Allegion Employee Reviews

Clear goals
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2017
Management is good at setting clear goals for how your job contributes to the overall success of the business. This helps drive focus to the direction and work that needs to be completed.
nice work place
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2017
great place to work just to far trying to get closer to home
atleast as close as I can so I can get there faster and stay longer if needed by the jobs
Freedom and empowerment to try new things
Onsite Technical Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 10, 2017
After its split from Ingersoll Rand,the culture has been more open to new changes and leveraging best-in-breed technologies.
The focus was to shed off the corporate dead weights it inherited from IR and focus on sleeker and modern tools which caters to their business.
Pros
good management and work culture
Being in HR at Allegion
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 6, 2017
Allegion's culture is very collaborative, supportive and overall a positive place to work. My role was full of challenges and I was always fully engaged there.
Pros
Great culture and successful business
Balanced work place

Poor Management
Bad Attitudes
Poor Team lead
Unorganized
If you come to work everyday and stay to yourself just make sure your job is complete you will be fine allegion comes with alot of perks and benefits as an employee just don't try to befriend team leads and management no matter how much they try those people are snakes in the grass but they pay great and the work is easy so i would say work there
Great corporation overall.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 21, 2017
I had a wonderful time working for Allegion. Great products, benefits, employees, and a great customer base. I really enjoyed my work there. My manager and team were extremely supportive.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2017
I was hired as a temp. Allegion is a great place to work. Employees are treated as part of the team. Allegion offers a clean and safe work environment.
Lack of direction
Materials Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2017
There is a plenty of potential at Allegion, but with poor management, I'm afraid the place is on a decline. There is no strong leadership or clear direction within the business. People are also not held accountable and they are more than happy to lower their standards instead of hiring better employees,
Pros
Unlimited vacation
Cons
Operational Ignorance
Productive and fast-paced environment
Order Filler/Forklift Operator an order picker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis IndianaAugust 31, 2017
Busy atmosphere competitive facility long hours hands on training with a lot of different devices. Multi cultural environment able to learn and adapt to different cultures of people
Pros
CPR classes member of the First Response Team celebrations
Cons
New Management unfriendly environment
Very nice place to work for
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2017
I like the cafeteria and the work environment is clean. I like assembling and rotating every 2 hours. I like when we had chairs because we weren't as tired and pushed out more work. We also got to listen to music but that privilege also changed but overall I like to the work and the hours.
Pros
Rotating for ergonomic reasons
Cons
Standing in one spot all day isn't good for back or knees
Fast paced-multi-task position
Regional Sales Support - Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 31, 2017
busy - never one day the same
different manager levels - different personalities
close knit division
balancing new managers and their style
succeeding with the managers and most definitely the people in my SSC
Great pay, poor execution
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2017
I was employed at Allegion for 10 years. I worked in multiple departments throughout the facility and got to know the entire staff, majority of which are great, honest, hard working people. During my tenure with the company I was able to advance at my own rate which was quickly and consistent in the time I was there. Once I was promoted to a leadership role I quickly identified the poor accountability that Allegion demonstrates for employees that do not follow policies in place. This comprised my role in a leadership position to lead effectively, meet deadlines and accomplish team goals. Work/life balance they are very accommodating and try to be as flexible as they can with business needs. They are constantly looking to improve but the end results from execution of projects lacks significant productivity gains and cost reductions. Again due to lack of accountability it makes it difficult to accomplish creating new processes that would be sustainable. Last I would say being a non-union company there is the pick and choose who is promoted to leadership roles which is why there is a lack of leadership/management within the company. The turnover rate for plant managers has been in question for years with 4 different plant managers over the last 5 years.
Pros
Pay, Overtime, Great Co-Workers, Advancement opportunities
Cons
Poor Training, Management, Accountability, Execution and Communication
Fun place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 29, 2017
Friendly co workers and a great place to work. They will train you good. Fast paced work and good hourly pays. Always busy, 8-10 hrs of work every weekdays sometimes you work saturdays too.
un ambiente de trabajo bueno
operaria de produccion (Former Employee) –  Bogotá, CundinamarcaJune 28, 2017
Quiero trabajar para demostrar mis habilidades y mis conocimientos me gusto mucho mi trabajo hay me enseñaron muchas cosas q yo no tenia ni idea lo q no me gusto es q de un momento a otro todo se acabo
Pros
saludcoop
Cons
si hay descamso
I had a wounderful experiacne working for Allegion.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2017
This is a preferred job for me. Allegion offered more than enough room for self improvement. Pay raises were given when due. I also loved the benefits.
Fun working place, learned a lot
Temporary contractor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 27, 2017
I learned a lot and enjoyed working for their company.
help with staff awareness and help to create things needed to ship out to other companies. It was a friendly environment.
Productive and Fun
Firmware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Golden, COMay 24, 2017
Great work life balance.

Allowed to work from home when needed.

Great people to work with.

Local management is understanding of needs and will get you the tools you need to complete your job.
Fast paced job with great benefits
Master Key Editor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 17, 2017
Able to help customers every day. I was able to learn new skills and apply them daily. Had great management and it was a fun place to learn. I liked the different things that I was doing each day and had some really great co-workers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
upper management constantly changed
Friendly environment with good work/life balance
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Golden, COMay 15, 2017
Great location in Golden, Colorado. Friendly environment with flexible work schedule and relaxed atmosphere. Free lunches are provided often. Minimal travel required.
Just another factory job
Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 5, 2017
Management very disorganized. Very little load leveling. Employees are sent home early one day and asked to work on their normal day off to "make up" short hours.
Cons
Very strong "good old boy" culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegion. Our community is ready to answer.