Café Coffee Day Employee Reviews in India

• Salary/Benefits
Always busy with business clients and college students.
Head Server (Former Employee), Ahmedabad, GJDecember 28, 2015
Pros: Gain experience in fast-paced environment
Cons: Long hours with low wage rate
It was great experience to work in CCD. This place is always busy and the customers who are always in hurry but its easy and smooth to manage because all co-workers are so supporting to each other.
production
Team member (Former Employee), New Delhi, DelhiMarch 16, 2016
worked there as a line supervisor in a production unit and was dealing with the machine operator and always tries my best to sort out their problems so that our operation goes on a right track and we give the best productions

the hardest part of this line was again the night shifts which i wont be able to manage and my family and friends are always worried for me,

i learn so many good thing from that unit and now my learning from that unit always shows me the right path until now, learn how to make good coffees and also learn how to meet with our guest and how to deal with them,
Productive WorkPlace
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Bangalore, KADecember 24, 2015
Café Coffee Day is a coffee shop for the young and the young at heart. We're part of Coffee Day Global Limited. We source our coffees from thousands of small coffee planters. They and the many plantation workers have truly made us who we are today and we're glad to be a part of their lives. Popularly known as CCD, we strive to provide the best experience to our guests. To put it plainly, we brought in the concept of cafes to India (this is where you thank us!). The first one opened in 1996 on Brigade Road in Bangalore and continues to be one of the most happening places in the city. The young and the young at heart immediately took to the place. A smart, simple space that they could call their own for a while… sit down, talk and listen to conversations, hold short meetings or even have a lot of good fun…all over steaming cups of coffee. CCD today is totally in tune with its target audience. It’s a strong relationship the brand shares. It's been an exciting journey since then, becoming the largest organised retail cafe chain in the country. What's more if your travels take you to Austria, Czech Republic or Malaysia, do stop by our CCDs there for the taste of a blend from home.
Good learning opportunity with poor H R practices
Manager-Quality (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Learnings, challenges
Cons: failure to recognise the talent, HR practice
Organisation structure is functional & tricky. Day starts with lot of task which are challenging & a good learning opportunity. coordinating with inter departments, customers, new products, government authorities is a everyday opportunity. Expect that the Management should identify the talent & rewards for the best service delivered. Experience a kind of nepotism among co workers. Hardest part is the kind of organisation structure which makes the things perplex & takes a long time to execute the tasks & responsibilities.
Productive and fun workplace
Café In charge (Manager) (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: OT
Cons: 9 hours
 Manage of sales and staffs, covering their performance, leaves, attendance and other related areas.
 Coordinate between supply, distribution channels.
 Prepare Monthly sale report
 Workout promotion and plan calendars of events & implement the same with the team.
 Handling of inventory, manpower and complete store activity.
 Implementation of SOPs and follow up for the same
 Mentored and developed the F&B staff.
 Coordinate with the ARM to prepare the target for the month
 Working down on cutting costs
 Visual Merchandising of the café.
 Planning of in store promotional activities and coordinating for promotion.
 Ensure proper safety and security measures, inspect merchandise to ensure it is correctly priced and displayed.

Achievements:
 Successfully achieved the targets when handling the outlets and maintained the Hygiene standard
 Won the best brew master award.
Taking care of customers due to Food & Beverage service.
Guest Relation Executive (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 18, 2015
Pros: Good support from the management.
Cons: Growth rate.
More knowledge about food & beverages.
Billing
Making of Coffees in different ways.
Taking care of Hot & Cold section(eg- cold coffees & Hot coffees)
Taking care of Hygiene issues.
Lot to learn and develop oneself In cafe coffee Day
Area Sales manager (Current Employee), HyderabadJune 23, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: long day
Typically day starts with evaluation the data, reason finding and people management.

Have learned the basics of retailing, coordination, brainstorming, taking up responsibility and onus of the business. The JD included all the aspect of running and growing a business.

Expansion, sales, marketing, BD, institutional sales, ODCs, Branding, customer handling, MIS, logistics, Inventory management, people management, recruitment, legals, grievance handling, budgeting, sales projection, mentoring, training and hand holding for new staff.

Toughest part of the Job:
Customer grievance handling for both internal and external. Internal customer are the toughest to handle.

