Allegion Employee Reviews

ambiente de trabajo bajo presion.
almacenista (Current Employee) –  Ensenada, B.C.February 3, 2018
Las promociones solo son para personas cercanas a los líderes de las diferentes áreas, con dificultad dan oportunidad a que su personal que cursa estudios superiores a colocarse dentro de la organización.
Pros
seguro de vida
Cons
no hay transporte para 1er. turno
Great
Program / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 30, 2018
This is a good place to work. The people are very friendly and inviting. One of the best places I have work, in many years. Team work and carrying co-workers.
Temporary job
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 22, 2018
Productive enviornment very detailed as far as inventory is concerned. Need to recognize when they have a valuable asset to their company. Too much deceiving of employees trying to be hired through the temp service.
Pros
friendly
Cons
short breaks
cocina dentro de las instalaciones
operador de produccion (Former Employee) –  Ensenada, B.C.January 18, 2018
buen trato
Y en-constante información y tomo de importancia asía sus trabajadores
Pros
comedor
Cons
N/a
Excellent job, Great Benefits, All in what you make it.
Picker/Packer/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2018
It is all in what you make it, but truly a great company. They pay well, give you good benefits and a great schedule. There are times where you have mandatory overtime so be ready to work, but there are also times where the company orders free food for us and gives away prizes or company paraphernalia which is nice. I will say that if considering Allegion, this is truly a great company. They value good workers and treat them well. I have nothing but the best to say about my team and management here. I only wish they gave more added bonuses for superior performance, now this would make it perfection, if not the other benefits are great.
Pros
Opportunities are amazing, benefits great.
Cons
No added pay incentives or bonuses for great work.
Product Support Electronics
Electronics Product Support (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 3, 2018
one of the best jobs I've had. Some days were stressful and slammed with calls (call center type job) Some days were slower. The position that I held was very fun and had many possibilities.
Productive, solid work flow that never changes, massive warehouse with department changing options
Kick Push Plate Packer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 17, 2017
Work there is diverse, a lot of different ethical back grounds to speak to and learn about, there is many sections within one department to work at so its not repetitive and boring, and the management can seem cut-throat but in general wishes the best for its employees. Benefits are awesome, and if you don't like a department you have the option to change to a new one you get 3 paid vacation days at the start of your first day at work and management isn't hard to find. You get an hour long break and 2 10 minute breaks during your shift, over time is some times mandatory if no one in the department in question volunteers.
Pros
Hour lunch, easy to get to, benefits, pay, paid days off
Cons
Mistakes can happen often and stop work flow, policies change a lot so its hard to keep up on what has changed for the better or the worse
Busy warehouse very noisy
Stager/Packer/assembly (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2017
Get ready for a fast paced environment. Most days are 10hr shifts with some Saturday's. Overtime is mandatory most of the time. Very loud atmosphere.
Majority of the areas are simple to learn. Must pay attention to detail and watch the quality of your work. You are required to maintain an hourly tact sheet to show progress of your work.
Pros
Great health and dental insurance.
Cons
Short breaks, 30 min lunches, lot's of overtime
Home away from home
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 14, 2017
I have worked with the same people for 15 years as the tenure at Allegion is longer than I have seen at any other company and my co-workers have become a second family to me. It is home away from home and they are great people to work with.
Pros
Holidays, weekends off, floating holidays and flexible schedule options
Cons
lack of communication in top levels of management, lack of good training programs for new tools or systems.
Great benefits and pay / little room for growth
Consumer Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 29, 2017
Allegion gives great benefits and pay but there is very little room for growth. Training is always available. Restricted to desk most of day but there is also a gym on site for breaks/lunches
Pros
Gym in office
Cons
No room for growth
Clear goals
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2017
Management is good at setting clear goals for how your job contributes to the overall success of the business. This helps drive focus to the direction and work that needs to be completed.
nice work place
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2017
great place to work just to far trying to get closer to home
atleast as close as I can so I can get there faster and stay longer if needed by the jobs
Freedom and empowerment to try new things
Onsite Technical Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 10, 2017
After its split from Ingersoll Rand,the culture has been more open to new changes and leveraging best-in-breed technologies.
The focus was to shed off the corporate dead weights it inherited from IR and focus on sleeker and modern tools which caters to their business.
Pros
good management and work culture
Being in HR at Allegion
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 6, 2017
Allegion's culture is very collaborative, supportive and overall a positive place to work. My role was full of challenges and I was always fully engaged there.
Pros
Great culture and successful business
Balanced work place

Poor Management
Bad Attitudes
Poor Team lead
Unorganized
If you come to work everyday and stay to yourself just make sure your job is complete you will be fine allegion comes with alot of perks and benefits as an employee just don't try to befriend team leads and management no matter how much they try those people are snakes in the grass but they pay great and the work is easy so i would say work there
Great corporation overall.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 21, 2017
I had a wonderful time working for Allegion. Great products, benefits, employees, and a great customer base. I really enjoyed my work there. My manager and team were extremely supportive.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2017
I was hired as a temp. Allegion is a great place to work. Employees are treated as part of the team. Allegion offers a clean and safe work environment.
Lack of direction
Materials Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2017
There is a plenty of potential at Allegion, but with poor management, I'm afraid the place is on a decline. There is no strong leadership or clear direction within the business. People are also not held accountable and they are more than happy to lower their standards instead of hiring better employees,
Pros
Unlimited vacation
Cons
Operational Ignorance
Productive and fast-paced environment
Order Filler/Forklift Operator an order picker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis IndianaAugust 31, 2017
Busy atmosphere competitive facility long hours hands on training with a lot of different devices. Multi cultural environment able to learn and adapt to different cultures of people
Pros
CPR classes member of the First Response Team celebrations
Cons
New Management unfriendly environment
Very nice place to work for
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2017
I like the cafeteria and the work environment is clean. I like assembling and rotating every 2 hours. I like when we had chairs because we weren't as tired and pushed out more work. We also got to listen to music but that privilege also changed but overall I like to the work and the hours.
Pros
Rotating for ergonomic reasons
Cons
Standing in one spot all day isn't good for back or knees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegion. Our community is ready to answer.