Chegg Employee Reviews

Good work & personal life balance
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiAugust 19, 2017
Good work culture allowing working at your own pace. Only drawback is you have to be working during the night hours but that's only because it serves the students from a western time zone.
Pros
Working at your own pace
Cons
Needs contribution during night hours
good place to learn while you earn.
expert answerer (Current Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshJuly 26, 2017
The Chegg company gives a person or a student in specific to earn while you earn. I personally suggest this company for students who have completed their graduation and looking forward to crack the technical examinations like GATE ,IES or anyother PSU.
Good option to earn while learning
Freelance Q&A Expert (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraJune 29, 2017
This one is all about managing time and having qualitative academics. Increment is out of option but occasional bonus keeps on popping. Environment is good.
give full freedom to work.
Chemistry Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pilkhua, Uttar PradeshJune 27, 2017
It is a platform from where everyone one can learn and earn simultaneously.It will give the feeling of financial and mental freedom because you can earn while study in college and can take care of yourself financially.
Pros
easy
Could be better
Freelance Trainer (Current Employee) –  IndiaJune 26, 2017
Could be better. Not worth a full time occupation; just something to fall back upon when nothing else is working for you. No growth. Odd work hours. No work for months and then too much work in bursts. No growth.
Good Company
Executive Administration and Operation (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiJune 21, 2017
Company was good but some seniors were not good enough to be at the position they got.

Working environment and majority of staff was friendly in nature.
Pros
Salary and Bonus
Cons
Some senior Staff
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  IndiaMay 7, 2017
No job security and no incremental growth , business is increasing with 50% growth rate every year but management wants their expert to work on same price /Question since 2 years
Cons
Job security
Good
Mechanical Engineer Expert (Current Employee) –  Agra, Uttar PradeshApril 22, 2017
.Management is very Supportive
.I Enjoy Working at Chegg
.Get Good Working Experience
.Management Motivates for good Quality Work
.Provide Quality Solutions.
productive place
English Editor (Current Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshApril 16, 2017
Great work Life Balance
Salary, rewards and recognitions highly biased
Growth prospects NIL
Management diplomatic but few very good people
Hard work never paid
Culture - Academic, Intellectual, down to earth people
Lovely colleagues barring few
Salary, bonus on time
Benefits - not bad
Employee centric to an extent
Pros
Subsidized lunch, good work atmosphere, timely pay, approachable mgmt
Cons
Hard work not recognized, no growth
Innovative company
MNE (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraApril 6, 2017
I am currently working as MNE at Chegg and I am doing great.
Flexible work hours, good pay and challenging stuff to do. It is a great opportunity to work with chegg.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
less bonus
good
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshFebruary 18, 2017
subject matter expert in CHEGG INDIA
this is a part time job i have just started working in this to develop my knowledge of the subject there are lot many things which this can help us to develop our skills
Good work culture and opportunities to learn
Subject Matter Expert (Business) (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshFebruary 9, 2017
It is very useful for those who are interested in knowledge sharing and passionate about their subject. It also provides a chance to learn the subject in depth.
Cheated working place
Online Tutor (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshFebruary 3, 2017
Chegg management cheated me regarding to the offline answers and also they will make in security job feeling every day. So I want to quit from chegg if I will get good package in indeed. I need flexible to do work with students question and theire problem in chemistry subject in chegg they will ask unnecessary answer
Cons
Very nice place to work.
Customer care executive and Content Moderator (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiNovember 30, 2016
There are no words to describe my tenure in Chegg. My colleagues, senior and staff all of them were very helpful.It was just like a 2nd home to me. I enjoyed working there and learnt best things of my life.
Expert Answerer (Current Employee) –  Working from homeMay 10, 2016
Experts are expected to answer questions in their area of expertise in a systematic and detailed way. One can get questions from any area in Statistics which is a challenge to solve. Management is quite helpful in case of difficulties.
productive
Managed Network Expert (Former Employee) –  VisakhapatnamApril 21, 2016
It was an online job.Required only authoring of the solutions.So, it was all good.The employees were helpful and co-operative although I was required only rarely to show up at the office.
Good systems in place
Content Writer seeks writing assignments (Former Employee) –  Pune, MHNovember 5, 2015
The company provides all inputs by way of experts' interventions and course material if required. Feedback for work is available with each assignment enabling the service provider to improve his/her offering.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Assignments not continuously available
I work as a freelancer for chegg
Managed Network Expert (Current Employee) –  IndiaSeptember 11, 2015
It is good to work here. It honed my skills of solving more physics problem. I love helping students in solving physics questions.
Good for working at home. not otherwise
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  vishakhatanam, indiaJune 4, 2015
The reimbursement is very less in this day and age. Its all rite for people just working from home and have no choice. otherwise not. Some solution require more time but the reimbursement are the same.
Best Place To Work
CONTENT EDITOR (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, DLMarch 4, 2015
Not only Chegg is one of the best places to work at, but it is also a place with amazing work culture. Imagine a workplace where employees can wear casuals to work every day; who live, work, and play at the same time.

Apart from Salary Benefits, and amazing management, Chegg's got infinite coffee, friendly people, an amazing work culture, and inspired minds who help change the education industry.
Pros
Half Yearly Bonus, Friday Refreshments, Quarterly Parties
Cons
Haven't noticed any yet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chegg. Our community is ready to answer.