most enjoyable part of the job:
It is always fun to work with the team, meeting new customers, initiating new business, cracking a deal, expansion like opening a new store.
Productive and Fun
Sr. Executive-Costing &TVA (Former Employee), Bangalore, KarnatakaMarch 24, 2016
Working as Costing and Transaction verification Audit. Most of the time involved in meeting working on the cost control, reviewing reports invoice making sure SOP are followed. It was always fun. Gained lots of knowledge on Tax, Cost control, vendor development and budgeting.
Good Workplace
Asst.Manager-Restaurant (Former Employee), Nashik, MaharashtraApril 17, 2016
Scheduling the Duties for staff,Learned lots of reports,Was responsible for trainings of New Joinees,Directly reporting to Area Manager,Friendly Atmosphere,Month end closing was a tedious task,Handling heavy rush in season time was the most fun part.
Store Supervisor
Team Leader (Former Employee), New DelhiJune 5, 2015
Started my work as trainee in the store in IGI airport.
I have learned all the traits of customer relation, store management, stock management, making orders and furnishing. My company's management have always been supportive and had been guiding me all the time. I have got the best support from seniors and fellow workers. I have learnt to deal with guest with all range of temperaments and age. I really enjoy serving and socializing with them. The hardest part of the job is generally when u have staff crunch, but after that is the most enjoyable part as you understand your caliber and learn to deal with crisis.
Good environment with lost of fun, team member are cooperative and cool
DELI ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Lucknow, UPJanuary 23, 2016
I learned a lots of thing from this job like how to work under pressure, how to make good food and coffee. I also learned that how good we can greet customer so he or she visits us more.
Good for work and have good scope for future.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), yamuna nagar, HaryanaAugust 14, 2015
Got skill of ruining outlet, store P& L, stock inventory, co-workers was helpful and cooperative, regular transfer from one place to other place was hardest part of job, most enjoyable part is have apparition from management.
Work at CCD
Assistant Manager HR, Generalist (Former Employee), Bangalore, IndiaSeptember 22, 2015
Work at Cafe Coffee Day has always been fun and challenging since its a food retail chain, dealing with employees and grievance is always challenging. I have learnt a lot personally and professionally working with CCD. I have worked with great bosses and learnt a lot about leadership techniques. My co workers have always been friendly and supportive.
Hardest part of my job is to terminate employees.
I enjoy most interacting with people . Thats what i love the most because i am a peoples person.
good working plecs
cafe incharge (Former Employee), Mangalore, KAJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: good
Cons: good and cool
all plecs of working i am enjoying and nonlegal,
good learned things about coffee,
good and seaports,
seaportiu co workers,
wihout uttilety,
all aera enjoyable plecs
A day at CCD.
Industrial Trainee (Former Employee), Jaipur ,RajasthanJuly 1, 2015
A regular day at work used to be quite busy except for Saturdays and Sundays and some festive seasons because on these days we used to work to our limits. There used to be just 3 of us at a time and the cafe is full packed. It is a hard work but watching people having cool and hot drinks made by you is more pleasing than that.
I was a student at that time so did not had much idea about the management but I think it was quite nicely managed in terms of quality food, timely audit, inspections by managers etc. The coworkers were usually my friends from my college and we used to have a lot of fun while working. The job was exciting. The hardest part of the job was to get back home. I usually used to get a bus till half way to the cafe in the daytime, but the shift normally used to end on 11:30 and I had to walk all the 11 km to home to go to sleep and get up at 9 to be at work by 11 o' clock. The best part of the job was taking and placing orders.Please let me explain it with and example. I remember a time when a group of 4 middle aged ladies came and had a seat on the sofa. My supervisor told to go and take the order and suggested me with a smile not to ask them if they would like any add-ons. I said I will ask for it and will make sure the they have some. We made a bet. I did not only got add-ons for all of their orders but also got a tip. It made my day.
Leading a team of seven
Assistant Manager (Customer Service) (Former Employee), BangaloreOctober 25, 2015
Oversee everything from the products to the customers. Leading a friendly, hard-working team to deliver the best. Ensuring that store in maintained according to sanitation and cleaning standards. Identify and address issues in store performance. Hire, train and guide store employees in delivering excellent customer service
good
Café Manager (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHApril 19, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: less salary
working with ccd is good experience
but not satisfied with growth plans of employee,
management is good .
salary is low
co workers are best
hardest part of the job is nothing
most enjoyable part of the job is after achieving sales target
Youthful place to work in
Senior Executive - Learning and Development (Current Employee), New Delhi, DLMay 14, 2015
Day at work includes On Job Trainings, Cross Functions Trainings, job evaluation, certifications and promotions

New training techniques
Trainer evaluation techniques
Content Development
Training Module Development
Data Compilation and Presentation

Hardest part of the job is travelling in summers

Support of the co-workers is exceptionally good and harmonus working environment exists.
managing day to day operation at work place
Lounge Café Manager (Current Employee), ludhianaSeptember 23, 2015
Great Place to work with supportive team and guest in teraction
for great customer relation , moving ahead for great carrer while
enjoying daily opearation
Good to Work
trainee (Former Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
 Taking care of entire café operations such as Cash settlement, café cleanliness, Guest complaints and stock checking etc.
 Major role is cut down wastage and increase profitability.
 Maintain all stocks, files and registers.
 Daily duty allocation to team members and individual targets for the day.
 Conducting training classes.
 Often cross check cash, credit and coupons present in the cash till.
 Co-ordination with supporting teams to know about updates, upcoming events, marketing promotions and new launched items.
 Weekly once store indent and daily food indent through mail.
 Follow- ups of FIFO.
 Prepare P&L statement for the month and send it across to area manager.
 Training new Team members.