American Express Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Credit cards
BDE (Current Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiSeptember 18, 2017
American express is one of the best place to work in banking sector .The environment of american express is very friendly it is good for all employes who work with amex... I love amex
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaSeptember 18, 2017
Highest professionalism, on toe thinking, versatility and plethora of expertise and knowledge required. Days are uptight and performance driven with focus on KRA/SLA and superior work and presentation
Pros
Cons
cant think
Excellent work environment
Lead Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, IndiaSeptember 17, 2017
One of the best places to work at,

Excellent working and learning environment.

Definitely enhanced my overall skills.

Brilliant management.

Very employee and customer centric.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Employee friendly organisation
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  IndiaSeptember 16, 2017
Pretty good work culture with more emphasis on employee overall growth. Lot of training and on the job learning opportunities. Flexible work timings and female concentric company.
Timings are very bad ... too much of pressure.. 6 working days and no time for family and personal works.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  hyderbad, TelanganaSeptember 16, 2017
i wont refer anyone... but for people who can devote 10-12 hrs in office, for them American Express Hyderabad is good..
Timings are pathetic actually... And a lot of work load is given to the employees...
Employee Centric
Designation - Lead Account Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaSeptember 16, 2017
2nd Best place to work in India and very employee friendly. Learned MS excel. Management is easily reachable for employee's concerns.
Workplace is friendly and engaging activities help the employees build a strong relationship and help each other through learning and development programs.
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaSeptember 13, 2017
Amex has provided good skills, and i have acquired many knowledge from most of the department.

One self can learn through taking initiatives and collaborating with the teams
Assistant Manager - Operations (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaSeptember 11, 2017
American Express is a best place to work. I am with blue box from last 5 years. It has been a amazing journey with lot of learnings and helped me to be good citizen.
Pros
work life balance
good culture, good leadership
Lead Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiSeptember 9, 2017
American Express is the best place to work in. It is not just a company or organisation, it is a community which provides and meets all the social needs, which instills values that surpass any other. It is a place where you are trained and motivated and at the same time given free space to explore your creativity and contribute to best of your abilities.

Company which values and recognizes employees for their contribution. Equal opportunity employer with no biases.

Company where one feels secure, and where one matures. Once you join, you don't look outside for another job. You grow within the organisation as there are several opportunities in multiple verticals.

The most enjoyable part of my tenure with Amex was feeling of being one, feeling of being part of the organisation, where you knew you were contributing out of love for the company and what it stood for,
great place to work with!
Lead Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, IndiaSeptember 8, 2017
I have been working with Amex for over 5 year, it is an amazing organisation to work with. this organisation invests in its employees, and leadership levels are high, a sense of trust and accountability can be seen in majorly all amex employees.
Bad Middle Management
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  GurgaonSeptember 7, 2017
Outsourcing Middle Management is a bad Idea.
The Management is cooking their books.

Work is being done to cook numbers and artificially inflate numbers to present at Quarterly Results to presents to shareholders.
Learning experience with fun at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaSeptember 3, 2017
Wroking with American Express was one of the best opportunities of life where I have learnt alot and made new friends. Working culture was really very amazing where I used to love my work. Coming to a work place everyday where you dont have to wait for weekend is something which I liked about.Everyday was a new experience where learning was everywhere from your colleagues & senior management.
Great work culture
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaAugust 31, 2017
This is a magnificent place to work. I enjoyed the experience and actually made friends. Would love to work again. If you wish to work here. Highly recommended
Fun and Excellent Workplace
Service Delivery Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaAugust 27, 2017
It was my dream company to work with
I extremely enjoyed working in AMEX
Everything was organized in AMEX so nothing seemed to be hard
The most enjoyable part of the job was everything
Pros
Short working hours
Good Environment to work
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee) –  ChennaiAugust 27, 2017
Was a very good place to work. Continues training helped in improving product knowledge in the area we work. Motivation in the form of monthly recognition in salary was a determining factor.
Pros
Perks
Cons
A company where you can have fun because they have very less work.
Lead Commercial Underwriter (Former Employee) –  HaryanaAugust 24, 2017
Company has very less work to offer for employees.
Management does not even correctly predict the future growth of the company.

I have learned great professional ethics through training and development programs.

A typical day in Amex is like you work for only2-3 hours and this scenario is going since last 1.5 years.
Pros
Work from Home, Flexible working hours etc
Cons
Zero Job security
excellent work culture with opportunity to learn and grow.
Senior Reconciliation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaAugust 24, 2017
American Express is an excellent organization to work with. It provides a perfect work life balance to its employees and due to which more than 60% of its employees are women. The culture within the organization is healthy and rich. They have a strong ombudsperson to handle all kinds of grievances. They keep the environment happy and light with fun filled activities and regular celebrations which boosts the motivation of employees.
They also provide various learning programs for employees to learn and grow within the organization. The company keeps upgrading the working of its employees based on the market needs and focuses on constant growth.
American Express gave me immense exposure on my subject and opportunity to interact with other departments and learn more. My quest for knowledge kept on increasing with the regular support of my peers and seniors. The most enjoyable part of my job was my leaders and seniors were always open to new ideas and feedbacks and thus I was always full of zeal to give my best.
Pros
fun activities, regular cash rewards, free snacks and refreshments
Cons
Distance from my home
Employee friendly company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  IndiaAugust 23, 2017
The daily processes were defined for everyday. Primarily worked upon Oracle. There was a work life balance with options to work from home. But there were less options for promotions and further advancements.
Pros
Good health care
Cons
lesser promotions
job work/life balance
Accounts Executive (Current Employee) –  alAugust 22, 2017
complaint any other.pre-natal history and peri natal post natal any problem privensoin and speech therapy motivatin devepment history social and be
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long home
Very productive and Dynamic and very interesting place to work.
Master CCP & Resident Expert (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaAugust 22, 2017
American Express has been a very interesting workplace to be with work and improve my personality and career path. Working here, every hour gave a different experience and made me understand how to get back up when you fall behind.
Pros
Best work place with its ethics
Cons
Nil

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2