EngenderHealth Employee Reviews

Meaningful Place to Work
Former Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2017
For over 70 years this organization has helped millions of people around the world in regards to reproductive health rights. Employees are passionate, brilliant, and very dedicated. Can't say the same for management- who is overpaid, lack interpersonal skills, and have no strategy for the future of the organization.

In a time where most companies are progressive and strive for work life balance and benefits EngenderHealth is regressing. More and more benefits are being taken away from employees who are not appreciated and often treated as disposable.
Pros
Good health and retirement benefits
Cons
Uncertainty, Instability, Poor management, lack of funding
Used to be a great place, even with its share of problems
Senior Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2017
Do a lot of due dilligence before considering this place right now. There has been a lot of change in the last 2 years or so and its relevancy or effectiveness is in serious question.
I will not recommend to anyone
Senior Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2017
I learned a lot at Engenderhealth, but I would never work in for them again. The jobs are very demanding and there is no work-life balance. I was stressed and I could no longer keep up with the pace because it was too much.
doing good things
FMAS (Former Employee) –  444 9th AveJuly 15, 2016
This is not a well run place. They have their priorities our of order. The travel is absurd!! A lot of good people with their hearts in the right place but nearly a complete lack of serious management. Staff are clueless about field activities. Donor rules are merely guidelines and often are ignored. Financial management of program staff does not exist at all.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No managmeent skills
small office in midtown
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2015
family oriented, nice people to be around

started as a temp and got hired permanently within a matter of months.

I really don't appreciate having to rate any of the companies I have worked for forcibly by this site.
friendly working environment
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lalitpur, NepalSeptember 22, 2015
The management was supportive and we had fun working with the supervisors and the colleague and learning from them. I had to work under the pressure to meet the deadlines of the assigned task under the minimal supervision which was a great challenge. The enjoyable part in the office was friendly environment and transparency in work.
Productive place to work. High performing teams.
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2014
Typical days aren't typical on the phone skype and other means of communication to ensure offices are and priorities are moving seamlessly.

Work hard play hard culture with a great mission.
Pros
travel and staff
Cons
hours and travel
Productive and fun workplace
Junior Accountant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2013
Productive and fun workplace where I learned and improved my skills and knowledge