EF International Language Centers Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Productive and fun workplace
Homestay coordinator (Former Employee) –  BrightonSeptember 2, 2017
At EF International Language Centres I had to do a lot of work and help at Homestay office to place students and find families. During the summer it was busy which was hard to manage it all, but at the same time it was fun and productive due to good HR.
Pros
Great HR
Cons
A lot to do
Fun and friendly place to work!
Welfare Officer (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, East SussexAugust 15, 2017
From the moment I started here everyone made me feel very welcome. The job was tough sometimes but my collegues made an effot to help when they could.
Pros
Welcoming staff, Meeting people from around the world.
Cons
Can be long hours.
EF is a Machine that uses its employees and spits them out
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 8, 2017
We were asked to lie on timesheets so the company would not have to pay us over time. The management is cold hearted (Miami) as they are insensitive to anyone who doesn't have white skin...roaches and mold are a few of the problems...go somewhere where you will be valued and have a future.
Pros
meeting students and sodexo staff is nice
Cons
pay is low and company is always have an emergency and overworking us
If you're ready for a terrible experience, get on the EF ride!
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  OnlineApril 28, 2017
The only good thing about EF is the opportunity to meet some extremely interesting people from all over the world. Aside from some of the students, the company itself is terrible. They nickel and dime you for pennies and they are chronically late paying you your monthly salary. They expect you to do a lot of work for an extremely low wage; well below the industry standard.

Additionally, if you work for them, make sure that you have another source of income, as you cannot rely on them to pay you on "pay day."

Otherwise, it's a great way to practice your foreign language skills and to meet interesting people.
Pros
The students
Cons
1. The pay; and 2. They don't pay you on time.
Great colleagues, lovely offices
ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 11, 2017
Meet lots of interesting clients from many countries
Professional work environment
Well stocked library
Two On-site cafeterias
Private offices provided
Buena energia
Sales Coordinador (Former Employee) –  Cumana, VenezuelaFebruary 15, 2017
El grupo EF me parece increible, tuve la oportunidad en el kickoff anual de conocer a oficinas de muchos países. Ame su forma de trabajar y la alegría y ganas de trabajar, de la buena atención con los clientes. Ellos fueron mi escuela y no me canso de agradecerles.

Descanso?, si tenia. Breaks....
Terrible to work if your not in the click
Facilities and Technology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East SussexJanuary 16, 2017
EF is a good place to work if you manage to work your way into the popular group if not you are quickly pushed out.

Everyone is constantly talking behind everyone elses back ( this is nation wide) Massive egos and power trips by many people.
The good people only last a year or so before they move on or are pushed.

I worked as a manager and also as an activities leader and I can say that as a activities leader i was treated very badly and unprofessionally. Hours were given to people they liked by the manager ( the women ) and I was only called when no one else wanted to do it.

They claim to be a friendly company full of smiles but this is only the surface.

I made some great friends while working here but I met far more people I wish to never see again.
Pros
Meet people from around the world
Cons
zero hours, gossiping, fake people.
EF Los Angeles Staff really cares
Full Time Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 10, 2017
As an experienced ESL teacher, I joined EF for Summer classes. I opted to stay on the permanent teacher staff because I really loved the positive atmosphere at the Los Angeles campus: Teachers were serious and passionate about their craft and were very helpful and encouraging to each other. It is actually mandated in teacher training that the school maintain a positive work environment, and the staff really does do that. The Management staff is always friendly and helpful. I always had an issue resolved and followed up with.
Pros
Teamwork, Positive atmosphere, serious teachers
Cons
Old building, campus is scheduled to close in April 2017.
Challenging and disorganized
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYDecember 19, 2016
Started working in the Administration office but was moved to replace the secretary. Continued trying to work with Administration while also taking on the duties of secretary. Did not feel that this company was invested in me as a person and saw a lot of turnover in other departments as a result.
Pros
Learned basic office skills
Cons
Disorganized management
Позитивная атмосфера, дружный коллектив,
Academic intern (Former Employee) –  DublinDecember 9, 2016
В мои обязанности входил контроль за своевременным поступлением документов в академ. отдел, поэтому первым делом новый рабочий день я начинала с проверки просроченных документов и повторный их запрос. Я являлась ассистентом директора академ. департамента и в основном выполняла любые ее поручения (например: отпраивть по почте сертификаты, составить расписание для студенов, печать документов, сортировка и т д). Благодаря правильному обучению, я быстро освоилась в новой компбютерной программе и влилась в рабочий процесс. Мои коллеги постоянно приходили мне на помощь, если я испытывала какие либо трудности в работе. Руководство так же всячески поддерживало и грамотно мотивировало. Самая трудная часть работы была сортировка документов в иерархическом порядке и контроль за их выполнением, так как в определенный момент времени их поступало огромное количество и часто документы я получала не вовремя. Наиболее приятная часть работы состояла в постоянном общении со студентами и помощь в решении их проблем.
Pros
Бесплатные поездки на экскурсии, притяные сюрпризы на работе (например: бесплатное мороженое)
Cons
это была неоплачиваемая стажировка
Bad managment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2016
Sales oriented, has no idea how to run English schools.
Messes up teacher pay all the time. Does not pay well.
Poor benefits. No job security. Your worth is based on personality only.
Pros
Cons
Many
lovely place to learn different things
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  深圳市June 16, 2016
in EF, i usually work as teaching assistants, assist teacher to organize the class, take care of children. i have learned how to communicate with children and build connection between student and teacher. all the stuff here are nice and friendly and i really enjoy to work with children and teenager.
clueless
Activity Leader (Former Employee) –  EastbourneMarch 16, 2016
never knew what i was doing, never got to work properly, took 2 weeks to get me signed up. Never even got to do a job, then quickly replaced within 1 week.
Pros
Cons
no hours