, 2017
Poor work-life balance. Too much area to cover alone. No training. Poor leadership. Not enough time allotted during the work week to complete all expense reports, manage inventory, plan ahead and set up jobs, and complete customer reports. Only 4 hours of admin time allotted to each field service rep. OT could not be admin time.
Hated this job
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 31, 2017
One of the worst jobs I've ever had. 55 hour weeks are usually a minimum and not to mention you basically work six days a week all year. Most employees are worthless but their are the few hard workers. Very unorganized and would honestly probably never recommend working there.
Don't buy into the propaganda
Time management (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 27, 2017
Yes the benefit package is nice but for a multi million dollar company there does not seem to be any reason for the madness. Just in time material management is hurry up and wait for parts most of which are manufactured on campus. If you work on the production floor some of the benefits don't apply to you, unless you are a carpet walker. Unless you have a masters don't bather applying to Hach. If you still want to work for a shop that will have you working Saturdays a more often then not, have a yearly revue that has unreachable bench marks on it and as long as you get a 3.0 average on you your a good associate and get to keep you job. During this revue they talk about goal for the year that are never relay met do to all the other work that you have to do just to keep product moving as you wait for parts.

If your a carpit walker with a masters degree Hach is a grate place to work. If you in production and want a dead end job not a career go for it, or if you need a job that will keep a roof over your family, food on the table, and close on your back Hach will do that. Just don't have any expectations on getting any ware with it at Hach, unless you make it happen for yourself.
Good people to work with
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 27, 2017
Most days there was plenty to do, there were times that things were really slow and not a lot to do. Management seemed to care about their employees for the most part, though that depends on the department you work in.
Dont do it
Plastic Injection Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 24, 2017
shady people who do whatever it takes to make themselves look good. Poor poor poor management and resources. No respect given to anyone who isnt a manager. They play favorites and keep the slackers and fire the hard working ones.
Pros
Cons
everything
A decent place
Plastic Mold Injection Operator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 17, 2017
I loved the people and the environs was great. I did feel decieve drew for the reason when I appliedim sure the ad said 12 to 15 per hour and with all my experience I was started at 15. Then I had 3 weeks of training which was ok but after four or five months I was never approached about being hired or a raise and I more then excelled at my position.
great place with fantastic leadership and products
Contractor Performance, Vetting new Sub (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 19, 2017
great place with fantastic leadership and products I worked in Loveland Colorado for almost 6 years and loved every minute of it. Hach has a great assortment of Benefits and opportunities
High productivity environment offering learning oppurtunities
Machinist II (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 25, 2017
Hach is a fast paced company that makes quality parts that contribute to clean water globally.

Machine setups occur several times per day.

Hach is supportive of extended education as well as in house training.

Work place culture is team oriented and upward mobility friendly.

I work weekends which is a very nice shift with minimal turn over.
Pros
Minimal machinist turn over
Cons
Managerial turn over
tempoary position
Ames - Purchasing Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAMay 18, 2017
I worked at a temp position at Hach and found it to be not my cup of tea. I was placed in a room at a table with my computer facing the wall. Permanent employees in the room were seated mostly as a group. Permanent employees never once said "Good Morning" to me. Very sad environment to work in. My Manager left the country for 2 weeks and never informed me of such. Totally treated as a temp employee. Not good!
Pros
Good pay and nice hours
Cons
Not a friendly environment as a temp employee
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAMay 9, 2017
Willing to work with my schedule. Helpful I can work part time after my full time job and very understanding. Love the people I work with and everyone is friendly.
Metric driven company with Borg-like acquisition strategies
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northern ColoradoMay 1, 2017
Continuous improvement drives this company. They have sound strategies for growing their business.

Work culture that is experienced depends on the individual departments and their managers.

If a person likes quick thinking and continuous challenges, this is a great place to work.

Compensation and advancement opportunities for women could be better
Pros
Free soft serve ice-cream and coffee
Cons
Metrics lead to micromanagement at expense of bigger picture success